Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forb - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Jhotato
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    N/A
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Forb#6006
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    -
    Total Ban Duration
    seems to be perma, didnt get a number
    Remaining Duration
    perma ?
    What other servers do you play on?
    goon and some Deadspace
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    no
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    no
    Reason for Ban
    posting an edgy meme in #shitpost
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    TLDR; posted a meme that was too edgy on #shitpost, seem to be permad, the meme wasnt even real and not taken into context, while i can accept it might have been inapropropriate a permaban seems like too much

yesterday (9/14/21) i posted in the shitposting channel a stupid shitpost, it was a Soundcloud link to a song called "cat with its balls caught on a fence (full mixtape)" which is very obviously just the same sound of a cat screaming repeated over 3 minutes(if you don’t believe me, i found the original sound clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qYRsh76Biw now I know that the original clip isn't any better but my point is that it's not actually a cat with a ball in it). this admittedly edgy post got me what I assume to be a permanent ban, as it just says I got banned and doesn't give me a time frame, maybe I’ve gotten the wrong idea from the server, or misunderstood the general mood, or have lost what is considered taboo, or because I’m not a veteran or haven't been on as often and people don't actually know me, but I thought it would be understood that when posting in a discord channel full of shitpost "this shit slaps" and then posting a clip of a cat screaming, that I wasn't being serious, and that the title of the clip doesn't even make any sense, have you seen how big fence holes are? I don't have a Ph.D. in veterinary so I could be wrong, but how big would a cat's balls have to be to get stuck in a fence? Now granted, when I think of fences I think of the chainlink kind, and it's possible people think of other fences which I admit would make more sense. but to me the humor is that it makes no sense that a cat would have its balls stuck in a fence, or that someone would record it and then call it a mixtape, to me it panders to the ridiculous, there are no reasons for any of this to exist, and the fact it does purely on its existence, is funny to me, I don't find animal abuse funny, I don't support the abuse of animals and their suffering feels like the suffering of any other sentient being, I guess that isn't a given and that it could be seen as me genuinely enjoying the sounds of a creature in pain, or that I pulled a string that whoever banned me was particularly sensitive of, but, in my defense, this is the first time I’ve posted anything like this, I’m not a returning offender, I don't post or talk about hurting animals, I’ve never posted anything of the sort, I get a warning, I get a kick, I get getting the ability to post removed, I even get a temporary ban, but a permanent ban? for a single shitty meme in a shitpost channel? How much clearer did I have to make it that I'm not some sadistic asshole who enjoys hearing the pained screams of an animal? i just thought the whole situation was ridiculous and that i wanted to share that ridiculousness, a friend that i was talking to told me that most people don't think this deep about what to them sound like an animal in pain and i get that, i guess that it was a joke for the wrong audience or a joke that you guys dont think fits in what you want the server to be, or a joke that whoever banned me found distasteful and crude, and i can respect that, again i understand getting punished for it, getting *Boinked* in this community is essensially a rite of passage, and in this community ive seen many who have been banned or blocked and then eventually returned for doing a little trolling, i hold no hatred for the mods, im not gonna scream 1984 because someone didnt like my joke, or try to make some stupid ass reddit post whining like a bitch because there were concequences for my actions, i just want to be allowed to view one of my most played games' discord and how its doing, and interact with some of the people who like to play it as well.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appeal assigned to the staff team for review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied.