User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taketheshot56 - Commanding Officer Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen Taketheshot on multiple occasions. I have worked with them previously in the Staff team and they were on the CO council previously if my memory serves correctly. They definitely have more hours than me altogether when it comes to command. I don't see why denying Taketheshot would make sense on the sole basis of hours. If there are any other issues, I would understand but they have more hours, even if not on record than most people.

I applied with 20+ hours due to when playtimes got implemented and my change to the new Ckey. I don't see why Taketheshot would be kept at the gates just because he doesn't have the hours currently on record.

Purges were implemented for Players of old coming back and playing the role after not reading any changes. Reapplying for the WL means you will read the changes and make sure you are updated which Taketheshot most certainly will do.

+1
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone who ended up being purged has been for a reason. While I know and remember tts playing co years prior, he has been dewhitelisted in the CO purge, which means the council has turned over a blank page for you and you have to start from scratch. As seen by the playtimes you yourself posted, this is way too soon to (re)apply for CO. Hit the required XO hours, be active in general especially playing squad leader as well, then try applying again.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite what others say I do think MP is important for CO. You have no MP hours and only 2 as XO. Even if you used to be council you were purged for a reason, I think you just need to play XO more to get used to the new guidelines. -1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO.jpg

Its a requirement to have 30 hours as XO and 3 hours as a Squad Leader. It's a good start to be a former CO and former council member BUT the overall climate of commanding has changed since the purge - you need these hours in order to understand the current game state. Additionally the fact that one of the questions asks if you had read the "Application process" //showthrea...e-CO-Whitelist and you applied with 2 XO hours does somewhat concern me.

Do me and all of us a favour and play XO/SL while your waiting for your application to be processed, I'll change my vote if I see a lot more hours. Could you also post your current hours?
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy| Nauticall 06/30/2021

We're doing it comprehensively this time like the pred purge -- ALL existing COs will be removed from the whitelist and must fil out a brief form to get back into the role. Even newly-applied ones, unfortunately. Only exceptions will be current and FORMER Council members and Management.
    Disclaimer this is no way shape or form a post in my capacity as a Head Manager. Cause I could very well swing my biggus dickus around and just give him the whitelist and tell everyone tough nuggets.

Council and Forest have discretion and I give them that.

My personal opinion has always been what's fair is fair, it's listed former council were exempt from the purge.

As a fellow staff member who went up the ranks with Taketheshot since we both started around the same time, he had his ups and downs as a CO, but as a staff member he did his job, and yes he was the hard ass CO who would execute a synth if given the chance and the synth screwed up.

Just give it back, he was a former councilor, he should have that right, otherwise throw that right out the window and all former council are not exempt. If he does something bad, he gets de-whitelisted.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    CO.jpg

Its a requirement to have 30 hours as XO and 3 hours as a Squad Leader. It's a good start to be a former CO and former council member BUT the overall climate of commanding has changed since the purge - you need these hours in order to understand the current game state. Additionally the fact that one of the questions asks if you had read the "Application process" //showthrea...e-CO-Whitelist and you applied with 2 XO hours does somewhat concern me.

Do me and all of us a favour and play XO/SL while your waiting for your application to be processed, I'll change my vote if I see a lot more hours. Could you also post your current hours?
    You are correct, it is a requirement, and I would never dream of applying without having both of those hour qualifications LONG since passed. Its just that they aren't recorded. You are correct though, the climate has indeed changed, as has CM. I took maybe... one? or two? SO rounds and I was quite caught up on the current climate of commanding, I do argue however that I understand the current game state quite well in the past 46 hours. You are right to be concerned Albert, If I was this random person applying with 2 XO hours having just joined the server I would very much agree with you, but well. I have a truly immense amount of hours racked up in such roles across the years. MP and CMP included for what its worth.

Screenshot (1531).jpg
    My current playtime is thus. 45 hours in roughly a week. Of which 8 are as SO and 5 and a half are of XO. Its quite hard to get an XO role right now due to the amount of XOs rolling it seems but I do assure you, I am working away and have been commanding numerous ops later in the evenings when I can get the XO role more often.

I hope that somewhat assuages your fear and I thank you for the feedback regardless.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application has been rendered moot due to Taketheshot56 being exempt from the CO purge as a former CO Councilor.

Resolved - Accepted
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???