User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A SERIOUS discussion about lurkers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really dont think you have enough time of recent play on the server to make a judgement call on lurkers TBH. Sounds harsh but literally the only lurker who makes any difference a round is like boo and maybe XSV. Warriors are the chad T2 right now and they got a punch nerf(which is good) and i think that they are in a good place too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurker needs a nerf, I don’t play with macros as xenos outside the default ones, and I can still average 10+ marine kills per life as a lurker. It’s literally pounce, slash slash delay cancel with the empowered slash, slash again and leave. I don’t understand how you’re supposed to think lurker is a difficult or skillful caste when it’s the epitome of a brain dead moba jungler. You get an AA cancel steroid, invisibility movement speed buff, and a screen wide leap that is up every 6 seconds. There is no counter to a lurker who uses their brain. I’ve played lurker, I’ve fought them as a survivor, as a marine, and as both a survivor synth and Almayer synth. It is not a hard caste, it’s incredibly forgiving. Also the muh small few skilled players pls no nerf argument doesn’t work, MOU was nerfed hard because Cass used it too well. However, unlike with the MOU that requires some thinking to use and chain together your shots along with reloads, lurker is press 3 buttons and kill entire groups of marines. I’ve killed groups of marines as lurker, and if you’re reading this you probably have too. One caste shouldn’t be able to do everything but weed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everytime i see people salting about lurkers in this game it's when 2 lurkers and a drone wipe out the entire 5 marines+ engie left behind to defend the FOB. Stop ungaballing immediately and you might actually have a backline to defend and thus, won't get constantly fucked by lurkers.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurker is a fun case study in the game's ssethificaiton loop. Pre-MOBA lurker could fight multiple marines, provided you had the raw mechanical skill. But then the devs listened to sseths and reworked the lurker so that it is limited to fighting a single marine on the ambush and still gives marine plenty of chance to fight back\escape. Now people are saying that being able to MAYBE kill a single marine you've AMBUSHED and if you don't, maybe break some bones, makes a T2 caste too strong. Probably the next cycle of demands would be "remove ability to slash marines, that's too strong for a T2, only T3s should be able to slash marines(once, and then die from a single shot)".

The total impact of lurkers on rounds is pretty minimal. They only shine when marines do something unbelievably stupid, like Alpha ignoring orders and going to engineering to get ambushed and die. A lurker kills a marine, that marine gets recovered in 30 seconds, then he's back in like 2 minutes. That's also the reason why lurker only gets buffs: because it's the worst combat T2 by a large margin. Lurker originally had 45 slash in MOBA, it was designed to crit marines in one pounce. Then it was lowered to 40. Then to 35. All of the above mentioned buffs are not much of a compensation for that nerf, even within the new design.

As for lurker being almost invulnerable if he plays it's safe. Yes, that's true, but it's compensated by the above mentioned terrible reward ratio. Low risk, low reward caste. Ideally I'd want them to have less escape potential, so marines could shut them down more easily, but they also need to be better rewarded for that risk.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the classic why you lone works here but, the only real "nerf" i'd like to see on lurkers is simply uncloaking them on pounce so if they miss they are more opened to be punished, lowering them to warrior speed is comically overdone, they are simply not that strong when you can look towards stuff like base rav being able to 1 shot groups of marines with resetting charges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People stop lying to your self's, lurker has been overtuned for ages, It's way too safe to play now, literally no risk involved unless you pounce and go off and make a cup of tea, just readded the self root when you pounce so dumbasses actually get punished for doing dumb things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurker isn't broken its just the way thats its designed leads to the people who sweat it being the most annoying fucks ever.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIgboyyo View Post
    Lurker isn't broken its just the way thats its designed leads to the people who sweat it being the most annoying fucks ever.
    literally my point, it could be super underpowered but those who are insanely sweat and robust will still kill whole squads because they won't stop playing it regardless of balance changes.

reality is that the reason you don't see burrowers killing the entire marine force all the fucking time is because robustos don't play them, robust players make any combat caste good almost invariably even with their faults.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    literally my point, it could be super underpowered but those who are insanely sweat and robust will still kill whole squads because they won't stop playing it regardless of balance changes.

reality is that the reason you don't see burrowers killing the entire marine force all the fucking time is because robustos don't play them, robust players make any combat caste good almost invariably even with their faults.
    You ever seen POW?
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My take on this is abit complicated but... IT's the reason why I love playing warrior.
    It's insanely busted once you know what you're doing
    on one hand I will regardless of update. figure a way to make my favourite caste work just so I can keep playing it. on the other that's also the same with literally every players in CM. they will make their favourite things work because they like it