User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I was tackled by a runner across LZ-624 and couldn't do anything

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uhm i also have this problem im so good at ghame but funny red dog kikls me?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i cannot speak english i remember this sentence phonetically

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @CrafticalDecoy comment?
    W-Welcweome tu LV-624 Gwentlemen. I W-Will not lie >//<, the chwance of youwur surwiwal awe smaw. Some may e-even be uwused agwainst your fwiends >w< as hostess for the xenywo, but y-you have my word that I will use my owowatch command tu enswure your bwodies are given uwunto Mawine's Memorial. This is the gweatest weward, more than even Dwolla!! hehe, for the fate of your soul is an etewnal cwoncern. Now cwome, fwollow me. Stwike down the xenyos that rise against us!! ^w^, Awow me to find this eldwitch hive cowore. I ask not for my selfwish studies, but for the good for the Corps! uwaaa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrodes View Post
    why you lone
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    Get buddies to go with you and never go alone, runner solocap is cancer but it mainly relies on you being alone (and you not having a MH or pickup macro)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanu308 View Post
    why you lone
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Fruit_VEVO View Post
    why you lone
    I was not alone, I was with a full squad with a weapon MH'd up and was pounced, dragged out, and spam tackled until I was hugged and put in a nest on the opposite side of the map. The runner even rhetorically asked in LOOC "why runners could still do that" after I was capped.

It also says a lot about the state of the server when a supposed "head dev" replies with a hilarious copypasta meme answer instead of giving actual feedback. Gameplay centers around risk and recourse, and this involved neither.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    if you're very robust how did he click you 4 times before you clicked him once

checkmate atheist
    I was unable to click, resist, move, or do anything the entire duration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuv View Post
    What do you do to counter this? I usually have a machete for when I get devoured but it seemed I couldn't do anything in this instance. Even with really good armor, perfect health, and being very robust I was stunlocked for several minutes with no recourse. Is this the gameplay (or lack thereof) I should come to expect while playing on CM from here on out?

Runners are designed to have very small hitboxes, with speed to make those hitboxes difficult to hit, even when completely surrounded.

To counter them, you have to entirely plan around them, get some lucky clicks, or burn them. That's pretty much it. Once you get rapid pounce spammed and dragged, there's nothing you can do yourself to escape. This is by design to make sure Xenomorphs get more numbers. Once you get taken and nested, the best thing to do is log out and play something else till the next round, or spectate and pray you somehow get rescued. Thems the bricks.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this reminds me of a complaint I had yesterday where I said lurker is so busted.
    people that play lurker shoot me back with how lurkers only have 350 health and die fairly easily to shotgun/m39 and you could just stay in a group to avoid them
    here's the thing. none of that matters if the lurker wants to kill you. the only thing stopping you from getting killed by a lurker that wants to kill you is GL armor and barbed wire barricades. Maybe a little easier to get is you could get shotgun turret or something.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuv View Post
    I was not alone, I was with a full squad with a weapon MH'd up and was pounced, dragged out, and spam tackled until I was hugged and put in a nest on the opposite side of the map. The runner even rhetorically asked in LOOC "why runners could still do that" after I was capped.

It also says a lot about the state of the server when a supposed "head dev" replies with a hilarious copypasta meme answer instead of giving actual feedback. Gameplay centers around risk and recourse, and this involved neither.

I was unable to click, resist, move, or do anything the entire duration.
    And none of the people in the squad tried to shoot the runner or save you as you got disarmed 4 times? Runners can't disarm on the first push so it must have done it a few times. Sounds like an issue of the squad being npcs.

Also I have to say you should have been able to click it before it pounced you, I admit it's hard but you should train LRBing runners who are pouncing you, it takes reaction time but it's very rewarding. Also turn on combat clickdrag override.

If it was able to pounce you, then disarm you down while you were stunned, then drag you off AND devour you the squad you were with sounds really shit and unreliable (they were probably bravo)
    Last edited by Stan_albatross; 09-20-2021 at 05:11 AM.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reminds me of that salty XX warrior's words in dchat "I got stunlocked to death by a delta marine who had 3 shotguns and couldn't do anything"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's ur answer since no one bothered - click the runner with a shotgun. They can't tackle you fully during pounce stun and being knocked down by abilities resets tackle counter. There is always at least one opportunity to point blank it and kill it instantly, which is why runners only cap bald people as otherwise it's too risky.

In regards to not being alone - it often helps, but if the people with you are equally unrobust and let it happen then yeah, love it or hate it but that's the CM experience. Git gud enough to not be that guy watching a runner drag ur buddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun fact, Runners and Lurkers an't balanced and if they are they balanced so that bald people can play them, it's not you trying to make a play against them it's you waiting for those two castes to fuck up that much that they die for it, the fact that these two bastards still exist is the reason why I almost always take a overclocked telsa atm.