User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CAS emptying the Req in five minutes roundstart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatethisengine View Post
    Also someone doesn't know how probabilities work. The chance of H-H-H-H-H is equal to the chance of T-H-H-T-H so it doesn't matter how you place your bets lmao.
    For a coin toss, yeah. The chance are technicly equals.

Except we ain't really dealing here with coin toss right?
    And the litteral match that made me decide to finally speak about this problem had ALL the things you defend

CAS: emptied the entire REQ for himself.

Result? Failed to avoid the marines to get an evac.
    Bonus: Killed fifteens marines in said evac.

On the note of math: yeah, it still take the equivalent of one missile away for... 8 minutes. Jesus Christ ho horrifying. If you're really going to use THAT as an excuse, even for roundstart.... And I'm the one who's supposedly stuborn. Riiiight.
    Last edited by KuroNyra; 10-12-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't me who brought up coin toss for some reason lol. And your new argument is completely made up, let's deploy marines without guns so they won't FF. Genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatethisengine View Post
    It wasn't me who brought up coin toss for some reason lol. And your new argument is completely made up, let's deploy marines without guns so they won't FF. Genius.
    Please quote the moment I propose to send marines without guns, "genius"?

And no, it wasn't you, but you apparently never heard of expressions, or metaphores.
    You do however seem to be familiar with the Hyperbole.

Tell me when you're done making up stuff and ready to actually ARGUE and DEBATE about behaviors. You prooved if I recall yesterday that it's actually something you're capable off.

Not this nonsense you're currently serving up.

I won't place all of my bets on the CAS. Nor on the Marines who always find new ways to lose the game.
    So yeah, I take my own personal precaution for the ship, I upgrade it to the max for the engines because I've seen too many FOB being "alright PO you can cycle in and out" and suddently "OH MY GOD PO GET DOWN HERE HO GOD PLEASE!" and land with the xenos right at the door.
    And I keep a sentry that is basicly the "they are this close to fuck you and your passengers up".

You may not agree with it, but I don't require an authorisation to get ONE THING from the Req at the round start. Especially since NO, unlike the other way around, it doesn't prevent the CAS from still getting ammo to feed his guns.
    And the rules actually forbid to be a dick toward others players.

Case in point
    https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Rules

Rule 3. Community Expectations

The general behavioural expectations for members of the community. Unless explicitly stated these rules apply to all areas of the community.

Don't be a dick.
    Last edited by KuroNyra; 10-12-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Place your bets on winning, not on evacing, especially when you have all tools you actually need to do a proper evac. You don't need sentries for this, leave the points for CAS pilot who actually needs them. Because of current balance state, buying sentries is a noobtrap. You fell for it. You should admit it instead of making up some reasoning. The fact the game allows you to buy sentries doesn't mean you should do it. You probably thought otherwise. Nonetheless, dropship fabricator literally should be used only by CAS PO. This is how it worked before and somewhat works now. But yeah, inexperienced players not aware about this and often enough spend points on some nonsense, actually unintentionally griefing CAS and marines. This is why experienced PO may decide to spend all points on actually useful stuff preventively. This is what happened here. You are wrong, but you are not to blame. You fell for bad gamedesign, you thought you were supposed to use dropship fabricator, which is wrong. Everyone including the staff member you ahelped to thinks nothing wrong happened. Said PO should have cooperated better, but given how stubborn you are, I can understand his desire to solve the problem without having to interact with you. It's okay to be wrong, it's okay to make mistakes, it's okay to make bad calls, but you should admit your mistake instead of defending it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I place the bets where I want.
    I place the bets according to me. Not to some meta that even FAILED on said round like you seem to keep missing out
    I place the bets on stuff I actually trust, and I prefer to trust myself managing an evac along with my duo of MD+Sentry and Shotgun to keep at least the Alamo safe from any infestation. -especially since MD tend to fuck up on round ends when craptons of things happen at the same time-
    I place the bets that if the Marines win, well at least my precautions won't have to be tested.
    I place the bets that on the other hand, I'd rather be prepared for an emergency.

If you can't understand that, too bad for you.
    If you don't want to do that kind of preparation on your end. I can respect that.

But in NO WAY you will be actively preventing others players from trying up the stuff they want to try.
    In NO WAY you should be allowed to litteraly fuck two others PO's who actually politely ask you to leave enought points for ONE fucking thing. ONE fucking thing you already have in 4 in reserve, and one more that can be printed in less than ten minutes, while it's still roundstart and Deploy isn't even gonna happen for fifteen more minutes.

If you STILL CANNOT get that, you're probably not worth wasting anymore time because you reason not like a teamplayer, not even like a good person, but just like a jerkass.

And I'd take a bad player who's actually willing to cooperate over a moron who maybe is good at what he's doing. But is still a moron.

Beside, I'm pretty sur you'll be one of the firsts to suddently change your damn mind if somehow the meta AGAIN start to shift.
    You wanna keep being a metadude? Then go ahead, but don't fucking block others players. 500 req points ain't gonna be responsible for the loss of every single fucking game.
    Last edited by KuroNyra; 10-12-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) It's not meta, sentries just suck. By their stats and common sense. There is no meta, they just bad. You can call buying crayons off-meta, still would not mean it's a right thing to do. And in this example RO by any means necessary should prevent such behaviour.
    2) I misunderstood the point of this topic. I thought you wanted to hear opinions on this topic, but literally everyone told you that you're wrong and you keep dismissing it. This is your right to do, but I won't participate in this anymore. Keep playing by your own judgement and waste essential point on equivalent of crayons. Call it off-meta and trying new things, actually hurting marines.
    3) If you really think you are right, fill a staff report. It's still possible to punish the player this way. Say the staff member failed to investigate and in theory they both will be punished. I am pretty sure you will get denied, but hey. If you really think you are right here, why won't you do that? Go ahead until it's too late. At least it would be funny to read.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transport items are completely useless; yeah you might scare off a runner or a lurker but your not making anything significant. CAS on the other hand as people have mentioned can make or break rounds as seen in the past and the matter of the fact is that "Transport" does not ever make or break a round. Evac is your main argument but marines do a far better job then the so called "sentries" which are the equivalent of peashooters. Having sentries on your dropship derives the CAS PO from being 100% effective during the round, and sentries or any other emplacement will not make you any more effective, even during evac. You are a TRANSPORT dropship not anything else. CAS has already been stamped on, we don't need it to be further stamped on.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres your dropship runner protection shotgun with buck

Honestly. Let em onto the drop ship. Its good for marines. Every marine that dies is basically guaranteed to get up and have all their fracs fixed while any xenos that get sent up are free kills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transport DS doesn't need any modules besides Engine mods (which you dont need to print since a pair of them starts out in the hangar. IF the other PO takes those and then empties DS req then it's griefy, I agree.

But no, Transport does NOT need Sentries, does NOT need MG nests, does NOT need weapons for FMs and does not need lights or whatever. Its all dumb and doesnt do jack. Waste of points.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly what this thread shows is that transport needs better attachments to make their points worth as much as CAS or at least a decision.

a game that has trap choices is just going to make these kind of things right?

tl;dr buff transport