Arthensis

Marine Name
    Katherine 'Catgirl' Hayden

Other Whitelist Applications
    None.

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Kana

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Ex-childcare synth, compassionate and friendly.

In essence it means to treat marines like children, motivating them to play games like tag or giving them pre-school/elementary school tasks like telling about their favourite animal, superhero, what they can see outside apc window etc., as well as generally having friendly approach, smiling. A bit of out of place in military setting.

Treating command with more toned down approach.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I enjoy playing support roles - in SS13 in general I am paramedic/medical main, focusing on getting people back to the game. Otherwise I do projects with friend that beneficially impact others or provide new rp means - innate urge to drag others from death or make their game better.

Solely in CM13, I sometimes come in during lowpop hours. I have experienced ops with no command and req.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Just another day in the corps with Konoe temporarily filling in for a doc in Med APC - showcase of quirk in dialogue.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I am not a god of FOB building, but I am convinced I have solid basics to competently play as synthetic - I can set up comms, place and repair cades, fix generators and such.

I also know how to chamber OB.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I have a bit of experience as SO and XO, with the latter including 2-3 ops where either were solely ran solo or solo for the most of it.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I can man the chem line without issues.

I love how surgery works on CM13 and find steps intuitive. Med APC doctor is my favourite.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Due to lowpop I decided to learn REQ, ending up as lone CT at times, I haven't heard or seen any complaints so far. I know about cryosleep inventory console existence and generally where stuff is in req.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    If I am transporting wounded marine with no squads nearby, I will attack the harasser with intent to fend it off and disengage.

During hijack, unless encountering marines that need to be treated/revived.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I am GMT+1, therefore I may not be recognisable to some at all, therefore I welcome any questions and will try my best to answer them.

I have yet to be noted on CM.

I hope to make op better for marines via synth gaming, through rp opportunities and performing support role.
    Last edited by KathHayden; 10-03-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story is extremely low effort, you didn't even bother to captalise your Is, this coupled with a lot of other mistakes gives me doubts as to your English skill. It also shows you treating marines like literal children - asking where their parents took them for holiday - which isn't acceptable since it shows your synth has a disconnect from reality/is unable to understand the actual situation. A GOOD interpretation of this kind of quirk would be to treat the marines in a caring way like a childcarer but to recognise that they're adults. The USCM would not use a synth that cannot understand that its marines are adults, and not children.

"I am not a god of FOB building" - simply put, you need to be. A synth placing flush cades or ] ] cades is unnaceptable and from your own assessment of this I'm not confident you would know to do all the right things when cading.

Medical - This is the only role I have seen you actually play so I have a bit more confidence in you being good at this. Your competency needs to be elaborated on however, and you need to get other people who can vouch for your abilites - I have not had the chance to extensively observe you.

Req - you need to know where everything is and need to have extensive RO experience. Not much more to say here, but it sounds like you don't have this. Have never seen you in it additionally.

Combat question - neds to be elaborated on, you need to include more examples such as how you can't engage in combat on the front lines.

Also :

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Last edited by KathHayden; 10-03-2021 at 01:17 PM.

You edited the application six days after posting it, I presume to change the name. Ergo the app is null and void - if you want to change the name you should post in the thread or pm council when being accepted.

Conclusion : low effort and bad story, quirk likely would have trouble working, competencies cannot be vouched for extensively nor seem all that confident in the first place.

-1, I strongly advise you to withdraw this application and reapply with a fully rewritten story, improved quirk, and much more experience.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiiiiii, thank you for your feedback and your time to review.

I actually were consulting ideas for quirks on discord and went with the one that met somewhat acceptance. In a story I just somewhat condensed possible dialogues, but I would not say detached from reality - it is attempt to distract marines during or awaiting surgery after all in an apc that is close to battlefied.

As for cading, in my opinion I can cade LZ just fine, as well as do frontline cading. I am reserved on this, because it is not the main role I play recently and I see how clever some FOBs are.

As for REQ, please notice that couple days since app passed too. I am a bit surprised you did not get to see me in REQ, as I have played more CT and RO during that time. I am confident on handling req solo throughout the op and already did. Mayhap timezone issue?

Thank you for observing the edit that was made, an oversight from me and something to bring up to council.

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably owe it to Kathie to comment on their performance, as I've more than once had them serve beneath me in a department while I was in CIC.

On more than one occasion, when I was taken away as either XO or CO to do some other task, Katherine has not hesitated to assume command in my stead provided there is no one to take the place aside from her.
    In these few circumstances, Katherine has performed with skill I've not noticed in many other XOs or even some COs, as her announcements are common but not overbearing, are very specific and mission-oriented, and it is all seamless. You'd sooner believe my XO only had their named changed and often times a boost to their skill.

I'm certain Katherine is skilled in req, as it's a very simple department, but I would like to remark that she stays VERY on top of orders and meeting demands. There is not a moment where a person has had to ask req more than once for something while she is in it. Her first priority is often FOB coords and from there immediately begins sending marine-oriented supplies. I've not had to see much in terms of specs asking for anything, so clearly they must be well-sated.

As a marine I've had a few encounters in medbay with Katherine, all are highly efficient. As a Squad Medic coming to the line for special meds, I never even have to ask. The vendor has always been full of the basics I like to take, so clearly she gets chemistry and stays on top of the supplies. I've had numerous surgeries with her, too, and I've been fixed with such speed that many other doctors simply cannot compare. I'm certain she can handle patients in a highly timely manner, with minimal friction along the way.

I HAVE had her groundside with me before - I'm a Bravo main so I see the FOB a lot - and I can't really say much about FOB construction, since at the time it was already made, but I DO know she stays VERY aware of who is manning what areas and maintaining the integrity of the FOB. During the siege that followed, Katherine spent most of the time welding behind our gunfire if she could, maintaining a basic level of defenses inside.

I don't trust myself too much when it comes to talking about the story, as it was what I was hit for most in my application to CO, but I believe she did exceptionally, with lots more detail than I had, and as I'm intending to apply for Synthetic as well, I KNOW I've read worse application stories in terms of content, grammar, or vocabulary. Katherine is a non-native English speaker and I've frequently felt like I could be talking to one of my American friends who ARE native English speakers. They do just fine with the language barriers involved. Their story is, in my opinion, quite acceptable (though if I MUST critique it, it's rather narrow?). Their performance in all departments involved in the application are remarkable barring MAYBE engineering (but I've only seen them once in engineering).

I'd give a solid +1, if I may be so bold as to support an application I am scarcely involved in.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this app has lingered on my mind for a bit but I chose to not really vote on it due to not knowing the player.
    I do appreciate their efforts here.

Regarding the quirk
    gonna be honest the marines in-game are pretty much children and I fail to see any difference.
    Opinion of them

I noticed you have no notes whatsoever which I think it's good. It's not a strict requirement to get my support but it's something to be mentioned about.
    no hilariously long to read walls of text, I'm just gonna make it clear I don't really support the application but I don't see an issue with the player.
    I'll have to keep on watch until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaaaaaaa, I am flattered by what you had to say about me, RV! It made me smile reading it, thank you for such extensive feedback!

Thank you for dropping by, Akira! If this is of any of help to you, I encourage you to ask questions about competencies as needed
    Otherwise, if you want to keep an eye out for me, I can usually be seen in game between 18:00-24:00 GMT+1.
    Last edited by KathHayden; 10-06-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I would like to withdraw the application. Thank you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Posting this just in case it isn't withdrawn]

Honestly, despite I'm no master on synths or anything similar, I would vouch to give out a try for her just for the fun. She doesn't seem that griefer or complete clownshitter you see around the rounds ruining the fun of everyone around them. I've mostly had decent to good moments with her.

As a medical nerd, I would trust my life on her more than any other genetically modified monkey that could lie around the white zone (excluding the CMO, of course, unless their IQ matches the rest). I've seen her in req a few times, not bad but could improve. Her communication is quite impeccable when it's not memey, so the RP side of a synth is fully covered.

Other than that, I just wish we had less meme synths, so as long as that isn't an issue, it's a +1 from me!

P.D: A good synth is the one that bullies the SADAR for me. Do so, I'll be in eternal gratitude. (I'm saying it as a joke btw, but I'll still appreciate if you do so.)
    Last edited by Time_URSS; 10-10-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Playing as:
    - Noah 'Butterfingers' Jones
    - Marcos 'Payaso' Ruiz
    - MOL-XXX
    - Pablo
    - Na'kel-uq Bo'ytill

Mentor: 02-27-2022 - 05/04/2022
    Trial Moderator: 05-04-2022 - 18/05/2022
    Moderator: 18/05/2022 - 12/07/2022
    Senior Moderator: 12/07/2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. I've seen you in-game a few, and also in #Whitelist-app-help. You've been asking around for quirks and such for some time before submitting this (god forbid your first idea was to submit a literal catgirl synth) and me and others gave you some pointers. You took those to heart very well, and I'm glad you are open to feedback.

However...

I have to somewhat go with what has already been said by Karl at the start.

Your Story is frankly not acceptable for synth WL standards. For CO this would pass, but not for synth. It's really badly structured and formatted, lacks capitalisation et cetera.

My main gripe is your quirk itself. It's just...

It's just completely, entirely, unacceptable? Like, what? You can't treat Marines like they're actual, legitimate fucking toddlers. That is 100% not ok. One of our Councillors (Zeke, who plays Day) has their quirk to be a Teacher-like synth. They sometimes act wacky and a bit out of touch, like calling the Dropship a "School bus" but never to the point where you'd actually think they're delusional and legitimately think they're on a class trip rather than on a fucking battlefield.

Your story should be an example of how your synth acts and talks, and how your quirk affects both. I'm gonna treat it as such, and say it's completely unworkable like this. If you want to take inspiration from childcare, then you should focus more on being caring and protective towards Marines - like a mother maybe - rather than treating them like they're 2 year olds. This quirk not only makes it seem as though your Synth has a screw loose and isn't properly aware of reality, but is also insulting towards Marines. There is absolutely no way you would be able to pull this quirk off without making Marines feel like you're being derogative, and talking down on them. I mean - you're LITERALLY treating them like children.

This quirk is deranged from reality, and offensive and aggravating towards the actual crew around you. It doesn't work.

Please don't misunderstand - I'm not at all opposed to you getting this Whitelist, but with this quirk I cannot support the endeavour. Please consider withdrawing and rethinking/refining your idea. Always ask a Councillor before submitting too (dont know if you did it this time or not)

Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022