Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taketheshot56 - Commanding Officer Application

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, those are some good stories.

As for adapting to current meta, well honestly there's little change on the CO side of things, post techwebs marines have to play a lot more conservatively now on everything less than the ultra high pop, but that's about it. There are a few minor things like the command APC or the existence of the command console corrupting bad XOs and sometimes even SOs, but that's nothing a CO with your amount of experience can adapt to in a couple of rounds.

Easy +1 from me.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, from the feedback from the people in your app, it's clear as day that you definitely have the experience to reapply for CO and join the whitelist once again! You've also argued and justified that you have this experience regardless of playtimes wipe! You also used to be a respectable member of the staff team and it just adds on to another green light that you'd be great to have back in the WL!

However, the fact that you've returned after a long time, regardless of your many feats, expecting that your previous experience would get you back in. I understand that there are a lot of factors IRL that take up your time and opportunities, sadly, 36 hours since rejoining is not enough to convince me. Your effort from what I've seen is very little and it makes me think you aren't serious about your reapplication to make the dedication required.

-1 for lack in recent playtime.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnclearDoctorMain View Post
    Hi, from the feedback from the people in your app, it's clear as day that you definitely have the experience to reapply for CO and join the whitelist once again! You've also argued and justified that you have this experience regardless of playtimes wipe! You also used to be a respectable member of the staff team and it just adds on to another green light that you'd be great to have back in the WL!

However, the fact that you've returned after a long time, regardless of your many feats, expecting that your previous experience would get you back in. I understand that there are a lot of factors IRL that take up your time and opportunities, sadly, 36 hours since rejoining is not enough to convince me. Your effort from what I've seen is very little and it makes me think you aren't serious about your reapplication to make the dedication required.

-1 for lack in recent playtime.
    I am sad to hear you think I am not serious enough about my reapplication as I can certainly say I am more than serious in this. Have I used answers from my previous CO application and altered the answers where needed to fit the new questions, yes absolutely. I wrote the application before and earned the whitelist before, my feelings since writing and largely my answers have not changed since I applied in Christmas 2017. You are not wrong, I do expect my previous experience and my experience since returning to get me back in. I helped build this whitelist into what it was with the help of many talented COs, Bancrose, snooper and others, catered to it with events and strived to make it better and to find myself off something I worked very hard on due to a purge and not filling out a form when it went around, well it certainly makes me want to get it back ASAP.

Ultimately we will have to see what the council says, but I do hope I can prove you wrong in that I am certainly dedicated, and I thank you for the comment.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got purged from CO WL for not playing, now is applying with 36 hours total, and only 2 hours XO of those.

A pretty easy -1. Play XO and re-apply when you meet the 30 hour requirement.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The player was in good standing with WL, only removed due to being inactive, becomes active and shows motivation to read up on new rules/ guidelines.

What do the people against this application believe they would learn in an additional ~6 hours of XO that they couldn't possibly understand currently? Also, I think it's fair to give the benefit of the doubt to someone with a good reputation in the community.

+1
    Tyrus 'Shoeless' Jackson (Moderately Competent)
    TOT, Formerly TO-T0 (HRP Xeno)

GhostGhost360#7429 on Discord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! After getting a lot of feedback from other COs and seeing your attitude on your app, I've decided to change my vote!

Our requirements are to make sure that we don't get anyone ineligible into the WL, but you're definitely more than that. You've already served your time pre-timewipe, even enough to work your way up to CO and CO council!

I assume you were purged during the CO WL purge and didn't get around during the time you could've.

Regardless, I'm sorry for misjudging you and wish you a good luck for getting back in! +!
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a fellow former CO council member, I have faith in the fact that you do have the seriousness for the role and more than enough to offer as a CO. You and me are both from a generation of classic COs that have a demanding presence and do not goof around.

Taking a break for a year or even more happens to everyone, so playtime in my eyes is not as relevant because I know and have seen what you are made of.

This should be an easy +1 from me and I believe the council should also share the same opinion if any of them remember who you were.

I have full confidence in this application.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Executive Officer 2.2 HOURS
    Squad Leader 1.9 HOURS
    Additionally, no MP hours whatsoever.

Timelocks and time tracking was introduced over a year ago by now.

Sorry, but no.

I don't know you and I haven't seen you play and I watch a lot of rounds. Even though other COs and literally my own manager is vouching for you based on the olden days, the more I learn about CM's olden days, the less I trust calls based SOLELY on that.

You have been purged for inactivity. There is still no activity that I can tell, which sort of makes the point of the purge moot if everyone just +1s you app by default.

Put some time in as XO at the very least and you should be golden.

As is, its a -1 from me on this ap.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw you play a couple rounds as your SL and I think you still got it. Also I didn't know you were ex council, so those things added up are pretty good. Also I don't want to be known as sharing the same opinion as silencer so I will be changing my vote to a 1+

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way. Just wanted to tell you not to worry about MP hours and ignore the comment two posts above, because MP hours don't matter for jack shit.

Looking forward to having you back. I keep seeing you playing SO/XO anyways, so you'll get there in no time by the time the app is voted on.