0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 from me, don't really trust Lunaflu to be honest

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fortelian makes some excellent points. Technically, I did address the comments on my last app. We all have different principles when it comes to 18+ content; For example, my principle is that I am always extremely careful with such content when in PG13 zones, and ask staff for extra opinions before I post certain things (I have a gif I made that was cleared, for example, but I still chose not to post it since it was going a little too far). It's all jokes and fun, people find different things funny, I accept that, hats off to you for sticking to your guns. Thanks for the feedback!

Hey Zab, it's good to see you! Glad you could make some time to comment on my app again, I appreciate the feedback. I'm saddened that you feel that way, things between us felt strained following the discord ban and I hope they can improve. I did respond specifically to your comments on my last app, but you probably missed them because I withdrew the app, so feel free to respond here if you feel like elaborating on your position.

Code., kudos to you for your persistence! I really respect that, standing for what you believe. Again, I did address your complaints in my last app, but I'll reiterate my point here for simplicity's sake. I have always consulted staff whenever I have the slightest doubt in my mind before making a decision - For example, recently I went back and removed a warn from strobia that I incorrectly applied. Last time, I asked for specific examples you found troubling; It's reassuring to see you came with one! The gifs I use for memes are already moderated by tenor for content, and I specifically verified with staff if the "hop on CM" gif was breaking any rules before I posted it.

Thanks for stopping by, Akira! I enjoyed discussing with you, I appreciate when players reach out to me directly when they have confusions so we can clear them up. Yeah, one of the SEXO:EROS headmins was a nazi so I just left yesterday and joined the new server with new management. It was clear to me that the headmin was prioritizing using the server to abuse his power and to be toxic, it's not how any community should be treated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt notice that you only joined 5-6 months ago.
    Back to back rule infraction in just 5-7 days like you havent read the rules at all.

Also i dont know why them not being a moderator of an r18 server isnt taken into account after the r18 note infraction and allegedly a lot of players accusing them of posting borderline erotic stuff in CM discord.

Everything just screams red flag to be honest. Despite being a 6 month old player are we really gonna trust someone who is still fumbling with game mechanics and has very fresh notes like they havent even read the rules at all.

Actions speak louder than words. The moderator app can be easily passed by looking at others notes and changing the wording.

Im concerned about no one checking or bringing up their notes too. Applications should be held to a higher standard.

Yes. This is my criticism. The smallest things always matter. You cant just overlook what history they had and we arent really scraping the barrel for moderators right now like months ago.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    Im concerned about no one checking or bringing up their notes too.
    They were, I referenced them both this time and last time.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    They were, I referenced them both this time and last time.
    yeah my bad. missed it. Point still stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    I would like to point out that being staff on another server, ERP or not, is not a violation of CM Staffing policies.

Please focus feedback on the actual REASON they wouldn't be acceptable as a mod, not "they staff an ERP server" as that isn't a valid reason.
    No offense Grim, but last person that was staff and was related to ERP resulted in a ban of like 10+ people, and whole debacle during their departure...

It's worth noting that if this many people giving +1, or -1, on this staff application, makes it seem like a very controversial topic. I neither wish to +1, or -1, since I already did a google search and my bias has been greatly altered by it

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Righto first things first things first I'll note some stuff that stood out regarding your answers. I wont be making a complete breakdown since that was done on your last application as well and most questions are fine and correct.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    First, I get him to quickly describe what happened, on the offchance that it's something like EORG or LRP or griefing etc, which would be actionable as a mod. I'll remind the ahelper to check the WL rules if it isn't immediately a mod issue, just to verify that he really believes it's an honor code violation. After that, I'll recommend that he makes a player report ASAP and within 48 hours, for the best chance of resolving the issue. Contacting a WL councillor is also a good option, I'll DM one of them through discord if I notice they're online, to help get them in contact with the ahelper.
    Just going to comment here that regarding predators (or any other whitelist for that matter) LRP is kept as a WL issue while Griefing and other rules like that are staff issues, so you shouldn't be enforcing LRP as staff on a predator.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other
    If 34 players are RPing (memorial etc) or doing tasks (OT etc), let them. Aliens sometimes wait to fill the last T3 spots, which can take up to ~20 minutes in extreme cases. Marines sometimes attend memorials, debriefings, or are ordered not to deploy due to low numbers. If it goes past 30min and I'm the only one online, I'll assess both sides' preparedness. If RP starts to stagnate and players are just sitting around, geared up, waiting, it's around then I would attempt some IC encouragement. For example, QM: "My sisters, with Lurk Team 6 we can hunt the talls aboard their very own vessel. Pick them off one by one, drag them into the darkness, strike fear into their weak, fleshy bodies.". I haven't ever seen a case where it's necessary to OOCly intervene, and I'd only even consider doing that as the ultimate last resort if they literally ignore IC attempts for like an hour.
    Making a QM message like "My sisters, with Lurk Team 6 we can hunt the talls aboard their very own vessel. Pick them off one by one, drag them into the darkness, strike fear into their weak, fleshy bodies." is a tad LRP and you should try to steer towards some more lore friendly messages when sending a announcement like that.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I thank the ahelper and let them know I'm looking into it. We know for sure it's theft (10 minutes jail, item returned to REQ), the punishments most likely to accompany that would be Trespassing (+7.5 min), Disrespecting a Superior Officer (+10 min)(either to RO or to the arresting MP, we have to check with them), Damage to Government Property (if the marine broke in), Insubordination (if RO tells him directly to stop and he does not), or Major Interference (if he attacks the MP, disarms, shoots etc). None of these merit permanent confinement, however, as they are not Capital Crimes. Given this, I PM the RO and MP to see what Capital Crime the Player committed (most likely Jailbreak/Escape based on my experience). If the Player is at fault, I link him the Marine Law wiki page so he can learn what actions he took counted towards his permanent confinement - If he has a history of disregarding or pretending not to know ML, I note him. If the MP is at fault, I remind him of the proper punishment for the marine in this situation and note, escalate depending on his history.
    It seems you're not correct on how ML works here. Different crimes DO NOT stack on top of each other to increase the brig timer, the only charge that does is resisting arrest. For a brig timer the worst (read as longest punishment) crime is used to set a timer and if resisting arrest is in the list of crimes that gets added on top. Besides that not knowing/pretending not to know ML isn't something that should be noted unless the player is breaking a rule and pretends not to know ML to get a lighter punishment or alternatively not knowing ML while the player breaks a rule regarding following Marine Law. (Think a MP enforcing stuff with no understanding of ML and making mistakes that affect other players due to it)

Considering you also mistook how ML works in your last application its something that should totally get some more attention if you become a T-mod since staff deal with plenty of stuff regarding it and should have a really good understanding of it to enforce the rules around it properly.
    This to me shouldn't be a dealbreaker however I think that that could be solved by paying extra attention to it in training and maybe even getting a dedicated extra lesson in ML by your trainer, something that I'll bring up to them if you get accepted.

Now for stuff besides your application that would influence my +1/-1 I'll start with your notes since it was brought up by someone else earlier.
    You've gotten 8 notes and one EORG ban during your 5ish months of play. 3 of them are minor, 2 are about deployment and you seemed to have cut that out after being warned about it and 2 are about C4ing stuff.
    The C4 in the OT workshop doesn't really bother me too much. The note about blowing CIC up as a joke and disconnecting after is pretty major but considering this was still the first month of you playing and considering that almost 5 months have passed since that note without anything else major coming up that seems acceptable and shows improvement with regard to following the rules.
    When applying for mod you shouldn't really have any notes in the month leading up to it and this timeframe is passed pretty comfortably with you being note free for 3 and a half months now something that is very much a good sign.
    (Just on a side note you don't have to be squeaky clean notewise to become staff on CM, its fine if you have some notes or even some old bans. Everyone pretty much has and as long as they aren't a sign of bad behaviour they are a non issue)

It's worth noting that if this many people giving +1, or -1, on this staff application, makes it seem like a very controversial topic. I neither wish to +1, or -1, since I already did a google search and my bias has been greatly altered by it
    Big red warning lights went off when I saw this so I did actually look into it and found nothing that should influence anything.... and don't see any reason in bringing it up. (unless overrepresenting CM with pictures on the SS13 Wikipedia page should be concerning)

I wanted to address you playing on other servers since it came up in your last app and also this one.
    I honestly don't care about you playing on other servers at all really, I don't really care if anyone does. It shouldn't matter unless you are very much breaking rules and griefing on another server since that would be a worrying sign. I don't think this is the case. And while I don't really get the appeal of a SS13 ERP server (or any online ERP chatroom since I think its basically just that with extra steps) I don't see any reason for that to be a issue as long as you know that's not something that is allowed on CM full stop. You haven't done anything like that in CM in the past (besides mentioning CBT as a joke while you were semi new), nor do I believe you plan on doing something that would break Rule 1 in the future.
    The only part about playing on those servers that would be anything really would be you moderating another server. We allow staff to be staff on other servers also and any moderation experience is, if anything, good since its still moderation experience.

Regarding your actions as discord volunteer, since it got brought up in your last app and will doubtlessly get brought up again.
    I personally don't do any discord moderation but I do keep up with what is going on in the discord. You seem to be doing a fine job at discord moderation and the current discord taskmaster giving this app a +1 should say a lot in regards to behaviour there.
    From my point of view you haven't done anything that would be concerning for normal moderation and behind the scenes you've done plenty of good stuff. Considering you pushed really hard for the community feedback channel, its existence being a good thing in most peoples mind I feel, and put a lot of work into making it a reality shows you've had a distinctly positive impact on CM there that could last. A good thing that I believe should be brought up.

This post turned into a big old rant so I'll just write a conclusion and get to the point already.
    I haven't had many interactions with you but from all the interaction that I have had with you you seem pleasant and passionate to learn new stuff (when you were still a new player) and about the CM community currently.
    In all aspects you seem like someone who would be willing to take criticism and work with people if they think you are wrong, something that I consider to be a good quality.
    The only real bad things would be your lack of knowledge of ML as mentioned before, and I guess you playing a character that leans towards the LRP side could be seen as a bad thing although I don't think its an issue for staff to play more LRP characters as long as its not too extreme.
    I think you're really passionate about CM and would be a great asset to the moderation team once properly trained. This app is getting a big +1 from me. Good luck with your app.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt notice that you only joined 5-6 months ago.
    Back to back rule infraction in just 5-7 days like you havent read the rules at all.
    True, back then I didn't. Then I realized just what potential the game has from a development perspective, so I made a conscious effort to clean up my act and to have fun within RP boundaries.

Also i dont know why them not being a moderator of an r18 server isnt taken into account after the r18 note infraction and allegedly a lot of players accusing them of posting borderline erotic stuff in CM discord.
    The moderator part is taken into account, just not in the way you are expecting.
    I'm generally careful when it comes to what I post, and I keep it within the rules. On my last app players voiced the same complaints, but failed to provide actual evidence to support their claims.

Everything just screams red flag to be honest. Despite being a 6 month old player are we really gonna trust someone who is still fumbling with game mechanics and has very fresh notes like they havent even read the rules at all.
    I'm not quite sure what your point is here. I haven't played for 6 months straight, that's just how long ago I signed up. SS13 is easily one of the most annoying games to play from a UI and control perspective as you probably know.

Im concerned about no one checking or bringing up their notes too. Applications should be held to a higher standard.
    True! As said above, I made a real effort to still find fun things to do without being too LRP (like making chemfoam, chemsmoke...)

Yes. This is my criticism. The smallest things always matter. You cant just overlook what history they had and we arent really scraping the barrel for moderators right now like months ago.
    Good on you for holding staff to a higher standard! It shows you care about CM, nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by lunarflu; 10-26-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lunarflu has been a discord volunteer for a while now, and I've noticed them since they first started talking in the community.

Since being discord volunteer, I've always found you to be fairly amicable and extremely receptive to feedback and instruction. You have some minor issues to work on (Marine Law knowledge sounds like it might need another refresher and special attention in training) and I have sent you specific details regarding improving some behaviour to stamp out some behaviours that while technically fine I'd still hope for better for the staff team and should attempt as much as possible to stay away from the border. As far as staffing on 18+ servers, I really don't care as long as you don't bring it here.

Clairion has given you some absolutely fantastic feedback and I trust that you are receptive enough to follow through on it. I believe you're a good fit for a trial as you are constantly trying to improve and I think anything of concern can be ironed out just fine with a training period and discussions.

Welcome to the team!
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)