Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback thread for XENO ENDURANCE GAUNTLET Event

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Feedback thread for XENO ENDURANCE GAUNTLET Event

Alright boys,

Post your feedback, please CONSTRUTIVE FEEDBACK or i will delete your post.

No shit like, "event bad, Tmin bad, it fucking sucked."
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was fine, imo
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epitome of Meh. Meh meaning satisfactory in an underwhelming manner. It was alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of respawns for the xeno side devalued it entirely. Doesn't feel satisfactory to do well after u got adminbused through it with mid-round spawns.

Would be better overall of it was closer to true WO - spawning PFCs with preset loadouts near hydro and telling them to do suicidal charges. Sure xenos would lose, but I imagine it'd be significantly more fun - this felt too much like a normal round with abundant respawns. Probably ain't too bad of an idea to run once in a while to ensure maximum carnage for longer than the initial few engagement minutes, with a proper 1:30-2h roundtime cut off point where it just ends in a "draw". Needs to be done on lower pop though to avoid 180+ lag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ME USE NADE ME CLAP XENO ME HAPPY
    10/10 event GL fun

In all seriousness event was fun for marines, liked the support marines got and the fob rush was very intresting only issue was lag. Mostly from the amount of stuff lying around. Also please make sure next time to give xenos a bit of help dunno if they got any that event but it was a long drawed out mosh pit. FOB rush probably sped the round up and tipped the scales. Oh and also make sure to send ert who can use vendors
    Last edited by EOD-501; 10-13-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    Drake Manwell the Trying Marine

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EOD-501 View Post
    Oh and also make sure to send ert who can use vendors
    I blame devs.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDarkness View Post
    The amount of respawns for the xeno side devalued it entirely. Doesn't feel satisfactory to do well after u got adminbused through it with mid-round spawns.

Would be better overall of it was closer to true WO - spawning PFCs with preset loadouts near hydro and telling them to do suicidal charges. Sure xenos would lose, but I imagine it'd be significantly more fun - this felt too much like a normal round with abundant respawns. Probably ain't too bad of an idea to run once in a while to ensure maximum carnage for longer than the initial few engagement minutes, with a proper 1:30-2h roundtime cut off point where it just ends in a "draw". Needs to be done on lower pop though to avoid 180+ lag.
    There is no way to mass spawn people without shit breaking, I needed to keep things simple in order to pay attention to other things, Xenos weren't constantly spawned. They were rewarded some Tier 2-3 spawns if they met certain criterias, Maintain Xeno numbers for x amount of time, Get a number of casualities in y minutes, the queen had the criteria of what caste would be spawned in order to maintain things interesting, spawning tier 1s as reward would not be beneficial to xenos, however spawning 10 T2 would break the balance, i tried to maintain a 3 to 1 Marine to xeno rate to keep things balanced and at certain point i capped the marines respawn because xenos started to struggle. I legit wanted to create a dynamic non-boring atriction war and i belive it worked, regarding to round time, yeah i agree. the reason why i allowed queen to strike the FOB was because of massive lag starting to build up. I totally belived that Xenos could win if lag wasn't building up. They were really close to drain marines reinforcements and they had like 28 xenos remaining.

Was really fun.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "event" lol. I died early in the round and all I can say is that as a xeno its the epitomy of just frustrating. Fighting WO is just not fun as xeno. It blows. They take like 20 scratches you spawned like 10 of them and they cover each other with SGs. The WOs were not made to be used in an actual round. They usually get spawned at round end just to have some fun while the round gets extended ect. They're supposed to be obscenely OP and rare but if you just haphazardly spawn 12 of them it just ruins whatever semblance of balance in the round completely in the marines favor. Like synths have all these rules cant be aggressive cant use guns ect for exactly this reason.
    Last edited by ObsidianCrow; 10-23-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shit was wacky even if unbalanced, very fun and allowed some intresting rp.
    doctor sex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like marines should have gotten more, less powerful, ERTs instead of sending in WO squads seeing how they are near unkillable without T3s bodyblocking them in a corner.

or maybe instead of spawning in ERTs you can call in cryoines every 20~ minutes and after the hour mark start spawning in cryoines + a few spec cryoines?