User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: CAS emptying the Req in five minutes roundstart

  1. #1
    Junior Member KuroNyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    CAS emptying the Req in five minutes roundstart

    So, since a few days. One particular player seem to enjoy emptying the entire REQ without leaving ANYTHING left for the transport PO.


    That is, no machine gun, no sentries, no nothing left. The guy just straight up sit at the printer and empty all the points with guns, and as much ammo as he can need. Half the time the ammo doesn't even get used by the way since the OP is over before he can fire everything.


    Ho, and he does that regardless of others PO actually telling him they need stuff too.

    While some may argue that "meh sentries and guns are useless hurr hurr", you're entitled to your opinion.

    However the options are HERE and AVAILABLE for the PO's and THEY are the one who get to decide on what they want for there runs. And most PO's who experienced theses as Transport PO.

    As a PO main myself, I have come to appreciate the actual bonus the sentries actually give when it comes to evac and if not for them, a few evacs would have been cut short and allowed the marines to get just enought time to load one more marine in.-you also have no idea how the xenos love to try to destroy them instead of getting INSIDE the ship like they easyly could. It's like a damn light in the middle of the night that will in the end fry the xeno- One more marine who then was crucial in the defense of the Almayer AND thus win the round as marines.
    Other rounds, I've seen the M56D being used marvelously by marines who managed to actual repel major push and get some of the big guys attacking.



    Personatly, I think that kind of behavior is unacceptable, rude and selfish -and some admins actually do agree on that- and while it does NOT apparently constitute a rule break. It does create however an option to prevent that kind of behavior in the futur.
    PO's should be allowed to equip there dropship the way they see fit. And ONLY once the drops are made should the REQ be emptied for the benefit of the CAS. Not before. ESPECIALLY NOT when the Transport PO also try to print his stuff.
    Last edited by KuroNyra; 10-10-2021 at 05:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make a player complaint or ahelp them

  3. #3
    Junior Member KuroNyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    make a player complaint or ahelp them
    This was done. Admin at the time "Grimreaper" explained that he didn't saw the thing has an OOC problem and just a pure IC problem and while the behavior of the player was "selfish and rude", he couldn't even get it to consider it a breach of RP at all. Nor griefing.


    The player in question has already done the same thing MULTIPLES times in the past and already got multiples complains from what I heard. Problem is he stay under that very thin line that prevent it from being actually considered griefing at this point.


    Not helped by some CO that just don't give a damn about the behavior of the players nor how they work with eachothers despite supposedly being on the same team.


    The point of this thread is not to talk about this particular round, but to talk about that behavior in general and to MAYBE, just MAYBE add a rule that forbid CAS players from being dicks like that and prevent the other side of the spectrum for dropship of doing there own jobs.
    Being a lone wolf can be understandable, not in this game, not where every single guy is litteraly just a cog in the machine toward victory for his side.


    Sur sentries and Machine guns are not used ALL THE TIME -kind of like CAS barely see use anyway du to the Pylons, just today we had 3 match in a row where CAS got used ONCE-. But marines are pretty damn happy they are here when the xenos are litteraly on there butt. I've stopped counting the number of times theses littles things actually made the difference between a good evac and bad evac.
    Last edited by KuroNyra; 10-10-2021 at 10:24 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >Buying sentries as a transport PO

    Sorry but you are wrong here lol

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transport sentries suck ass, runner can outrun them. The machine guns also suck ass. Would you rather save a marine or two because xenos can't board transport and it saves a few ungas. Or would you rather have multiple more FMs for CAS to shoot at xenos with? A widow can give a T2 and multiple mini stacks can get a couple of xenos. A widow is cheaper than a turret at the printer.

    Actually experienced transport POs realise this. They realise that killing multiple xenos so a evac never happens, by allowing CAS to have points is much better than saving a few, who will most likely just be revived after transport docks and they go to medical
    Having enough ammo to kill a t3 (2 keepers/widows) is much more valuable instead of 2 sentries that aren't important because if they are needed you've already lost. Having the ability to kill xenos so fob is never under siege in the first place is muuuuch more important than saving a few ungas dude

    "Ree admins think this is IC but I think it's griefing!" It's funny cause no one back in the day would actually take sentries, because CAS was may more active and required the additional budget for ammo every single round. But now CAS is dying cause POs would rather just click a button to move transport, instead of using the automatic flying and getting kills with CAS
    Then going onto transport for evac so someone can lock the doors after fob siege begins.

    That one more marine isn't as crucial to the defence of the almayer if you use the budget you used on sentries to kill the xenos on CAS. Simple as. But with hoe dead JTAC is nowadays and the knowledge of it lowering per round, with not many spotters, buying sentries doesn't matter if CAS is bald, cause they won't use up their budget anyway

    All in all, if youre transport, you literally only need 1 engine upgrade. If you buy all the shit you could possibly need or want as transport, then factor in the weapons CAS buys. You're halving their ammo count at best. Which is in my opinion the soft griefing.

    I bet you get lz detector too lol
    Muhreen: Eugienia 'Nordica' Northey
    Xendigo: ZAB0





    Medals:
    https://imgur.com/a/PiOgzZY

  6. #6
    Junior Member KuroNyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatethisengine View Post
    >Buying sentries as a transport PO

    Sorry but you are wrong here lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    Transport sentries suck ass, runner can outrun them. The machine guns also suck ass. Would you rather save a marine or two because xenos can't board transport and it saves a few ungas. Or would you rather have multiple more FMs for CAS to shoot at xenos with? A widow can give a T2 and multiple mini stacks can get a couple of xenos. A widow is cheaper than a turret at the printer.

    Actually experienced transport POs realise this. They realise that killing multiple xenos so a evac never happens, by allowing CAS to have points is much better than saving a few, who will most likely just be revived after transport docks and they go to medical
    Having enough ammo to kill a t3 (2 keepers/widows) is much more valuable instead of 2 sentries that aren't important because if they are needed you've already lost. Having the ability to kill xenos so fob is never under siege in the first place is muuuuch more important than saving a few ungas dude

    "Ree admins think this is IC but I think it's griefing!" It's funny cause no one back in the day would actually take sentries, because CAS was may more active and required the additional budget for ammo every single round. But now CAS is dying cause POs would rather just click a button to move transport, instead of using the automatic flying and getting kills with CAS
    Then going onto transport for evac so someone can lock the doors after fob siege begins.

    That one more marine isn't as crucial to the defence of the almayer if you use the budget you used on sentries to kill the xenos on CAS. Simple as. But with hoe dead JTAC is nowadays and the knowledge of it lowering per round, with not many spotters, buying sentries doesn't matter if CAS is bald, cause they won't use up their budget anyway

    All in all, if youre transport, you literally only need 1 engine upgrade. If you buy all the shit you could possibly need or want as transport, then factor in the weapons CAS buys. You're halving their ammo count at best. Which is in my opinion the soft griefing.

    I bet you get lz detector too lol
    Transport sentries suck maybe for damage -a buff wouldn't be out of order speaking of that-, but they make for formidable Runner warning system for round start, and make for formidable diversions during evacs. Again, I've litteraly stopped counting the amount of time where I see freaking xenos stopping to hit the sentries themselves instead of the marines running inside the ship. But I feel like you're deliberatly going to ignore that and just pretend as if I've said nothing.
    Even with the very low damage output they get, they somehow still scare away most T1 who just don't wanna risk to lose that tiny bit of HP that might save your life, the XX usually, -you rarely find the xeno mains as regular tier 1s anyway-


    And please, "soft grieving" don't be stupid and try to reverse that, it's not like Req doesn't resplenish enought to give enought ammo back for the damn CAS, an ammo usually is about just 300 points. EVEN with the player in question, there was ALWAYS ammo left for CAS at round end.

    As for engines upgrades, hahahaha sorry but no. The Transport also has great benefit from using both systems. Not only does it reduce the cooling time by a wide margin, but the fuel enhancer reduce the travel time so much it allow for some incredible cycle speed between the Almayer and the planet, and with the fact you'll need more troops and more cycles than you'll need CAS -who again are either not used, or end up getting marines killed.


    And LZ Detector? Do you really have to sink that low to imply an ad Nominem? Get out of here children, the adults are talking. Last guy who instaled an LZ Detector got personally lynched by myself -withing RP and rules obviously, the guy was bald as fuck, he had installed TWO of thoses... ON THE CAS DROPSHIP! Many facepalm were done during that operation, but the PO learned his lesson.-



    Also: we ain't talking about here about weither or not stuff are usefull or not.
    We're talking about the BEHAHVIOR of the guy emptying REQ with no concern for the other.
    Last edited by KuroNyra; 10-11-2021 at 09:23 AM.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said nothing, sentries are WASTE of points. Want to scare a runner? Bring a shotgun. Engineers supposed to fortify LZ anyway, so later in the round sentries are virtually useless. Better to buy a few rockets for these points, because THESE DOGSHIT USELESS SENTRIES COST A LOT. Never buy them if there is a CAS PO. Actually, never buy them at all because CAS PO can always wake up later. CAS is overnerfed but still can do a difference if it has enough ammo.

  8. #8
    Junior Member KuroNyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatethisengine View Post
    You said nothing, sentries are WASTE of points. Want to scare a runner? Bring a shotgun. Engineers supposed to fortify LZ anyway, so later in the round sentries are virtually useless. Better to buy a few rockets for these points, because THESE DOGSHIT USELESS SENTRIES COST A LOT. Never buy them if there is a CAS PO. Actually, never buy them at all because CAS PO can always wake up later. CAS is overnerfed but still can do a difference if it has enough ammo.
    I've said something that is valid, weither you like it or not. But with no surprise you do the dumb act and don't even speak of the real subject of the thread.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at most you should buy ONE sentry to cuck lurkers trying to sneak in the main door and FUCKING LOCK THE OTHER TWO DOORS

    HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO LOCK THE DOORS, THIS LITERALLY PREVENTS FIRST DROP RUNNERS/LURKERS FROM GETTING ON 100% OF THE TIME

    POS SINCE 2017 HAVE BEEN FAILING SO HARD AT THIS SHIT

    GOD
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)

    Maxwell, the synth

    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:


    Synth gaming :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

    Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

  10. #10
    Junior Member KuroNyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    at most you should buy ONE sentry to cuck lurkers trying to sneak in the main door and FUCKING LOCK THE OTHER TWO DOORS
    That"s my usual MODUS.


    Also you'de be surprised at how regulary you have runners entering by the main door to cuck some wounded inside it.

    You'd be even more surprised at how often theses fuckers get away with it.

    I simply don't trust the marines at this point to make a sealed FOB.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •