Byond ID?
    Lunarflu

CM Character?
    Amir Al-shabbah Alomera

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    UST+1

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes; Discord Admin, XRF mod+Dev, SEXO:EROS Admin

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    XRF, SEXO:EROS

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...or-Application (DENIED)

//showthrea...or-Application (WITHDRAWN, was interested in becoming a dev)

//showthrea...er-Application (ACCEPTED)

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Middleground admin; XRF Dev; EROS Admin

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Absolutely!

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I PM both him, the MPs, and any main witnesses to ask about the situation, and check his notes in the meantime. If it was an accident, I give him tips on being more careful (safety, holster weapon, when to use gun in situations like red alert). If it appeared to be grief I verbally warn + note him, escalate depending on his history. I'll aheal just in case there's organ damage or some more annoying injury that could cause the player to be delayed, since that could be annoying - whether it be suiting up, getting stuff from REQ or missing first drop.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    First, I get him to quickly describe what happened, on the offchance that it's something like EORG or LRP or griefing etc, which would be actionable as a mod. I'll remind the ahelper to check the WL rules if it isn't immediately a mod issue, just to verify that he really believes it's an honor code violation. After that, I'll recommend that he makes a player report ASAP and within 48 hours, for the best chance of resolving the issue. Contacting a WL councilor is also a good option, I'll DM one of them through discord if I notice they're online, to help get them in contact with the ahelper.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    PM him rules + quickstart guide, recommend help such as mentors, easy roles to play (standard marine). If an admin is online I’ll get their help to spawn in as a SEA; If not, I'll help however I can, via aghost + messages. Tt’s important to get newcomers off to a strong start - The best way to do this, I've found, is to find something that interests them (explosives, monkey cubes, ridiculously large hambugers) and show them how it works. That can help to lead them in an interesting path right from the get-go.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Rule 0.2, do not argue. I tell him to cut out his behavior and recommend that he files a staff report. He doesn’t get to pick and choose staff members. I prefer to give a chance to calm down if possible, but if he continues after the clear warning, I apply a note and escalate depending on his history.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I thank him for ahelping. John Doe is against Rule 9, names should not be from famous people or from widely known sources. I PM John Doe, explain this, and change it to something more appropriate (asking him if he has any specific preference). I'll check his notes to see if he's new; If he's new and/or been cooperative, I'll add those details when I note him.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'll keep an eye on him in general - As it is right now, it's an IC issue for MPs, but if he tries to deploy then I'll intervene, PM him to tell him he is not allowed to frontline, and note him. If he's doing some RP (like playing around with a marine, taking their armor as a joke or something) then as long as noone gets hurt and it doesn't disrupt the round, it makes sense to leave it to MPs and just keep a mental note of what the player is doing.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Thank him for the ahelp, aheal the marine. Survivors are on the marines’ side, he can RP as being a little crazy or shellshocked, but literally killing a marine is not allowed. I PM the survivor and tell them this, and since it seems like a misunderstanding rather than griefing I'll link the wiki rules + survivor page to the survivor so they can review the guidelines. Note, escalate depending on history.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I thank the ahelper and let them know I'm looking into it. We know for sure it's theft (10 minutes jail, item returned to REQ), the punishments most likely to accompany that would be Trespassing (+7.5 min), Disrespecting a Superior Officer (+10 min)(either to RO or to the arresting MP, we have to check with them), Damage to Government Property (if the marine broke in), Insubordination (if RO tells him directly to stop and he does not), or Major Interference (if he attacks the MP, disarms, shoots etc). None of these merit permanent confinement, however, as they are not Capital Crimes. Given this, I PM the RO and MP to see what Capital Crime the Player committed (most likely Jailbreak/Escape based on my experience). If the Player is at fault, I link him the Marine Law wiki page so he can learn what actions he took counted towards his permanent confinement - If he has a history of disregarding or pretending not to know ML, I note him. If the MP is at fault, I remind him of the proper punishment for the marine in this situation and note, escalate depending on his history.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other
    If 34 players are RPing (memorial etc) or doing tasks (OT etc), let them. Aliens sometimes wait to fill the last T3 spots, which can take up to ~20 minutes in extreme cases. Marines sometimes attend memorials, debriefings, or are ordered not to deploy due to low numbers. If it goes past 30min and I'm the only one online, I'll assess both sides' preparedness. If RP starts to stagnate and players are just sitting around, geared up, waiting, it's around then I would attempt some IC encouragement. For example, QM: "My sisters, with Lurk Team 6 we can hunt the talls aboard their very own vessel. Pick them off one by one, drag them into the darkness, strike fear into their weak, fleshy bodies.". I haven't ever seen a case where it's necessary to OOCly intervene, and I'd only even consider doing that as the ultimate last resort if they literally ignore IC attempts for like an hour.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Conflict of interest, I ahelp the issue instead of dealing with it myself. If no other staff are online, I save the evidence (screenshots, video footage, logs), and present it at a later date. I'm wondering if having each affected player make a testimony would be overkill or ideal to give multiple perspectives on the incident - I'd note down their names at least, could be useful.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    CLF is hostile to marines, EORG mainly applies to FF, explosions etc. I PM him and tell him this, link the EORG wiki page, and give him some tips on how to kill those pesky marine mains (hide in maintenance tunnels and ambush them for maximum effect)

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I thank him for ahelping. Sounds like griefing without a valid roleplay reason, disrupting the round start, depending on the severity may count as Rule 2 – Major shenanigans. I PM the offender and explain to him that while some minor shenanigans are ok, constantly stealing gear, disarming multiple marines, punching multiple marines is not ok and is LRP, it’s not something a marine would do. I note him, and depending on his history I escalate to a ban.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Thank him for ahelp, verify what happened through PMs and logs. Escalation should generally follow melee->dangerous melee->lethal weapons, it's not reasonable to shoot someone who punches you (certainly not till death), neither from an escalation perspective nor from an RP perspective. I tell the shooter this and note/ban depending on history.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Mutiny needs a WHY and a WHO (ahelped). Failing to do so is against the rules, I MOOC that the mutiny is improper and is therefore cancelled due to meeting the WHY and WHO requirements, and asleep the mutineers if they don't listen. Since the leader should know the rules around mutineeing, I note/ban them depending on history, the other mutineers might not understand the full gravity of the situation.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Rule 3. Saying "my nigga, been a while since I saw you, how have you been?" isn't racism, but using nigga in every sentence or continuously toeing the line with edgy or insensitive comments is LRP / against the rules. There's a difference between 9/10 people laughing their asses off at some comedy and 9/10 people tolerating some 4chan humor because they don't want to speak up. I'll PM them and note/ban depending on severity / cooperativeness - if they understand and cut it out, it should be fine.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Rule 4, griefing. Ban + escalate depending on history, aheal all the marines.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Rule 2, Larva. Larva are incompatible with the frontline, AT MOST they can hide and even then they should be running AWAY from the marines, not TOWARDS them. Link him the rule, note/ban depending on history.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Rule 2, Language and Rule 3, profane language (with queen). Meme language is not allowed and is abysmally LRP, and insulting the queen is another rulebreak. I PM and tell him this. Note/ban depending on history.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Rule 2, xeno roleplay standards. Dropship is 100% ok. I tell the ahelper it is not LRP and explain that the hivemind allows terms like “tank”, it is an English translation of their thoughts, it’s not realistic to expect xenos to say, “metallic moving firing loud box with marines”. I check if the ahelper is new (via notes, asking him) in which case I can provide more assistance if needed, linking him the rule page so he can take a more in-depth look at the roleplay guidelines.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Thank him for ahelp. Command don't know xenos are groundside, mentioning it during briefing is metagaming. I PM him and remind him of this, and apply a note. I'll contact a CO council member to notify them about it and to get feedback for dealing with WL situations.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Rule 10, exceptional circumstances, something similar happened to me as well. As long as it has a good RP reason it's allowed. If it had been during briefing and a marine PBed another for taking his seat, that's a different matter...

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I tell him clearly to cut it out, and check his notes. If he calms down, perfect, I PM him to give him some options if he feels I’ve made an error (staff report, manager, talk some more with him etc). If he continues after a verbal warning, I give him at minimum a three hour ban so he can cool down (rule 3, profane RP), and escalate depending on his notes.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    SSD is your responsibility, don't leave the computer to eat pizza while you are frontlining as a doctor. I tell him SSD is his responsibility, he should SSD in a safe place or expect to be dead when he rejoins. Inside FOB is better than outside, and in the likely scenario where TKO breaches FOB to solo cap you, plant a claymore underneath your body as insurance.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    DM them in private and provide the document for correctly handling the ahelp/rule. If it's an understandable error like them saying, "you can't say nigga", it's a confusing topic and it's not necessary to go nuclear on them for it, I'll notify management and we'll sort it out peacefully and resolve the warn/ban. If it's an error like "the reason you can't have the name Big Chungus is because you're a pedo", then I'll just contact management directly, this sort of stuff is not allowed.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I investigate and mention it to other staff to get their input. If it's a valid ban, cool. If not, I'll contact management.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Why would you like to become a moderator?
    CM is fun, I wanna keep it that way and help out however I can.
    Also, I'm making funny radiation sickness and I want to implement more disease-based events (food poisoning, coronavirus, etc, nothing super lethal but it would spice things up)

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Have the right priorities

Anything else you
    ok nanu thanks to geeves my beaker MR got merged, he gets my +1 on his headev app!!!

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virtually all your answers are good, and as such I will be skipping listing every question and just focusing on the few where there seems there is room to add something.

Your answers for the evac pod and CO metagaming were better last time. They are still good answers tho.

You did botch details of the ML question again. Timers don't stack for most charges. DASO is an atypical charge for this situation but can arise. Interference is not charged in your own arrests, just arrests of others. For your own arrests, the charge is Resisting Arrest and incidentally the only charge that would be +10:00 in this case, for all others charges it would just be the longest among them.

In regards to discord, I think you did and do a good job, I am happy with your work there, especially as I also see the behind-the-scenes half of it too.

More or less what I said last time applies this time too, tho the notes are older and there are no new ones.

While you still need more work on ML, the rest of your app makes up for it. I look forward to seeing you as a tmod. +1
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing has changed since the last time you applied.

I gave you a +1 then and that's still the case.

EDIT: I have since realized that I only wanted to +1 it, but never got to last time so my bad, I guess? My point still stands.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 10-25-2021 at 09:20 PM.
    Senior Administrator

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a matter of principle, I can't support this application. A lot of people commented on your last app about how they don't believe you would make a good mod. You have a tendency for 18+ things pointed out by people and you're a mod on an 18+ ERP server? This server is played by young and older people alike, and the gifs you post on the discord do not give me confidence in your character. Your answers aren't wrong, but again, I can't support the app.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow you even became staff on a 2nd ERP server. Still -1 from me from what I said on previous app. Stop unironically talking about how you have a fucking fetish for xeno mommy dominating you and playing ERP servers (including a xeno one, curious) and people will respect you more to the point where they can trust you being on staff for a game that kids play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mentor app up, and a Mod app. . .wait a minute, which do you ACTUALLY want? genuine questions here. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stand with ZAB and Fortelian for all the same reasons + my previous one on this app.
    I do not quite trust you based off your recent post history either (Stop making Diives "Hop on CM" Gifs.)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some concerns with the app and it is not the answer but with the person. I do not want our staff to be associated with Mosley and his server.
    I know it's a shit reason but the fact you're staff on Sexo: eros which was recently taken down (and brought back up again) is a little... off-putting. I supported your mod app in the past before and I still think you can be a mod. just that this time I don't have good faith in it.
    Also, you still have a mentor app up. please be decisive about what you want. and clarify your history with the other server.
    as much as I'd happily support anyone and I have supported all sorts of people. This is not one of those times.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. After talking with lunarflu a bit... I change my opinion on them. now that I'm aware of what their actual standing with the (aforementioned server) thing we were all talking about in the app.
    They have been making conscious efforts to be careful of what they post and I do respect that.
    although they mention being staff elsewhere. They don't actually wish to associate with those servers and are only mentioning it because of their experiences being staff.
    I think it's best we treat lunarflu like your generic Xeno shitposter rather than a degenerate discord moderator. maybe it's just the fact I leave discord often? but I feel like there aren't enough people talking to them directly about the stuff they do to inform them about it.
    Now finally! my perspective on them as a server owner who obviously has dealt with people like them in the past. I still can't bring myself to support this app but I can hopefully clear up some people's minds off of their more questionable things.
    I can't speak for lunarflu here but I do hope we don't go and make fun of people who are genuinely not a shitter and do give a shit about CM.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to point out that being staff on another server, ERP or not, is not a violation of CM Staffing policies.

Please focus feedback on the actual REASON they wouldn't be acceptable as a mod, not "they staff an ERP server" as that isn't a valid reason.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???