Rex Lombardi
    Their BYOND Key
    podrickequus
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10/13/2021 3:20 PST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    It was end of round, I was on the dropship with a drone that was not attacking us. The intent, of course, was to take it up to the ship to attempt to capture it. A random marine walks in with a shotgun and starts PBing.

We attempted several times to disarm the marine and stop him from killing the Drone, but he didn't let up. He killed the drone (After shooting several marines in the process), so I shot and disabled him.

I then get a DM asking "What do you think you're doing" or something to that effect immediately afterwards from "podrickequus". I explain the case, and I'm banned for EORG 5 seconds later, without any further conversation. I tried to go to the man and explain to him the problem and how he wasn't looking at the situation from an RP point of view, but my conversation with him, it seemed he was far more interested in getting off 'bans' then actual looking at a situation from both parties and forming a solvable solution.

There was a good amount of RP created from the incident, even if it was the end of the round- And the death of the enemy faction member was unneeded and light RP.
    Evidence
    I don't have screenshots or logs because I was banned and had to reconnect, therefore I lost them all, however, I got permission from Warfan to make a staff report on this issue as well as the actual man himself telling me to make a staff report.

https://puu.sh/Ii7PK/85f419ae79.png
    How you would punish the accused
    No real strong punishment given, really. I think an appropriate course of action would be sitting down and talking to this administrator about proper escalation of an issue and investigation, as well as discussion on what counts as proper IC RP and what is considered OOC RP. (Aka, what should be dealt with by staff vs an MP.)

I don't personally believe in bans and punishments, as it usually just makes people bitter. But a good talking to and a better understanding from the admin would go a long ways. I wouldn't usually make a report over something like a 180 minute ban, but being this my first ban/note in several years that I've been on the server with no issues what-so-ever beforehand, and the fact that I don't want anyone else to end up banned for such a silly incident as well, I'd like this properly investigated.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Logs

Involved: Killinkyle in red, IDK1222222 in blue, Podrick Equus in green

Information Censored: IPs, CIDs, Ckey of the Drone that was killed and it's not relevant for this report.

Attack Logs and conversation:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have reviewed this situation and have found several concerning anomalies.

We attempted several times to disarm the marine and stop him from killing the Drone, but he didn't let up. He killed the drone (After shooting several marines in the process), so I shot and disabled him.
    The attack logs posted by Hunk1 do not indicate anything more than a single disarm.

There was a good amount of RP created from the incident, even if it was the end of the round- And the death of the enemy faction member was unneeded and light RP.
    There are three lines said by you the entire round that I was able to find.

Please explain the above anomalies, as your story significantly differs from the one told by the server logs. Thank you.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    I have reviewed this situation and have found several concerning anomalies.

The attack logs posted by Hunk1 do not indicate anything more than a single disarm.

There are three lines said by you the entire round that I was able to find.

Please explain the above anomalies, as your story significantly differs from the one told by the server logs. Thank you.

Of course. I attempted several times to disarm him, but as should be easy to tell from any conversations I have, I'm very poor at clicking my target- And as so, my disarm intents are less-then-satisfactory.

However, upon reviewing my own logs and your words, it's clear I only got one disarm off. I can admit fault in that place.

====

To add to this, most of the round was un-eventful. I spent a majority of my time holding the FOB at the machinegun, and the only time I could finally RP was when the round ended and the drone in question entered the FOB without attacking anyone, at which point I moved towards a more relaxed attitude in a hopeful attempt to spark RP.

Instead, it was met with someone rushing into the DS, PBing the drone despite the attempt to stop them, in which case I fired my weapon to disable the target.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The logs indicate that an acceptable investigation was done. If it was not at the end of the round, your actions would have constituted Improper Escalation or Grief, and since it was after the round, End of Round Grief was appropriate.

Resolved - No action taken, the situation was minimally, but acceptably investigated as per EORG standards and an EORG ban was warranted.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???