User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CAS emptying the Req in five minutes roundstart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    honestly what this thread shows is that transport needs better attachments to make their points worth as much as CAS or at least a decision.

a game that has trap choices is just going to make these kind of things right?

tl;dr buff transport
    Agree. Transport POs need love because the job is notoriously boring and you easily get warded away from doing it after you spend an hour clicking a button every 3 minutes, only to then slightly mess up with door locks and evac take-off, and be told you're a mass murderer and ruined the entire operation.

Granted, some POs ARE actual dogshit and deserve the hate but... yeah. It's not very good.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread just illustrates that the DS Fabrication system needs some attention. Like having the options of 4 weapons. And the options of 4 Transport attachies. And leaving the ammo for points. Or just have a certain level of stockpile of the ammo.

As it is the sentries, and gun are far from good options to spend your points on the longer the round goes on. But yes in the case of EVAC it's better than having nothing. And Electronic attachies are just irrelevant entirely. Maybe if there was an MD/Bell attachment that would be worth looking at.

On the flip side it's easy to have a round where CAS does nothing due to the lack of JTACs, and the abundance of pylons. And you have spent points that have basically contributed nothing to the round

Also the engine upgrades are reduntant there's 2 hardpoints per dropship and 2 options, sure you could double stack them but no one ever does because it's inefficent one way or the other.
    Should we be really need to use points on buying an extra set? Why not just have them lying around by defualt like one set already is.

As to the actual reason that this thread exists at all. Yeah stealing all the points at roundstart for ammo is inconsiderate to the other PO. But most people weighing between the chance to turn the way the round is going via CAS, and getting a couple more marines that really should have got on the DS earlier surviving an evac that has probably killed atleast half of the marines that were originally told to EVAC. And you'll find that people enjoy the prospect of winning more than RP. Who knew.

Also personally I don't take anything other than the engine upgrades and leave the rest for CAS. But when I'm CASing I don't spend all the points. And I'll listen if the other PO wants anything because I'm not a dick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KuroNyra View Post
    So, since a few days. One particular player seem to enjoy emptying the entire REQ without leaving ANYTHING left for the transport PO.

That is, no machine gun, no sentries, no nothing left. The guy just straight up sit at the printer and empty all the points with guns, and as much ammo as he can need. Half the time the ammo doesn't even get used by the way since the OP is over before he can fire everything.

Ho, and he does that regardless of others PO actually telling him they need stuff too.

While some may argue that "meh sentries and guns are useless hurr hurr", you're entitled to your opinion.

However the options are HERE and AVAILABLE for the PO's and THEY are the one who get to decide on what they want for there runs. And most PO's who experienced theses as Transport PO.

As a PO main myself, I have come to appreciate the actual bonus the sentries actually give when it comes to evac and if not for them, a few evacs would have been cut short and allowed the marines to get just enought time to load one more marine in.-you also have no idea how the xenos love to try to destroy them instead of getting INSIDE the ship like they easyly could. It's like a damn light in the middle of the night that will in the end fry the xeno- One more marine who then was crucial in the defense of the Almayer AND thus win the round as marines.
    Other rounds, I've seen the M56D being used marvelously by marines who managed to actual repel major push and get some of the big guys attacking.

Personatly, I think that kind of behavior is unacceptable, rude and selfish -and some admins actually do agree on that- and while it does NOT apparently constitute a rule break. It does create however an option to prevent that kind of behavior in the futur.
    PO's should be allowed to equip there dropship the way they see fit. And ONLY once the drops are made should the REQ be emptied for the benefit of the CAS. Not before. ESPECIALLY NOT when the Transport PO also try to print his stuff.
    This is exactly why we need a chief pilot role, that can actually order against this. If they refuse, it's an MP (IC) issue. That means that this behaviour can be countered. The problem is, if you have 2 POs and DCCs nobody is actually in charge. So there's no strategy when there's two dropships. Transport and CAS don't need to talk whatsoever, or coordinate what they're both buying. Maybe the strategy that round should be a transport with a GAU etc. We shouldn't need to try to be the first one to yell 'IM CAS', and we could start to see transport and CAS having more niche specializations and flexibility in how they're used, which they should.

There's tons of use cases for this role, from teaching new pilots (doing ridealongs), to covering for pilots if they go SSD/etc/etc, I could probably write 20 use cases for this role.
    Last edited by senen182; 02-19-2022 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So there's no strategy when there's two dropships. Transport and CAS don't need to talk whatsoever, or coordinate what they're both buying. Maybe the strategy that round should be a transport with a GAU etc. We shouldn't need to try to be the first one to yell 'IM CAS', and we could start to see transport and CAS having more niche specializations and flexibility in how they're used, which they should.

There's tons of use cases for this role, from teaching new pilots (doing ridealongs), to covering for pilots if they go SSD/etc/etc, I could probably write 20 use cases for this role. So fuck it I'm going to because I'm a PO main and your post is exactly what i've been thinking:

1. Ordering refits, if there is fuck all JTAC in the round or it's low POP, CAS is sitting there decked out with like 20 missiles pre-printed. Nobody is lazing, there is no sentry flares. Firstly the Chief Pilot could in theory be able to limit points (or order against this tbh), the Chief Pilot could say actually CAS re-fit for sentry deployment because if there is no JTAC support we should be deploying support aiding devices.

2. Quality Control. In any actual military op if we noticed the dude doing CAS can't do shit they can ridealong and show them the ropes (like the CMO does in the medbay!), to be a great pilot you basically need to hope there is someone kind who won't scream at you for one of the many easy mistakes to make when you're learning the PO role, and might actually teach you some of the tips/tricks.

3. Briefings, what flight crew doesn't have a pre-flight briefing? Strategy/Fit-Out/Some Tips/Chief Pilot should also attend the main briefing so he knows what the fucking drop time is so we don't need to keep spamming CIC.

4. Make the pilots office in the central hangar actually useful just by creating this role, monitoring both dropships at the same time is vital, what ammo does CAS have? do we need to order the DCCs to prep some for his arrival? The LZ looks like it's going to get pretty hot, do we need sentries on transport more than napalms right now?

5. No requirement for the role to look different (although this would be cool, I think a beret is probably fine), it's just necessary to havesomeone in charge of what is sometimes a 4-5 person department (exactly like medical!)

6. Great Chief Pilots skill will be evident in how they manage their dropship strategy, from providing advice to CAS to making sure that transport can suddenly turn awesome when it needs to be. Timely fitting and coordinating the right ammunition to fit with - x5 more enjoyable.

7. Honestly? Fucking recognition, epic CAS pilots get showered with cum and love but epic Transport pilots are largely ignored and If you play transport well you can kill Xenos and save marines. Likewise, CAS can make the smallest mistake and an XO can straight up execute them, when does an XO talk directly with a pilot? They can go through the Chief Pilot or [insert cool flight related title here] POs are 2nd lieutenants, you can make make it a 1st LT like similar roles.

8. Literally telling the DCCs what to do, they wander around - some are wannabe pilots that are trying to learn the role in a no pressure environment (because nobody will teach you anything unless there's a PO Main on). But others are wandering around feeling useless because they don't have any orders to follow. Which means by creating a Chief Pilot role you will immediately make the DCC role more relevant and fun (without adding pressure or taking any value away)

9. Creativity. Weird and cool DS strategies can make a difference, suddenly making the transport DS more vital, or having CAS deploy an ECHO squad on a transport run before alternating back to combat. This would mean they can take advantage of the flight crews with more re-fits, giving DCCs more to do and turning the hangar into a place with optional activity that can help the war effort. All without adding pressure or changing the PO/DCC roles at all.

10. Useful member in the REQ<>Command<>FOB love triangle, holding a cycle because supplies are almost ready, optimizing the movement of cargo through their flight crews. Etc

Ok, I got to 10 - I might play a few more rounds and write down more ideas
    Last edited by senen182; 02-19-2022 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One simple solution would be to replace the current sentry with the Engineer Sentry, allowing them to pick and choose from the various options and even upgrade them as needed. Lord knows I've played enough rounds where a flamer sentry on the DS would have been welcome.