1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ttly - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Ttly

Marine Name
    Stasiek Laker, recently Lorde Briggs which is a name I get by random name.

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Ik-ar Ma'pa

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No, not within the last 31 days on this server.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes.

Yautja Character Story
    "Dine up, the stew's done." says the cook of the ship, a yautja of lower caste; ones that doesn't have the privilege of hunting amongst their "betters" as he puts the bowl of stew into the table.

"Bah, the stews you make; surely there's something that can be done about the taste!" complains Ik-ar after he tastes the first spoonful off the bowl of red water with chunks of meat floating in it.

"Complaining on the dining hall? And to insult my cooking too! Had I been born a hunter I oughta take you on!" bellows the cook as he shakes his fist.

"Bwahahaha! Well, had it not been for you I suppose I wouldn't be eating at all. Still, this stew in particular is too salty indeed." says the young blood as he laughs at the gesture of the lowly serf aboard the ship.

"Well! The things you can do with the flesh of an ma-na'ka is nowhere as what you can do with those of the i'lati. So how about you stop complaining and eat up?" says the cook.

"Pah, fine. Can't go on with an empty stomach anyway." Says the young blood slurps up the stew regardless of the taste.
    "Anyway, I heard from the elders that the next hunt will involve the r'ka rather than some elusive wildlife. I suppose I could bring you the meat of the creatures that will be host for them."

"Ah, the young blood to partake in a glorious hunt aren't we? How about a second helping then?"

"And what would you know about glory? You spend your life on the kitchen, butchering the flesh of our preys to throw into the stew, and butchering my tongue with your seasoning! And no thanks, 'tis enough stew for me."

"Surely, the wounds that you hunters leave on these creatures. Each tells a story of their own." states the cook.

"A wound's a wound! You've yet to witness the forms of which the elders take in combat, a thing of beauty I tell you, you know nothing." replied the young blood.

"And what about the stew? Surely you wouldn't have ate the whole thing had you truly hated it." the cook asks.

"I told you! It is simply too salty! What did you cook this in? Sea water? Besides, it would be a waste to not eat it, to squander the craft of our "glorious" dinemaster surely. And it does have an unique taste." as the young blood wipes off his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Ah, to be born privileged. Well the dining hall's closing, so how about you head towards your bunk young blood? Perhaps you'll tell me more of your stories next time." says the cook as he starts cleaning up on the dining hall, starting with the bowl of stew the young hunter has finished eating.

"Shut it cook, how about you do something about the stew's taste next time?!" the young hunter shouts out as he walks towards the exit of the dining hall.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    He would belittle those who he sees as lower, however this doesn't mean outright hostility; merely the fact that they're lesser.
    Should they impress him either through feats worthy of praise among the hunters (of which can be quite vague on some regards) then perhaps he would regard them as at very least equal.

As for playing the role, I intent to put an emphasis on misguidance, guiding preys into elaborate traps such as those involving doors, signalers, and so on. To make whoever falls for them to think "Okay, I should have seen that one coming." as such role can be interesting for both sides.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is an 1v1 melee only and is meant to have more RP implications than a hunt with less emphasis on "just" defeating the other player, but also to make it interesting by adding drama.
    However, 1v1ing with the apparent similar limitations as a duel isn't necessary a duel and can be a hunt where said limitations can change dynamically such as suddenly turning into 1v2 and so on.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I would see them as equals and merely that, equals.

Unless they are those of higher title than him, or were to prove that they are better then they wouldn't warrant any special treatment.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Because I believe that to make rounds more interesting, it would take interactivity.

A type of interactivity that anyone can participate in, one where a bad or good player can take in and enjoy through as it happens in the round.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a recent note for bug abuse within 30 days

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware of that, and if I remember it was just messing around with tac bino laze on briefing shipside and not on planetside, I was even noted pre-drop to not do it planetside and complied.

Also, I thought the question on that part is for a ban, not notes or the likes.
    Last edited by Ttly; 02-15-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes and bans both come into applications for whitelists. As were not about to hand the power of a whitelist role to someone who cant even follow basic server rules. Thats neither here nor there though, Frankly the app is lackluster at best. Your entire story is just a conversation between your pred and a chef pred. All i can hazard a guess at is that your pred likes to eat? Eitherway im gonna go with -1 sorry friendo. Have some good behaviour for the next month and work on the story abit more, make it more than just a conversation between two preds, and try again later
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a recent note on the abuse of a bug in the last 30 days. We're taking a much heavier stance on negative notes within a 30 day period of an application being submitted. Your story and Yautja are terrible. You tell me absolutely nothing about your character other than he has a thing for food and he got in to argument with a chef.

I am going to see it that there is a giant header at the top of this forum that is spelled in bold

"USE YOUR BRAIN JUICES! BE CREATIVE!"

Wait another month to apply. Go without any negative notes and or bans in that period. Go back to the drawing board and we do your character. Read up on the Yautja in the EU (Extended Universe), but most importantly use your brain juices!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its an interesting idea and could fit well into a larger story but on its own, just not enough.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignoring the bug abuse note. The story really didn't interest me at all, it was a conversation, alot of speech isn't an issue if it is engaging and interesting, which unfortunately this was not.

I am curious to see if the intended play style with the elaborate traps would be possible. But it does not redeem the poor story and recent note history.

Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even going off the note just the story, in general, is about two paragraphs worth at most. I know you personally in-game and believe the idea is something that could be done well, but don't think you put this together well enough. -1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recent note regarding bug abuse results in this being denied.