3 5.45%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Momentum crusher

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to take the sad truth, that one crusher can't exist with another. Either momentum crusher will be suck ass so bad, or will be buffed to easly "crush" standard one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    or will be buffed to easly "crush" standard one.
    Haha crush
    The laziest Bravo medic main that used to only use a flamer.
    LCPL George ‘swamp’ Grills [Bravo (Med)] says, "What a libtard lmao”
    Now I main Alpha ahhhhh

Whitelisted Captain Total_Epicness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IP ban anyone who says no

seriously tho if this gets merged im gonna be prime crusher speeedrun
    Benson 'Bengus' Gusman, Frankie 'LTB' Sulyard (old TC name)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love democracy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I somehow voted for "no"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I have some complex feelings about this.

On one hand, old crusher could be a lot of fun. There was a very lizard brained appeal to charging around smashing things and running people over. It could also be fun to fight against, since it was fairly predictable and rewarded marine players being alert.

On the other hand, and this seems to be an unpopular opinion, but old crusher was already kind of weak, and I think it would be very hard to make it viable in the environment that exists now.

Firstly, old crusher was from the era of depleting armour. Your typical mature xenos with armour was very tanky, but this was counterbalanced by the armour being depleted. Crushers with full armour could afford to run around in the open safe in the knowledge that few things would actually risk killing them. This was counterbalanced by the fact they could be worn down and would eventually become more vulnerable unless they took long breaks to recover armour.

Nowadays, xenos are a lot more fragile and the meta for dealing with T3s has changed. The biggest killer of old crushers, aside from the SADAR, used to be buckshot, because buckshot PBs killed everything and every other weapon was trash by comparison. Nowadays the big killers of crushers are M2Cs and AP rifles (and the bell, but I don't see the bell surviving long-term in its current state without nerfs). Killing T3s at range used to be a joke, now it's the norm. Being able to move fast along lanes by charging isn't going to give the same kind of protection that it used to because someone's just going to shoot a bunch of AP down that lane. Having the ability that lets you change lanes while charging will definitely help, but what I'm getting at is that crushers aren't that hard to kill right now. They are "tanky" in that they can basically ignore a bunch of marine weapons, but they still die very, very quickly as soon as one of the handful of things which can kill them shows up. Base crusher can get through this to some extent by using the shield and having good situational awareness, but unless momentum crusher is substantially tougher (in which case, why use the base crusher at all) it's not going to be able to survive in the role it used to have.

I'm not saying it's impossible, all I'm saying is that I think it will be very hard to balance it all properly. That said, maybe I'm just an idiot who is not seeing the obvious solutions, and I kind of hope so in this case because I do want to see momentum crusher come back in some form.
    Last edited by Surimi; 03-24-2022 at 09:23 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crusher just needs a buff in general. The ravanger does everything crusher does with more options.

I say if the ravanger is fire immune, make the crusher explosive stun immune forever. Make him the sadar counter.

That alone would make him 1000 times more useful as a "tank" he is supposed to be
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Crusher just needs a buff in general. The ravanger does everything crusher does with more options.

I say if the ravanger is fire immune, make the crusher explosive stun immune forever. Make him the sadar counter.

That alone would make him 1000 times more useful as a "tank" he is supposed to be
    A easier fix that would actually buff xenos as a whole would be to lower the crushers stats a tad and move it down to a t2 defender upgrade. It is worse in every regard to woyer, and has no real reason to be a t3 right now, ravs deal more damage, praes have more utility, boilers have more impact on fights as a whole via AOE denial and structure damage. Crusher doesnt fit any role right now, it cant charge>stomp as they knock everyone away that they hit, and stomp is useless against a target that is standing, they are significantly less tanky than a default rav or hedgehog, they cant fill roles like prae can with a healer, pick caste, sadar bait, instakill AHK strain, or just generalist frontline caster, and boiler simply can tell every marine to fuck off with one button. Moving crusher to t2 and giving it 500 health+30 damage slash would give xenos a fun and useful t2 besides woyer to use on the frontlines, while not actually having anything that is excessively op.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No do not make crusher a t2. Lower crusher slash damage (why the fuck is it almost rav slash damage) and bump its HP up significantly along with lower its cool downs (either base or increasing the CDR from slashes and AOE slashes, which would be cooler.) that way crusher could go in and crush. Right now crusher gameplay is sit behind a door then charge someone slash a few times, and slowly run away before your horrible movement speed and low survivability gets you killed. If you gave crusher better CDR from slashes you could charge in, hit a dude (lowers charge cool down) slash him and his buddies, charge again either into more marines or away. I’m aware you kind of can do this rn but it requires sticking around for a while and that’s not something crusher is good at.
    Synth Gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    No do not make crusher a t2. Lower crusher slash damage (why the fuck is it almost rav slash damage) and bump its HP up significantly along with lower its cool downs (either base or increasing the CDR from slashes and AOE slashes, which would be cooler.) that way crusher could go in and crush. Right now crusher gameplay is sit behind a door then charge someone slash a few times, and slowly run away before your horrible movement speed and low survivability gets you killed. If you gave crusher better CDR from slashes you could charge in, hit a dude (lowers charge cool down) slash him and his buddies, charge again either into more marines or away. I’m aware you kind of can do this rn but it requires sticking around for a while and that’s not something crusher is good at.
    Tankiness wont really help crusher, marines can already bodyblock, and by the time you can down the marine and step over, you will already be dead. CDR would help, aswell as removing the knockback from the charge and just having it stun for like 2-3 seconds so you can step forward, stomp to nuke the target, then slash a couple times and run away. As it stands, ravager does basically the same thing crusher does, but better, you have damn near as much tank from a full empower, your dash lets you get in to the fight, and two slashes will allow you to easily jump out of the fight before going in to crit. If you tried the same thing on crusher, you will usually just get mulched by AP ammo, which is plentiful, or you would get fletchetted to death, or killed by M2C deathbeam before you can get back to a safe spot. Removing crusher windup and giving it a similar CDR on slash as rav would be the only way I see it being relevant as a T3, currently it just feels like a wasted slot, sure sometimes its nice to be able to stop marines for .7 seconds to escape with stomp, but burrower already does that with more utility at t2, and sentinel does that at range as a t1. Alternatively, just give the charge a massive buff in damage against all cades, like 50% flat damage to cades, or something, to make fob sieges not a fucking shitshow. It will still take awhile for a big enough hole to be useful to open up, but atleast you are not sitting for 30 minutes + waiting for boilers to deplete the marines immense reserves of supplies as they heal cades over and over. It would be really nice to actually get through a cadeline in a reasonable amount of time, not being stuck slowly chipping away at it for 1/5 of the round. Also, I dont see why you have such a coniption from the suggestion that crusher is not a t3 worthy evolution. All the other evolutions are (really) strong. Crusher, is for the most part, not that good. Its AOE slashes can be really powerful, but with the meta the way it is, even really skilled players end up dying on crusher because the current iteration is just really bad. It cant get in to fights or get out of fights, even when you charge someone they get flung away from you, meaning unless you can charge them while a wall is behind them, you have even more time in the danger zone to walk at them, by which time they have stood up, making your stomp not really useful outside of a very light CC, and you have a shield to hopefully let you tank your way back out of the horrible position you put yourself in to. Sending it to t2 and nerfing its stats would give t2s a really solid evolution for melee combat, while not being the cancer that is getting woyered in to brazil and never being seen again.