User Tag List

Thread: Xeno SEAs (Open to suggestions and/or criticism)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xeno SEAs (Open to suggestions and/or criticism)

So marines have SEA, who has access to everything, right?

Well, xenos don't have that.

HERE are the objectives:

1: The X-SEA must be able to have alone, relatively un-interrupted time with the new player

2: The player MUST be able to switch between castes relatively easily / fast to see what each caste does without having to wait 20 years.

3: The player MUST be able to not only SEE the effects of caste abilities, but FEEL how it changes/affects the battlefield in a non-consequential way to the current round.

Obviously, there are multiple ideas floating around.

Here's 2 that I currently have:

1: Royal hive / Royal Knight
    Spoiler Spoiler:

2: Dreamer Caste
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't know about all of you, but I personally prefer the "Royal Hive".

Remember:

Relatively un-interrupted alone time
    Can switch between castes fast
    Can SEE and FEEL their abilities taking place.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a "holographic" Xenomorph (sent by QM, an illusion or w/e) which senior mentors can take as a role. Can ONLY be used specifically for teaching and must leave once the teaching has been done.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Having a "holographic" Xenomorph (sent by QM, an illusion or w/e) which senior mentors can take as a role. Can ONLY be used specifically for teaching and must leave once the teaching has been done.
    Yes, but here's the thing:

The xenomorphs aren't typically fighting OTHER xenomorphs. They're usually fighting marines.

If it was a xenomorph, they wouldn't have the same feel / effect as if it was a marine / human.

Examples being:
    Ravager empower
    Sentinel's neuro-spit
    Lurker's pounce, at least on T2's / T3's

If it was a "holographic" or "Psionic projection" of a human, that could speak xeno, that'd be cool
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizolo View Post
    Yes, but here's the thing:

The xenomorphs aren't typically fighting OTHER xenomorphs. They're usually fighting marines.

If it was a xenomorph, they wouldn't have the same feel / effect as if it was a marine / human.

Examples being:
    Ravager empower
    Sentinel's neuro-spit
    Lurker's pounce, at least on T2's / T3's

If it was a "holographic" or "Psionic projection" of a human, that could speak xeno, that'd be cool
    Xenomorphs are much simpler, they don't really need someone to specifically use abilities on, they require assistance with stuff like, knowing how to Ovi, how to set leaders, what structure patterns are best, ect. Overall, it'd be better if the Queen had something akin to an XO, to help share the leadership incase the actual queen is a little new.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dreamer from lifeweb holy shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the dreamer idea a lot, I think people only tend to pay attention to stuff that impedes the flow of the round (queen oving, structures, that kind of thing) but are blind to the actual skill issues that plague new xeno players. Stuff like defenders using fortify, runners standing next to marines and getting PB'd, drones making door spam, etc. Most people learn the hard way by dying repeatedly or getting shouted at by angry xenos, but there is a better way. Having an IC mentor role for xenos actually offering to help people would be much better than expecting people to ahelp and seek out a mentor because most people don't like asking for help.

I mean xenos can be pretty toxic to new players which is pretty sad, anything that helps with that is good in my book.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos are inanely toxic to bald xenos, I still remember the round where a xeno lied to staff to get mind swapped with an XX queen because they were going to lose and the XX dude didn’t get to play for the rest of the round lmao.