Heinrich Hemorrhoid

Marine Name
    Heinrich 'ROID' Muller

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Heinrich

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Heinrich is a nice, polite, Everyday Synth who likes to help Marines in any way he can and calls them "Homies" sometimes for some weird reason. His Favorite hobbies include: Friendly impromptu boxing matches (He is rather proud of his 293-1-1 Record), Performing Surgery (especially the work he did on [REDACTED] involving [REDACTED]), and quoting Great Philosophers of History (The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance. -Herodotus. Medic: "Uh... cool, can get the IA now or what?)

Heinrich loves to give compliments to Marines who show outstanding talent and initiative (Excellent Work on the cades, Engineer. Your records state that you failed High School because you got pregnant from your drug dealer, yet you got your GED and turned your life completely around. Great work as always, you are in inspiration to me, your fellow Marines, and the USMC as a whole!)

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I can't tell you how many rounds I have been in where I have said "Damm, no req. Wish I could help but I am an Engi" "Man, there is no one in med bay right now, to bad I am RO/CT" "This FOB looks terrible and no one filled the sandbags, if only I wasn't a Squad Medic". If I was a Synth, I could have helped in all of these situations.

Also I think that I have started to reach the "Limits" of some roles, and I think it would be nice to try something where I can help out and use my skills more evenly.

Synthetic Character Story
    Uploading Synth File#19738 "Heinnrich"

Opening...

"Heinrich" was transferred from ///eef456//56//(Corrupted Data Detected) to the Almayer by order of High Command to assist USMC assets in subduing CLF Guerillas on the Planet Yondo. Heinrich was integral in the success of the operation, having manned the Requisitions Bay and assisted Engineers in building up the FOB, as well as having performed lifesaving Surgery on twenty-three Marines (The CLF strategy of Groin Shots would have proven Fatal without His help). The crew of the Almayer seem to have taken a liking to him, though his dominant boxing prowess and misunderstandings resulting from his “Homies” comments have caused some minor issues. (There are however some concerning reports involving Heinrich and [EXPUNGED]. Further investigation needed). It remains to be seen whether his initial success will bear out in upcoming operations, though we see little reason for concern besides [EXPUNGED].

Search: File#181938 “Heinrich Surgical Review”

…File Not Found

Search: File#181956 “Incident Report concerning Synthetic “Heinrich” and CLF POW’s”

…File Not Found

Search: File#181979 “Employment records of Synthetic “Heinrich”

FILE LOCKED BY ORDERS OF [REDACTED] PROPER CLEARENCE REQUIRED

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Pretty familiar. I have about 30 Hours of Practical experience (24 Hours as Engineer, but more "Building hours" split between MT, Engi Squad Marine, and building Last Stand holdouts as RO.) I know how to Dissemble cades, fix cades, move cades, Not Install cades backwards (most of the time), fix power, fix machines, build beds, Install flooring, replace Lightbulbs, scrap things for metal, fill and use sandbags, fix the APC, wire cades, upgrade cades, and so on and so forth.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Hmm... how do I put this? I have very few working hours as Command, but I still genuinely feel that I have a good understanding of it. I know how to set, load, and fire the OB (although I have never done it personally), Set Lz, manage Squads through Overwatch, Make Announcements, Come up with a Briefing speech that is at least mildly informative and mildly inspiring (about average quality compared to most I've seen), Manage Crew Transport if there is no available PO, have a working knowledge of maps, ETC.

I understand that this my weakest point, but I feel confident in my abilities to do at least a decent job until Command staff can take over. Also the chances of a round where I am both Synth and there is absolutely no Command will be rather rare.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I would say... VERY FAMILIAR. I have over 174 combined hours in both Medic and Doctor. Also I rather enjoy Surgery.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Oh, my previously favorite Job before Medical. 86 hours in total(60 hours RO, 26 hours CT), and I like to believe that I am more than above average at it.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Heinrich arrives at the Frontline, Defibrillators in hand and bossed out Medkits in the Satchel, ready to help in whatever way He can. While trying to heal someone, a very rude Lurker ambushes him. Heinrich then pulls out his knife and start wacking at the Lurker. The Lurker runs off, Heinrich chooses to move himself and the marine to a safe location instead of pursing the Lurker. At no point does Heinrich Fire a gun, man a MG, or use any anything that isn't his fists or other non-gun weaponry. Heinrich fulfills a Purely Support Role, never attacks first and is only focused on healing Marines and patching up Cades, not combat.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I hope this application is well received. I know that I am not very "Popular" (not hated, just not well known) among the Community, but I hope that I can still contribute to the Game I (Sometimes ) love by being a Synth every once in while.

Also I hope this statement isn't misconstrued, but I am still not Completely sure about the Absolute limits concerning Synth Combat. I understand that I never use guns (directly or indirectly), I cannot do combat activities or participate in Offensive Frontline Combat, and that Synths are a near pure Support role. What I don't understand is if I am prevented from using any offensive weapon (gun or otherwise), like hand-held Bayonets, to defend myself or others (Like the Lurker Scenario I presented earlier). I hope this isn't read as "He is gonna Combat Synth, deny his Application", it is just a minor point that I don't see clarified in any of the Synth Source Material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I'm going to preface by saying next time make sure you use the WL app help channel in discord, because almost every problem in here would've been caught and probably fixed. That said, I'll still take a shot at the most readily apparent stuff, top to bottom.

Quirk- There's a bunch of sub-components there that don't really seem to equal a whole, in my eyes. I think quirk might honestly be the wrong word for what I see in other folk, they have full-on personality and the quirk is sort of a sample of that personality. We've got things like an educator, a salty medic, a gun geek, bartender, etc. Just "nice dude" is usually part of the standard package, not a unique aspect, and boxing would be expressly forbidden by synthetic programming, unless the synthetic lost 100% of the time because you cannot allow by action or inaction harm to come to a human being.

Story- Kind of non-existent. The whole point of the story is to showcase interactions with other crew, especially the quirk/personality combination, and that usually takes about a page+ of written text to do.

Combat scenario- honestly it's been described as a red flag that it's basically a dressed up copy+paste of basic guidelines. Try to reach out and think of things like "can I assist a struggling new pilot with this CAS strike, and how much can I assist with" or "the SLs are screaming for an OB and an accident has rendered the XO (only guy in CIC) unconscious for the next few minutes, what do I do?" This section isn't an IC story, it's your OOC demonstration of understanding the rules and intent behind them.

Just make sure you use that WL app channel in the future and ask questions, rather than having some really common problems get through your edit process into the finished product. Also take a perusal of something like at least 3 or 4 accepted apps.
    Last edited by Katskan; 10-21-2021 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Deleted extra spaces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here I thought I did good. Sad, WITHDRAW PLEASE.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich Hemorrhoid View Post
    And here I thought I did good. Sad, WITHDRAW PLEASE.
    It's okay, for next time make sure to look at accepted applications and ask around for help in #whitelist-app-help on the discord.

As per Katskan - don't be afraid to ask for help.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Being "Nice" (though could have explained further) is a personality, and I didn't just say "He cool and good and nice and boxes" I gave other aspects of how he might interact with crew.
    2. Boxing does no In-game damage, therefor it causes no harm. If I said "His hobby is to play Dangerous knife games with the crew" would you allow it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPnYoTk1ww)? Also I could easily just change it to "He boxes and lets the marines win".
    3. Where does it say that Synths can't harm Humans, it only specifies that they cant hurt USMC Crew or Commanders.
    4. I admit my Combat section was the weakest point, but I felt it would be better to be Blunt than Misconstrued. I actually thought the I wrote it too "OOC" and would be criticized for it. The Question didn't specify how the scenario should be built (Ic vs. OOC, Entire scenario vs just one scene).
    5. "can I assist a struggling new pilot with this CAS strike, and how much can I assist with" I can help him Load the Ship and give him information how to fire his Weapons, however I cannot actually fire the weapon or directly assist in setting up shots for them (No Lazes, No Flares)
    6. the SLs are screaming for an OB and an accident has rendered the XO (only guy in CIC) unconscious for the next few minutes, what do I do? Try to find someone who can fire the OB (since I cant fire it myself), otherwise I will manage the rest of the Command role to the best of my ability.

Despite disagreeing with some of your points, I definitely should have actually read Successful reports before posting and ran it through the Discord. I just winged when I shouldn't have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, the good news is that now the artificial people have seen your name and will know you for next time, and especially if you ask questions and bounce ideas off council like the quirk, and the next shot is better, it helps your app a ton.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001