User Tag List

View Poll Results: drone changes?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • merge gardener and healer

5 55.56%
  • keep gardener and healer separate but standardize what they can and cannot do (EG: melting)

1 11.11%
  • drones are fine and you're going insane

3 33.33%

Thread: Drone Balance, A Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drone Balance, A Discussion

Okay so lets sum up what a drone can do really quickly.

Base drone can build, special structure build, melt, phero, weed and shove plasma into you

Gardener can phero, weed, plasma transfer and make heal plants

Healer can special structure build, phero (stronger), melt, weed, heal you directly, shove plasma into you, and make shitty heal plants

---

Currently base drone is in an ok state, I'd prefer if we have some kind of acid pylon return that just puts out xenos, no need to hurt marines, spam clicking a beno to remove fire isn't fun and marines all have extinguishers. I think that base drone should have access to shitty heal plants. -Drone could use minor stuff

Gardener is really good, nobody is going to argue that the plants that they can use are good. Thing is that not being able to melt flares or put down special structures REALLY hampers you when a normal drone can just put a pylon down and put a recovery node next to it to do your job but better. - Gardener needs big stuff

Healer is actually okay, the heal is total dogshit and shouldn't rely on both being still, it should be like a channel or a 2 or 3 tile range or something. It's just that the heal making both be still means they need to be back from the front or in crit, and if they're back they're next to a recovery node that you won't be providing more healing than it. The pheros are exceptionally good and heal drone is good for combat drone with frenzy pheros. They also get some shitty heal fruit, that is pretty much just better than your ordinary heal because xenos will go pick it up when they need it

I think that Gardener and Healer should be merged, retaining the manual heal in some form, and having the ability to melt shit as well as special structure. I dunno, the division between Gardener and Healer is unhealthy and arbitrary. I might be losing my marbles, it's super possible. What do you all think?

PS: I think transfer plasma should be a plasma and not something you have to spam click 500 times, you just sit there and channel energy into someone until you want to stop. Allows you to fuel queen without giving yourself carpal tunnel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I think strains (and xenos) as a whole needs some TLC.

Strains should be obvious to other Xenomorphs, much like the Acid Runner is obviously different from the regular runner. Even a change in the name of a xenomorph pending such sprite (Eg, Mature Carrier becomes Mature Shaman Carrier). This would be nice for both the Xenomorphs and the Marines in general.

Healer and Gardner follow the same niche, Drones shouldn't be able to crit themselves when giving health across however. They should also be able to use special structures but have a smaller plasma pool for that.

Carriers are completely reliant on another role being in ovi (They should have the ability to eggsac as they previously did if Queen is in combat mode or having a slow regen on eggs/huggers)

There are other castes that also have issues in these areas, and while I do think that we are improving vastly, I think a few tweaks here and there which I don't think would affect balance too much would be excellent quality of life.

One further thing. leadership just also be based around actual leadership, rather than special pheromones. As it stands, Xeno Leadership is quite literally just front-line pheromone buffs, instead, it should be somewhere the Queen can bestow upon someone to allow delegation or trusted leadership. It'd be also really cool to have a secondary Xeno "XO role" (or even link this to leadership) which can do a lot of the roundstart critical things (Unnesting, slashing, ect), which would allow players to learn Queen without completely crippling the hive.

We are all aware that, Queens are in short demand and as the whole operation is very heavily based on them, learning on the go is both required but also very hard on the hive.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler: