Bob Cross
    Their BYOND Key
    Ben11567
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10:40 CT
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power
    Description of the incident
    During this round Captain( played by staff morderator) decided to deploy and died during main assault. Later his body was gibbed by OB(called by charlie SL). I made some funny announcemenet stating that his death means promotion for me. immediately after that Staff sent two provosts to investage my involment in CO's death. I showed my discontent by making yet another annoucement about provosts. Few minutes after they said im guilty of manslaughter and will be arrested and demoted after operation. Ofcourse IC my character didnt agreed with that frame attempt so I made another annoucement about provosts( them being fake and CLF, that that they will be arrested and questioned shortly). I told them to report to nearby brig, but they left the ship via pod. Later i recieved a massage that Im being charged for sedition and provosts will be deployed to deal with me. Long story short we managed to kill two provosts but admins respawned long dead mod Captain as android captain synth (as they explained later because they didnt want to left CIC unmained beside having something called chain of command and one SO ) Its a blatant case of staff abuse. Reviing your fellow staff member because he died early during a round. In addition provosts actually framed my character for manslaughter which simply shouldnt happenen.
    Evidence
    logs
    How you would punish the accused
    demotion, but its not for me to decide

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have the timeline of events slightly mixed up in my response so correct me if I'm wrong.

As you said the CO deployed and got killed, shortly after this an OB was fired near the cave entrance that only hit the captains body. You made an announcement saying that this was good for you as it meant a promotion. Seeing an opportunity for some RP I sent in two mods as provost to investigate whether or not the captains death was foul play (mostly due to him being the only one that was hit). After a couple of minutes one of the moderators told me in msay that after their investigation they were ready to charge you with manslaughter. Not wanting to disrupt the operation I told them to just return to the CiC so they can be picked up by a droppod. This is where I made the ARES announcement that you would be arrested after the operation for manslaughter. During their investigation you kept making announcements about how you want the provost gone and were speaking to a MP (Pacer Moon) about how you might want them arrested (this might have been a conversation from a later date, logs will show it)

Once the provost were in CiC you began saying how they were CLF spies and you ordered them to come to brig to be arrested. When trying to take them to brig the provost boarded their pod and left. Speaking to the mods in msay they were suggesting your arrest however once again I did not want to disrupt the round by leaving CiC with just a LT while xenos were winning, someone suggested sending in a replacement CO which I was happy to do if I could find one. It was around this time you made an announcement asking all marines to evac the planet and return shipside to fight the CLF spies.

It was suggested to send in Phillip Clap as a robotic version of his dead captain so he could focus on carrying on leading the operation while you were dealt with. Clap and the two provosts were sent back into the CiC when you began to open fire on them. Running out of the CiC I believe a MP and Chef tried to stop you however you killed them (I am unsure about this as neither ahelped but were both dead near the CiC area where the gunfight happened, once again logs will show this).

After trying to arrest you (and failing) you managed to kill both the provosts and ran around the ship for a couple of minutes trying to find people to come retake CiC with you. You then made your way into the CiC and tried to kill the captain. During this firefight he managed to get the upperhand and stun then execute you.

None of this was an excuse to revive a dead staff member. You were never going to be arrested until you tried messing with the provosts.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Dubszor; 10-09-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben presented it as the only one who was gibbed rather than hit iirc, to the provosts, meaning the ob had to have been almost centered on him or for him to have been alive. The manslaughter charge was issued due to a combination of the joke making it seem as it may have been intentional, and the perming the CO intentional or otherwise, and by your account would have been alive the time of the ob, and iirc, as you said xenos had capped him. Either way you want to turn this, manslaughter is a valid IC charge, but it is an RP charge, which is way beyond a bit of pressure, it was not actually enforced. The pressure to my understanding was there for the joke and RP. Notably, there was an FTFP charge too, that was also all but ignored, beyond putting some pressure on you.

Your reaction to even before seeing the provosts was hostile and increasingly seditious as time went on, to the point it became outright sedition, and later on, multiple murders, some of which could be seen as a breach of IE server rule. The sedition required your replacement in CIC. As XO, you serve at the pleasure of HC. At the time there was no one ICly available from what I recall looking at the manifest, and no, a lone SO does not suffice imo either in terms of keeping the round on track, as was the case for Ben. So we started looking for replacement candidates, and as none of the other staff wanted it, and as I noticed flpfs was available, I had the idea of sending a replacement synth co, as those are fun are rare events. Flpfs later changed the IC fluff to him being revived and rebuilt cyborg instead of a generic CO Synth, which I do like better, but the event did not originate for the purpose of reviving him, and only did so as a side effect.

In conclusion, circumstanced demanded that someone take over CIC, as to not derail the round, and it just so happened Flfps was available. They were not the first choice for the role and the primary characteristics of the role were decided before we knew who would take over (i.e. be a CO/XO of sorts). Some of the 2ndary characteristics for the role were tailored for the player, tho not uniquely so, naut for instance could just as easily have been the one to play if they so desired, after it was decided to have them. And then later on flpfs made an even better backstory for the role, but that was after it was decided to have them do it.
    Last edited by ito726; 10-07-2021 at 03:28 PM.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've reviewed everything. I mean joking about the CO getting killed by the OB and making it look like you caused his demise opens the door for the roleplay that occurred. Seems you contributed to the event and even fought against the provosts. However the side needs a leader, I do not believe Ben abused his powers at all. Manager+ have quite a bit of leeway in events over admins and senior mods.

I don't see any violations at all, and judging from all these logs, you not only went with the event, sounds like you spiced things up and rolled with the whole provost are CLF, etc...
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids