User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Synth Survivor Guidelines?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synth Survivor Guidelines?

I have came across a few rounds where a synth survivor would approach the hive during the pre-landing part of the round, and for the most part alot of them don't seem to do anything other than just talk or play the game as if it was a normal survivor round. Is there anyway we can get a comprehensive list of things that a synth survivor can and cannot do, just like for the ship-side synths?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well seeing as they still can't use guns anyway they're encouraged to roleplay with xenos, but since xenos obviously just slash everything planetside and not try to RP, that point is pretty moot.

So at most you'll probably see them helping other survivors or holing up in a spot while xenos tries to get to it for absolutely no gain because synths are synths and not humans that can be hugged.

And I don't think they are allowed or if they are would even do the "save xeno specimen" RP ala Isolation and go murderbone in melee against other survs anyway due to the first point.
    Last edited by Ttly; 02-14-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RP with xenos isn't possible after marines land.

We had a round where xenos and marines started negotiating with each other thanks to the synth but epic staff team decided to warn us for it :wheeze:

Synth survs are gen1s btw, therefore they're trash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was the Queen I'd probably order it to be captured because why not, it's nice to have alternatives to slashing everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synth Survivors

Guidelines
    1- Your self-preservation comes first.
    2-The Synthetic Survivor is not obligated to stay loyal to the colony or the Company, they are at complete liberty to join whatever faction they desire. Ex. USCM, Colonists, The Company. (This excludes xenomorphs, as they will conflict with the self preservation clause.) A Synthetic Survivor cannot change their faction after joining one.
    3- If engaged in combat, you must ensure the threat disengages or is disabled. If it runs away, you are not to chase it to the ends of the Earth.

Extra assets applied
    Synthetic Survivors have the knowledge of the Xenomorphic Language.

It isn't updated, the official one should be out.. soon?
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to consider the player and the fact that they got pretty lucky rolling a survivor synth so as xeno queen I always order the aliens to capture them/leave them be.

Only time I have had to kill one was when it refused to come to the hive and killed a lurker.

Last night as queen we had a synth who I talked to quite a bit using psychic whisper, I put him to work in the hive as the carrier's assistant. Only problem was they couldn't plant eggs, I think this should be changed because it would give the synths a job to do if they join the xeno faction, which is also something that should be allowed as I expect that it would provide a unique and fun roleplay experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in that round so i saw, the only thing that i know of that the synth can do that benefits the xenos is to have him drag them away if they go into crit.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a round on Prison a few days ago where there was a synth survivor that Delta was insistent was helping the benos: luring them into Xeno-infested areas, sealing their lines of retreat (maybe), and other stuff like that. I'm not 100% certain that it was true, but that specific synth survivor made a big show of talking in Tradeband and space commie a bit later, so I'm not sure.

The main issue is, if Synth survivors were ever allowed to ally with the hive, you then have to deal with the repercussions of that decision: under what circumstances are the synths allowed to ally with the hive? What things are they allowed to do? Are they allowed to act friendly to the USCM to bait/trick them into wasting men and resources to strengthen the hive? If the last one becomes commonplace, how do you prevent the Marines from killing Synth survivors every round without forcing them to play dumb and let the synth backstab them?

Personally I like the fact that they're not allowed to side with the hive because it stops the entire concept from becoming the next source of salt for the game.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Synth Survivors

Guidelines
    1- Your self-preservation comes first.
    2-The Synthetic Survivor is not obligated to stay loyal to the colony or the Company, they are at complete liberty to join whatever faction they desire. Ex. USCM, Colonists, The Company. (This excludes xenomorphs, as they will conflict with the self preservation clause.) A Synthetic Survivor cannot change their faction after joining one.
    3- If engaged in combat, you must ensure the threat disengages or is disabled. If it runs away, you are not to chase it to the ends of the Earth.

Extra assets applied
    Synthetic Survivors have the knowledge of the Xenomorphic Language.

It isn't updated, the official one should be out.. soon?
    that is the official guideline, we're just waiting on the forum post to be updated. sorry for any confusion fellas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make them like survivors.

They have to show hostility right on first contact to qualify for being an antag.

Boom problem solved.