Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CAS emptying the Req in five minutes roundstart

Whitelisted Captain LilPenpusher's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    honestly what this thread shows is that transport needs better attachments to make their points worth as much as CAS or at least a decision.

a game that has trap choices is just going to make these kind of things right?

tl;dr buff transport
    Agree. Transport POs need love because the job is notoriously boring and you easily get warded away from doing it after you spend an hour clicking a button every 3 minutes, only to then slightly mess up with door locks and evac take-off, and be told you're a mass murderer and ruined the entire operation.

Granted, some POs ARE actual dogshit and deserve the hate but... yeah. It's not very good.
    Lance Corporal Misti Rockwell, Squad Medic (Alpha/Bravo).

Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Captain Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Whitelisted Captain LilPenpusher's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lance Corporal Misti Rockwell, Squad Medic (Alpha/Bravo).

Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Captain Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread just illustrates that the DS Fabrication system needs some attention. Like having the options of 4 weapons. And the options of 4 Transport attachies. And leaving the ammo for points. Or just have a certain level of stockpile of the ammo.

As it is the sentries, and gun are far from good options to spend your points on the longer the round goes on. But yes in the case of EVAC it's better than having nothing. And Electronic attachies are just irrelevant entirely. Maybe if there was an MD/Bell attachment that would be worth looking at.

On the flip side it's easy to have a round where CAS does nothing due to the lack of JTACs, and the abundance of pylons. And you have spent points that have basically contributed nothing to the round

Also the engine upgrades are reduntant there's 2 hardpoints per dropship and 2 options, sure you could double stack them but no one ever does because it's inefficent one way or the other.
    Should we be really need to use points on buying an extra set? Why not just have them lying around by defualt like one set already is.

As to the actual reason that this thread exists at all. Yeah stealing all the points at roundstart for ammo is inconsiderate to the other PO. But most people weighing between the chance to turn the way the round is going via CAS, and getting a couple more marines that really should have got on the DS earlier surviving an evac that has probably killed atleast half of the marines that were originally told to EVAC. And you'll find that people enjoy the prospect of winning more than RP. Who knew.

Also personally I don't take anything other than the engine upgrades and leave the rest for CAS. But when I'm CASing I don't spend all the points. And I'll listen if the other PO wants anything because I'm not a dick.