October 9, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Sergio Stone / Yumi "Momo" Yamato
    Their BYOND Key
    Ordosian
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    15:13
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server.
    Description of the incident
    The staff member in question did a zombie "event" without asking any players or announcing it over OOC, pretty much just spawning them randomly and locking the xenos in the caves with impassable walls. All because the queen went AFK round start, apparently.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    A warning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Xenos were transformed into Zombies and got informed that they will be turned. Queen was spawned (whom I was) in the wall in caves so the round would not end.

2. I did not announce it over OOC because I know that as soon as people hear zombies, they pull out meta against them. It was to be suspenseful and something different.

3. Caves were altered so there wouldn't be any fighting inside them. No Xenos were locked as all of them were transformed into zombies after telling them in XOOC.

This was just meant to be something different. I can't change how Zombuls work, however, it does provide good insight as I believe one of the devs has plans to rework Zombies in the future so I wish to actually test the zombies and then when the time comes, tell the Dev that wishes to work on them the information.

It was a one-off round. The only thing I apologise for is not informing the survivors previously as they should know as they are survivors.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This report is lackluster, so I am going to give you a chance to elaborate on what was actually violated here. Staff are not required to inform people of events, Major or Minor. Ordosian got approval via the appropriate channels for this event.

Staff Report Rules:

8. Do not make an report unless you believe that a member of staff violated procedure or otherwise acted inappropriately/abused ingame moderation powers. This is not the place to post if you want a rule changed, or disagree with a staff procedure. Notes will only be removed by a manager if it was determined that a staff member enforced a rule wrong. If you have a problem with a procedure or a rule you can reach out to a member of mangement via forum PMs or discord to have a civilized discussion.

Could you please elaborate on how this violated procedure or abused his administrative powers?

Thank you.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Donor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    This report is lackluster, so I am going to give you a chance to elaborate on what was actually violated here. Staff are not required to inform people of events, Major or Minor. Ordosian got approval via the appropriate channels for this event.

Staff Report Rules:

8. Do not make an report unless you believe that a member of staff violated procedure or otherwise acted inappropriately/abused ingame moderation powers. This is not the place to post if you want a rule changed, or disagree with a staff procedure. Notes will only be removed by a manager if it was determined that a staff member enforced a rule wrong. If you have a problem with a procedure or a rule you can reach out to a member of mangement via forum PMs or discord to have a civilized discussion.

Could you please elaborate on how this violated procedure or abused his administrative powers?

Thank you.
    As stated, it violated "Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server. ", zombies are not lore friendly, nor any announcements were made to attempt to fit them into the setting or for an example, PMCs attempting to control the outbreak or something of sorts, making it almost instantly a RP clusterfuck, with people C4ing zombies, tossing them under the DS, etc. Not to mention, survivors had no clue what was going on, as not even them were informed, and considering they're survivors from the colony, they should know or at least have some time to prepare. On my view, as a common PFC at the time, the event had no connection to RP at all and just devolved into complete LRP TDM with creatures that one hit killed you.

I know "fun" is relative, but from my experience, many people were unhappy with this "surprise event" (including me, of course), and to me, it really just felt like the staff member in question just spawned zombies in without much consideration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zombies are lore-friendly. They appear in Prometheus. Which is in turn Alien lore, which is what we use. People C4ing Zombies and tossing them under the dropship is what you guys do every single time there are zombies. Do not attempt to say that I caused that. In every Zombie situation, you do that because it is the only viable way to kill Zombies.

I already spoke to the survivors about it. And that was their only grievance but overall they enjoyed it.

You say the event has no connection to RP. Yet people actually got scared and roleplayed the Zombies being a surprise. I already explained why Marines didn't get any information regarding the event and I already spoke about survivors and how I do apologise to them but I did speak to them in dchat and last round chat while taking their feedback

There was no PMCs or any of that sort because it was an outbreak on an outer colony. It was not a research facility like Corsat etc. It was an Archaeological site, one that uncovered Black Goo from the caves, specifically the sand temple.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is my view that this event, and an unrelated event that was run later, did not meet the event standards that we have set forth for the Administration team.

As a major event, further preparation should have been done, even if the event was trying to be done in secret. It is my view that any major event should constitute some roleplay elements and planning. I understand that events often go wrong, or off the rails, but I don't believe this event had sufficient planning to be a major event.

Resolved - Ordosian has been suspended from running events for 2 weeks due to a clean history prior to this.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???