User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Synth Survivor Guidelines?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are synths allowed to be CLF as long as a survivor chooses to be CLF?

In that case, what would self-preservation entail? Could a CLF synth fight against marines due to the conception that reprogramming/scraping is equal to death? Or would self-preservation force the synth to surrender before engaging in violence?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    Just make them like survivors.

They have to show hostility right on first contact to qualify for being an antag.

Boom problem solved.
    No they are different as they can rp with Xenos and use their language. Please allow them to plant eggs and have them use hostile intent if they ally with Xenos. They should be allowed to have that choice

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith View Post
    No they are different as they can rp with Xenos and use their language. Please allow them to plant eggs and have them use hostile intent if they ally with Xenos. They should be allowed to have that choice
    Again, as I said, if Synth survivors regularly do that and trick the Marines into Xeno traps it's only a matter of time before Marines just autoassume Synth survivors aren't to be trusted and either ignore them/refuse to let them onto Almayer or simply kill them on sight. If that happened and the latter was declared against the rules, Marines would just do the former. If the former's declared against the rules as meta, you have a lot of players that suddenly feel as if they're forced to fall into obvious synth survivor traps before their friends can do anything to them.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I myself had a round where I, playing the role of a Working Joe that lacked awareness of the colony's situation, ended up getting kidnapped by xenos who refused to leave the strange, calm robot man alone.

What followed was being tossed in a cell for a good chunk of the game while they kept demanding me to "revive dead hosts" and to "help the hive", while I myself just wanted to return to work and repair the damage to their current hive (which was at ETA at the time).

While it was interesting getting to RP with xenos as they interacted with the strange, stupid robot that spoke simply and waddled slowly throughout the lair (or at least tried to), I was horribly conflicted throughout the situation. I didn't want to help the xeno, because it wouldn't make sense for a colony laborer to suddenly decide to obey the whims of an alien he can't really understand, but I also didn't want to be hostile towards them either, because I was more focused on being a "background character" who aimlessly wandered the colony and did odd jobs amid all the chaos going around him, spouting silly phrases and sometimes interacting with people, but never dedicating myself to helping one side or another.

if I am correct, xenos don't really pay much attention to synths unless the synth gets in their way somehow or attempt to cause harm. Otherwise, they'd normally leave them alone while they wander aimlessly throughout the colony. Xenos shouldn't go out of their way to make slaves of them just because they don't attack them, and they shouldn't outright murder synths on sight unless they prove to be a threat.

I think colony loyal working joes have interesting RP potential, and I hope it stays that way. I'd hate to have another role that gets KOS because "they always bad, Mkay?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fuck yall talking about.

Colonists can be hostile as well, yet you don't see Marines KoSing colonists on site. Very few marines do this and they are usually assholes. And its clear when colonists are hostile and when they are not; the same will be true of Synthetics. If they choose to side with Xenomorphs, they will most likely be near or in their hive, and in first contact, will be hostile towards the USCM. If you just shoot a synth survivor with no reason your gunna get dunked on.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fuck yall talking about.

Colonists can be hostile as well, yet you don't see Marines KoSing colonists on site. Very few marines do this and they are usually assholes. And its clear when colonists are hostile and when they are not; the same will be true of Synthetics. If they choose to side with Xenomorphs, they will most likely be near or in their hive, and in first contact, will be hostile towards the USCM. If you just shoot a synth survivor with no reason your gunna get dunked on.
    There is a difference. Survs won't work with the hive for sure. All they can do is to kill few marines, not a big deal really. Just OB their hideout in the worst case scenario.
    Syntvivor can act friendly, but transfer info to benos, open plasteel cades etc. You don't have to show your "bad" intentions as survivor and you could potentialy do what Syntvivor does as normal survivor, but with the small difference of dying/being captured by benos on the first opportunity.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    There is a difference. Survs won't work with the hive for sure. All they can do is to kill few marines, not a big deal really. Just OB their hideout in the worst case scenario.
    Syntvivor can act friendly, but transfer info to benos, open plasteel cades etc. You don't have to show your "bad" intentions as survivor and you could potentialy do what Syntvivor does as normal survivor, but with the small difference of dying/being captured by benos on the first opportunity.
    Queen can already do this with normal survivors. Survivors that want to be hostile and help the Xenomorphs can do so, especially if the Queen uses her telepathic whispers to communicate with a survivor and tells xenos to leave the tallhost alone.

It is just much harder to do as survivors can't speak xenomorph or understand it so only Queen can talk to them, while synth survivors have it easy.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queen can already do this with normal survivors. Survivors that want to be hostile and help the Xenomorphs can do so, especially if the Queen uses her telepathic whispers to communicate with a survivor and tells xenos to leave the tallhost alone.

It is just much harder to do as survivors can't speak xenomorph or understand it so only Queen can talk to them, while synth survivors have it easy.
    "Xenos: Aliens have no free will. They are a hivemind, and their purpose is to enforce the will of the Queen and expand the Hive. They are not friendly and will not negotiate."
    Since Synth is not a host, it's basically useless for them, so it makes sense they could cooperate, or atleast ignore eachother while not being friendly.
    Allowing normal human to cooperate with aliens is too far fetched and I'm glad I never saw this during my gameplay.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just combat synth. Thats all folks
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to watch how combat synth and survivors rushing CIC, killing CO and put Almayer on SD, then escaping in evac, while CLF coming up as ERT.

What about to survive as a synth, you can just electrify everything or just stay metaclose to LZ1, like everyone doing almost every round.