Date of Incident
    October 24, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Hivelord ICE

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Vho

Accused Character Name
    Prime Empress

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    17:43

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 2, Rule 4

Description of the incident:
    It was a Trijent round. Xenos have a really hard time defending especially if it's the default north labs location. The Queen choose that. I went drone and built most of the defenses, we also had another hivelord. The queen deovied when marines hit the pod locks. After marines breached in past pod locks, queen abandoned the hive, while the position was still manageable. There was no escape tunnel since burrower went AWOL, xenos had a hard time escaping south because they had to fight through marines, then go into the still boiling water. I've managed to break through and live a little bit longer, still to die a little bit later. And it was a quick marine major.

This is also not the first time Queens do it, maybe even this very same queen and it never works, because most xenos die while trying to escape such a situation.

I understand that people usually don't get punished for making a wrong tactical move, but in this very particular situation the negligence is blatant. She could have prepared and communicated the escape plan beforehand, maybe ensured that there is an escape tunnel and it would have been fine. She could have ordered everyone to rally on her and covered the retreat.

So the main issue is whether the Queen players can abandon their hives to fend for themselves without doing some bare minimum to ensure that their children survive.

I do not really expect this report to be resolved positively, due to understandable reluctance to hand hold Queens on the staff side, but I still thought that nothing bad would happen if I report this.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    No special evidence.

How you would punish the accused:
    Warned to not do this again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I was the Queen. Most of the hive's t3 died very quickly as marines rallied past the podlocks. The hive had a very high pooled count since the beginning and this directly contributed to our demise as we had no numbers to hold marines at the podlocks in the slightest. I build for the hive, stayed ovi'd until everyone had a very generous chance to evolve and fought at the front. To no avail the burrower stood the entire round hiding in the bushes at LZ1 and there was not a single tunnel built. If I had enough time I would have berated the burrower but I didn't. Everyone was notified beforehand that I was moving the hive south. The reason being I needed a safe spot to build a pool as the pool still had a very high amount sitting in there. Everything was done respectfully and reasonably on my part to save the hive. Regretably, I do not have an XO, SO, and a list of advisors to handle orders that cater to everyone wishes mid-combat in a highly dangerous situation. A a very interesting example, is that as queen, to sit in ovi and refuse to save yourself while being attacked, is griefing and is easily punishable. As queen if I die, the pooled count slashes in half instantly, the entire hive will instantly call me bald in dchat or LRC, and the round will end in a disorganized fashion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hive spot chosen was Eastern Caves (despite certain claims that it was northern labs) which is the best available hive spot based on past experience. The queen tracker was working without issues that round. It was announced in hivemind(by the Queen) that the Queen was making a hive south. Most of the hive managed to make a retreat south. I am offended by the use of "negligence is blatant" and "without doing some bare minimum".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't tend to punish people for wrong decisions unless there's reasonable suspicion that the negligence was intentional. You mention in your opening post that this sort of tactic is often done so I don't see any grounds to really process this further.

I'm not going to get logs because the premise is fundamentally policing someone's performance. Queen isn't whitelisted, so as long as they're not griefing they've got a lower skill floor to be considered acceptable. I also don't believe Vho would intentionally be neglectful, so I don't see any reason to pursue OOC action.

You're more than okay to learn and discuss things in game and on the discord and improve your tactics from it though.

Report Denied.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)