User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback thread for XENO ENDURANCE GAUNTLET Event

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Tristan View Post
    I feel like marines should have gotten more, less powerful, ERTs instead of sending in WO squads seeing how they are near unkillable without T3s bodyblocking them in a corner.

or maybe instead of spawning in ERTs you can call in cryoines every 20~ minutes and after the hour mark start spawning in cryoines + a few spec cryoines?
    I did that for the first WO. And i was later notified that WO are fucking combat synths now. I won't be using them any time soon as it dosen't fit on my event themes.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    "event" lol. I died early in the round and all I can say is that as a xeno its the epitomy of just frustrating. Fighting WO is just not fun as xeno. It blows. They take like 20 scratches you spawned like 10 of them and they cover each other with SGs. The WOs were not made to be used in an actual round. They usually get spawned at round end just to have some fun while the round gets extended ect. They're supposed to be obscenely OP and rare but if you just haphazardly spawn 12 of them it just ruins whatever semblance of balance in the round completely in the marines favor. Like synths have all these rules cant be aggressive cant use guns ect for exactly this reason.
    You probally didn't played the first one, the first one i ran only with marine reinforcements, i made lore for it. and there was even two commanding officers from different ships.

This one i meant do something different like different responders, i just wasn't aware that WO were combat synths now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Death squad are very VERY buff, the problem with sending buff ERTs is that even if their players are bad, when they die robust Marines will take their shit and powergame with it. This was VERY apparent in both this event and a lot of previous ones like the tank event. Tldr, giga robust ERTs can upset balance a lot. Be careful when using them.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    Death squad are very VERY buff, the problem with sending buff ERTs is that even if their players are bad, when they die robust Marines will take their shit and powergame with it. This was VERY apparent in both this event and a lot of previous ones like the tank event. Tldr, giga robust ERTs can upset balance a lot. Be careful when using them.
    Noted

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    Noted
    i dont know if you did this or not but if you can maybe run the event on lower pops. I think people that just get on during the weekend are just looking for the vanilla high pop CM experience more than like people at night. Like if my one of many low pop games was an event like this it would be fine but i think people expect different from high pop. just kind of a feeling i have but maybe just run the event on low pop and see how it goes then do it on high pop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a WO synth during the second test and uhhh be aware once we got onto the ground we don’t get announcements and some OOCs. people kept asking why we didn’t go back over and over once we got gibbed and into dchat so uhhh maybe test to see what OOCs the WO synths get
    The laziest Bravo medic main that used to only use a flamer.
    LCPL George ‘swamp’ Grills [Bravo (Med)] says, "What a libtard lmao”
    Now I main Alpha ahhhhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think making the erts pre determend will be a good idea since going from freelancers to wo to ducths dozen does not make much sense or maybe something like tecwebs where marines get points and choose what they want not just erts but more ammo and stuff too

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfielf279 View Post
    I think making the erts pre determend will be a good idea since going from freelancers to wo to ducths dozen does not make much sense or maybe something like tecwebs where marines get points and choose what they want not just erts but more ammo and stuff too
    It was pre-defined. If you looked into the Lesser-Announcements. IT was intentional to have multiple responders and i said clearly that this event wouldn't have any lore.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    i dont know if you did this or not but if you can maybe run the event on lower pops. I think people that just get on during the weekend are just looking for the vanilla high pop CM experience more than like people at night. Like if my one of many low pop games was an event like this it would be fine but i think people expect different from high pop. just kind of a feeling i have but maybe just run the event on low pop and see how it goes then do it on high pop
    Problem is, when it's low pop, it's night for me as well, i am NOT going to sacrifice my night of sleep to hold a event. considering i am staff only on the weekends because i work during the week.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun ebent murdered a bunch of xenos with DS gear they made great loot boxes, good event maybe limit DS gear to DS alone?
    Drake Manwell the Trying Marine