Thread: CAS emptying the Req in five minutes roundstart

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    make a player complaint or ahelp them
    IC issue.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kuro, don't take my opinion as Admin. Take my Opinion as a CAS PO main since Pilot officer became a thing and i main support roles like Mortar operator because i like the RP involved. I have been on CM since 2016 and i can say. Buying anything for transport shuttle is a waste of points, anything except for the LZ Camera which is the less BAD option is useless, Sentries? fire too slow and don't output enough damage. Machinegun nest? new PO bait, Fulton? Useless since defcon got removed along with intelligence officer.

The only thing i saw Transport Pilots do which i ACTUALLY agree with is being a Discount CAS with one GAU, during transport you can Direct Fire, Dropship points are already scarce because they removed the Ammunition hangars, i do not agree in pre-emptively printing ammo, but i do agree in having a reserve in case J-TAC is actually competent and xenos being bald and not placing infinite pylons.

Returning to the theme of the topic, yes, it's dickish, but i would do that as well.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    skill issue. and yes I do rob the ammo vendors of all the good m39 ammo : )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lock your doors.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Kuro, don't take my opinion as Admin. Take my Opinion as a CAS PO main since Pilot officer became a thing and i main support roles like Mortar operator because i like the RP involved. I have been on CM since 2016 and i can say. Buying anything for transport shuttle is a waste of points, anything except for the LZ Camera which is the less BAD option is useless, Sentries? fire too slow and don't output enough damage. Machinegun nest? new PO bait, Fulton? Useless since defcon got removed along with intelligence officer.

The only thing i saw Transport Pilots do which i ACTUALLY agree with is being a Discount CAS with one GAU, during transport you can Direct Fire, Dropship points are already scarce because they removed the Ammunition hangars, i do not agree in pre-emptively printing ammo, but i do agree in having a reserve in case J-TAC is actually competent and xenos being bald and not placing infinite pylons.
    Maybe if he was able to buy them, and people saw how weak they were they might get changed/updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Returning to the theme of the topic, yes, it's dickish, but i would do that as well.
    Number one with a bullet, under community expectations. "dont be a dick".
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, you seem to think that I use sentries for DAMAGE.

I'll C/C what I said in my first post

"As a PO main myself, I have come to appreciate the actual bonus the sentries actually give when it comes to evac and if not for them, a few evacs would have been cut short and allowed the marines to get just enought time to load one more marine in.-you also have no idea how the xenos love to try to destroy them instead of getting INSIDE the ship like they easyly could (note: it also goes for xenos NOT attacking marines who are still OUTSIDE the damn dropship). It's like a damn light in the middle of the night that will in the end fry the xeno- One more marine who then was crucial in the defense of the Almayer AND thus win the round as marines."

They also serve as perfect detector along with a MD who give me a near perfect view of what's going on right outisde the dropship when I'm needed in the cockpit.

And weirdly enought, some T1 actually are scared of getting hit by the Sentrie and will waste time actually getting into his dead angle and destroy it. Again that little bypass always give precious seconds. -And seconds are treasure when it come to Evac-

I use sentries not because of there damage, but because they are perfect bait to warn of incoming danger.
    Just one on the only unlocked door of the Alamo can do wonder for gaining time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But what's the point in having so bad insurance in case of evac (especially when MD does the same thing and doesn't cost points), when CAS can do wonders in right hands and actually prevent evac, support marines anywhere, help the FOB to stand against siege. 500 points you wasted on a sentry (implying you didn't buy more, if you did, then no wonder that PO decided to preventively empty the dropship printer) is almost two keepers. Each keeper is a potentially dead T3. How can a sentry be better than that? No way. Evac might not even happen and cades prevent LZ shenanigans. It doesn't worth it, it is a waste of points, why are you so stubborn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not a PO main if you love playing transport, you're a monkey pressing a button main. PO mains play CAS lol. Spending money on turrets and gun emplacements is retardedness to an extreme. Just kill the xenos on CAS and spend the budget better so you don't even need to evac in the first place. If you evac it means the marines lost. If you get kills with CAS it means you win. I'd rather have a better chance of winning than a less worse loss. A loss is still a loss. No one cares about a T1 being scared of sentries. You lost fob. Sentries have shit damage and are too expensive, you're just cucking CAS by taking half their ammo because for some reason you want to take LZ detectors and a single marine extra. Killing a T2 or t3 is way more important than saving that marine dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    You're not a PO main if you love playing transport, you're a monkey pressing a button main.
    Aaand just like that you lost any kind of credibility. So because I actually enjoy doing transport I CANNOT possibly be a PO Main in nay form whatsoever? Even tought I do as much CAS as I do Transport?
    You simply imply that I only do Transport and not CAS, you don't even THINK of the possibility that MAYBE I enjoy both side of the coin.

Noooo, that's just too hard for your little brain of your is it?
    And even throwing in an insult, nice.
    Shut the fuck up kiddo. Let the adults speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatethisengine View Post
    But what's the point in having so bad insurance in case of evac (especially when MD does the same thing and doesn't cost points), when CAS can do wonders in right hands and actually prevent evac, support marines anywhere, help the FOB to stand against siege. 500 points you wasted on a sentry (implying you didn't buy more, if you did, then no wonder that PO decided to preventively empty the dropship printer) is almost two keepers. Each keeper is a potentially dead T3. How can a sentry be better than that? No way. Evac might not even happen and cades prevent LZ shenanigans. It doesn't worth it, it is a waste of points, why are you so stubborn?

I could ask the same of you, why so stubborn as to even refuse to acknowledge the pure fact that simply emptying an entire side of the game purely for meta reasons is litteraly against the rules the players are expected to follow.
    Yes, MAYBE a keeper might save the situation, but it also might just get a BAD cas and get marines killed, don't act as if CAS is a fault proof system that cannot fuck up.
    CAS failed, and will fail. Just like that banshee said player printed during the match I mentionned in the end killed fifteen marines, DURING EVAC -because yeah, the CAS didn't prevented an evac despite the HO SO MANY AMMO HE HAD- because the guy targeted the wrong flare -something that can and will happen to the best-
    You don't place all of your bets on only one side of the coin when doing a series of coin toss, that's asking to get a beating.

One sentry is litteraly recharged point wise in 8 minutes, 8 minutes from round start. You're gonna tell me the CAS see action already 8 minutes into the round?
    Considering the deploys happen at 20:20 at the fastest, that's already 1k points back before the marines actually deploy.
    Last edited by KuroNyra; 10-12-2021 at 04:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing math skills. This won't change the fact that CAS will have less ammo available tho lol. Use your brains, please, if you hadn't wasted 500 points, CAS would have had more ammo by 12:20 than if you had. Simple, right? Don't waste dropship points. Also neglecting the opinion of one of the best JTACers we have right now actually just proves your ignorance and stubbornness.

> You don't place all of your bets on only one side of the coin when doing a series of coin toss, that's asking to get a beating.

Also someone doesn't know how probabilities work. The chance of H-H-H-H-H is equal to the chance of T-H-H-T-H so it doesn't matter how you place your bets lmao.
    Last edited by ihatethisengine; 10-12-2021 at 07:24 AM.