Byond ID?
    shad0vvs

CM Character?
    Hope Molina

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    5-10

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    SS13 TG SIBYL ~ 2011ish Trial mod

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    TG Sibyl (like 10 years ago)

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    N/A

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Check notes, if nothing stands out then,
    IC issue and already handled IC.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Forward them to the council/player report forum section as that's not handled by mods.

Talk with the player to try and help understand what part of the honor code they allegedly broke incase it's a misunderstanding of it, and give them the pred's ckey for said report.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Attempt to subtle PM the SEA of their location and need of help, otherwise try and assist them myself via spawning in as a SEA if no other player is available.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Alert the player we generally do not forward ahelps to other staff, and that they would be free to make a staff report if they wish.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check notes,
    Alert the player they must change their name to something not generic/'everyman' as per rule 9. Offer to change their name to something they wish for them.
    Note them if necessary or if player shows resistance to prevent future occurrence.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Check notes,
    If they have past frontlining notes be on the lookout for that attempt, but otherwise:
    IC issue, an MP should handle it if they spot them and they wish to.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Investigate both sides of the story and confirm combat log and notes.
    Inform the survivor that they are not currently allowed to be hostile to marines, and to note/warn/ban if necessary depending on past notes.
    Heal the marine if necessary and if no medic is nearby.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Investigate, get both sides of the story, alert the MP that this would fall under theft and is not a permanent confinement reason. Alert him to re-read marine law and to attempt to follow it better, note him if necessary and possibly alert the cMP or someone higher to get the marine released and to educate the MP as well.
    (just so it's more IC and not just me ordering him OOCly to release him if possible)
    (Hopefully possible)
    Note the player and jobban the MP if necessary depending on the notes.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Perhaps QM message if an evac has already happened and imply they should play defensively once they crash to get enough larva to spawn and counterattack.
    Perhaps send a message from HQ (unknown if I can do this) to alert the marines they must clear the planet before some VIP's come to vacation.
    Perhaps nothing.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Adminhelp it, ask for a mod from discord if nobody's on.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    IC issue. Tell the player the round continues going on even after it ends.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Check player notes, confirm via combat logs. Ask the player why they stole items and to knock it off if necessary depending on past notes/reasoning and to give back items stolen. Perhaps note them if they did not have good reasoning or were hesitant to give back stolen items. Alert them how this can be percieved as low roleplay and possibly even griefing if they stole something of importance like the spec weapon.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Check player notes, confirm via combat logs.
    Alert the marine to follow proper escalation and inform him depending on if he was wearing armor that he took no damage, just stamina damage, and that he overrecated when killing the player per escalation rules.
    Note/temp the player depending on notes.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Preform a MOOC to alert the marines that they cannot munity without a staff member's allowance. If they ignore/are too busy to see the message, sleep and inform them via admin pm's, and hopefully it ends from there.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    View logs and confirm and talk to them/note if necessary.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Note and tempban marine and aheal all the killed/damaged marines.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Check notes,
    Alert the larva that they are not allowed to leave the nest as a larva for that very reason and its unfair to others to do this and show them the ruling stating this.
    Add note/escalation depending on current related notes.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Check notes,
    Note xeno for LRP and alert them that netspeak isnt allowed. Alert them that they cannot disobey or disrespect the queen as well.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Alert the player via ahelp that all words, dropship, SADAR, etc translate to things the xeno's would relate it to, as it's not a real language, it is a hivemind, and that xeno's have knowledge of the marine's capabilities via that hivemind as well form past experiences. Therefore this type of speech is allowed.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Check notes,
    Remind player that they aren't necessarily fighting xenos and that they do not know of the threat, they only received a distress signal. Confirm the understanding going forward with an note.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If possible check if he was truthful in saying it was the last pod available, ask the 2 witnesses if needed. Confirm xenos were closing in on the pod, otherwise:
    IC issue.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Ask them to knock it off politely, if they do not cool off fast, alert them that not stopping would force me to tempban them for 3 hours and that they are free to create a staff report regarding the minor issue if they wish.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    IC issue, alert them that doctors can remove it and there's nothing I can do for them. (Also how the hell would they know they got hugged if SSD?

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Alert them of the correct information with a link to the rule/source if possible. Otherwise if its a big issue forward it up if needed.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Give my input/opinion, maybe a related past experience?

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Servers cool and the people are cool, why not?

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Understanding of both sides of a situation, and proper communication.

Anything else you
    I like video games.
    (MY LOGIN TIMED OUT AND I HAD TO REWRITE ALL THIS)

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Check notes, if nothing stands out then,
    IC issue and already handled IC.

This is not necessarily an IC issue. Shooting someone for no reason can be either IE/Grief. You should check with the player who did it to see why, if it was a misfire or something more malicious. Just because mps have worked on the situation does not neccesarily make something an IC issue.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Attempt to subtle PM the SEA of their location and need of help, otherwise try and assist them myself via spawning in as a SEA if no other player is available.

Small note that it's okay to just PM the SEA. Also pming the new player and walking them through the basics is also a good option if you are playing or for whatever reason no player is available.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Alert the player we generally do not forward ahelps to other staff, and that they would be free to make a staff report if they wish.

Remember it is against the rules to argue with staff in a hostile way. If they persist doing it giving a 3 hour ban is certainly an option.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Investigate, get both sides of the story, alert the MP that this would fall under theft and is not a permanent confinement reason. Alert him to re-read marine law and to attempt to follow it better, note him if necessary and possibly alert the cMP or someone higher to get the marine released and to educate the MP as well.
    (just so it's more IC and not just me ordering him OOCly to release him if possible)
    (Hopefully possible)
    Note the player and jobban the MP if necessary depending on the notes.

Players often lie or are incorrect when they say they have been locked up. I have received almost exactly that ahelp of I have been locked up for 50 minutes. BUt hten on investigation the player repeatedly DASOed the MPs in confinment so they kept raising his senstence. Otherwise if this really is malicious a JB may be needed.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Perhaps QM message if an evac has already happened and imply they should play defensively once they crash to get enough larva to spawn and counterattack.
    Perhaps send a message from HQ (unknown if I can do this) to alert the marines they must clear the planet before some VIP's come to vacation.
    Perhaps nothing.

For a mod nothing is often the best answer. You have the option of ARES or faxes to inform the marines of things, but they should be used sparingly.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Adminhelp it, ask for a mod from discord if nobody's on.

Good answer. Don't take tickets you are involved in.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Note and tempban marine and aheal all the killed/damaged marines.

This would generally be a monthban at least. It's a very serious thing.

Overall really good answers. You have been playing for a long time with no notes outside of EORG. I would defintely give this app a +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there!

Really solid app!
    The summary and notes from Schalkguy cover any issues really well, and I feel like most of those are things that you would learn during Mod training.

+1

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good application, any minor issues is things that we resolve in training.

Everything seems okay to me, an easy +1
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Longtime SS13 player,
    Deep knowledge of mod tools,
    Makes efforts to help, not just punish, players,
    Character seems cool,

+1 from me!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to echo besides solid app and the slight issues can be fixed with training so you have my +1
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry for the delay in resolving this, I was checking over some bits and pieces.

There were some concerns over some behaviour regarding shotguns/disarms but I don't see anything worth denying the app over. The answers are pretty solid, my main critique being that:
    Perhaps nothing.
    These messages sound like they'd make the round stagnate more or not solve the issue in question, but it's nothing major.

I'd be more than happy to hire you on as a Trial Moderator. Please reach out to me on the Colonial Marines discord and I will get you all set up. Welcome to the team!
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)