User Tag List

Thread: Divryne - Roleplay (Breaking SOP as XO)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Divryne - Roleplay (Breaking SOP as XO)

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    Jike

Date of Incident
    October 1, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Muraty 'Shard' Abebe

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Divryne

Accused Character Name
    Gary 'Chainsaw' Greyholme

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    2021/10/01 at 22:20 more or less

What rule(s) were broken:
    Roleplay (Breaking SOP as XO)

Description of the incident:
    The XO combat deplyed to the AO even though the CO had already deployed and died, thus, leaving no CO to hold CiC.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Don't have any screenshots, but looking up the logs for Muraty and Gary at around that time would show when the incident begun.

How you would punish the accused:
    Warning, maybe temporal job ban if they get uppity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the XO in question here, Gary Greytide/Greyholme

Although high command did indeed announce that all crew and personnel were allowed to deploy to the AO moving forward, and ignore SOP, Logically I did indeed leave an SO to hold CiC. This was an unfair course of action because it retroactively placed the entire weight of CiC and command on the SO's shoulders. Henceforth, I agree that some sort of something should be applied.

I would like to both apologize for adding unnecessary stress to your game and compliment your rise to the occasion when your superior officer (me) did not do his duty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it's pretty fine tbh, I know you are a pretty decent player all things considered which is why I suggest if there's going to be any punishment to make it light.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs are largely truncated as just the deployment seems to be in question. They did not initially seem to go beyond what their stated intentions were, and only did so after the SOP change.

Red - OP
    White - XO
    Green - Others

XO announces intent to deploy, SO accepts it, tho seems a bit reluctant.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

XO announces decision
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CO dies (perma)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

XO amends his position, to just a quick speech
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Xo is clearly deployed at this point.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Xo announces intent to return.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Deployment SOP is changed.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

XO chages his mind.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ito726; 10-05-2021 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Minor formating, and clarifying
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm correct in my recollection of this round, I had altered SOP due to how the round was going on for a very long time and both marines and xenos had undergone heavy losses and didn't really want to fight one another. The intention of that choice was to allow the shipside personnel who were likely quite bored by that point to do something other than sitting around, and to also give the marines some extra "troops" to encourage them to fight without giving them an unfair advantage.

That said, I had neglected to mention that there should still be someone in CIC at all times, which was a mistake on my part. I would have added that clause if I had remembered to do so because it was not my intention for there to be nobody in CIC.

Regardless, it seems that the XO had broken SOP and left CIC *prior* to the High Command Announcement, and thus my SOP change shouldn't be a huge factor in this report.
    Last edited by Podrick Equus; 10-05-2021 at 11:14 PM. Reason: changed "you" to "the XO" in the final sentence

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are shared guidelines for CO's and XO's. Part of this is the fact that one of either the CO or the XO must be on the ship at all times. If the XO deploys, the CO can't and vice versa.

You have no previous notes for incidences like these, so this will just be a warning. Please read the guidelines relevant to Executive Officers below. As a former CO Councillor involved in helping make these guidelines, I'm happy for you to reach out to me on discord if any of it is difficult to interpret and I'll see what I can do for you.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Commanding_...and_Guidelines

Report Accepted, Warning - Note will be applied.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)