User Tag List

Thread: Legit event idea

Whitelisted Captain Total_Epicness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legit event idea

This is a major event that will have the MP metacord pinged a week beforehand and optionally players ready for the “Special event” but no details of the event shall be released officially

Story: After a mission on CORSAT, the corporation sought the detaination, interrogation and possible mind-wiping of the troops of the Almayer. Using the newly elected Provost Marshal, who has received substantial kickbacks The marines are unaware of this and their ship stops mid-FTL and awakes only those of interest to the corporation.

more details
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

came from this
    //showthrea...-game-cm-event
    Benson 'Bengus' Gusman, Frankie 'LTB' Sulyard (old TC name)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the type of event I would love but I could see many people hate with a passion.

For your interest there’s actually quite a few guns in maint. I like the idea of having to scavenge for weapons to fight the oppressive MPs with though.

I can see this event ending up excluding a huge amount of players though with how few viable weapons would be available. My suggestion would be that weapon crates be scattered somewhere in maint. Like those weapon crates at ETA on Solaris filled with generic guns.

I really like the idea of a ship side major event though with no deployment.
    "Why are you eating ice cream in a bathtub?" - Sun Tzu

Argyle 'Nessie' Loch

Billy Bob Lemoyne

BS-000-B5 - Xeno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Settlerking View Post
    This is the type of event I would love but I could see many people hate with a passion.

For your interest there’s actually quite a few guns in maint. I like the idea of having to scavenge for weapons to fight the oppressive MPs with though.

I can see this event ending up excluding a huge amount of players though with how few viable weapons would be available. My suggestion would be that weapon crates be scattered somewhere in maint. Like those weapon crates at ETA on Solaris filled with generic guns.

I really like the idea of a ship side major event though with no deployment.
    marines are intended to scavenge for weapons however most will lack any proper guns. They are intended to gang up on the MPs due to outnumbering them 6 to 1 with makeshift weapons. The lack of guns prevents it from being your typical HvH event.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't see this working, people hate MPs, no one would take the RMPs, and i can't see anything other HVH in a small scale leading to mass murder of MPs on almayer.

Yeah, no thanks from me.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I love it, what Hunk said is certainly true. MPs are hated af by many people and once the first "arrest" happens brig will get bombed and mps will be killed immedietley. The more I think about it a round like this would last like 30-40 mins tops until all mps were dead and brig looking like WW3.

I would love something like this but I can't see this work with how the community views MPs

Argyle 'Nessie' Loch

Billy Bob Lemoyne

BS-000-B5 - Xeno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with Hunk. Yes, people hate MPs, which is why it would be very gratifying to give them an opportunity to beat the shit out of them. Also people absolutely would play RMPs, since people sign up to Riot Police ERTs whenever they're offered, and sometimes those ERTs are HUGE. All the admins gotta do is say "OBSERVE FOR SPECIAL ROLE" and a bunch of people will join.

Also I don't see how marines could insta bomb the brig, seeing as how they aren't going to have access to the weapon vendors. I don't really know how many weapons there are in maint, but I doubt there's enough of them in there for marines to instantly wipe out MPs.

So what if it only lasts 30 min? The action starts just 5 min after marines spawn, so it's not like some events where you waste 20 min getting equipped then get insta wiped in HvH. 5 min is probably just enough time for engi marines to make some metal baseball bats for the MP lynching mob.

I mean it's possible this execution of this event would suck, but the concept sounds pretty solid. I'd totally give an event like this a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ingiter signaller assembly on a welder tank. super easy stuff. all you need is a autolathe

Argyle 'Nessie' Loch

Billy Bob Lemoyne

BS-000-B5 - Xeno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If welder tanks are really such an issue then they can easily be deleted while the event is being set up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogar View Post
    If welder tanks are really such an issue then they can easily be deleted while the event is being set up.
    oh no please don't. I love the event Idea, i just think for reasons stated that the event wouldnt work with admin standards. I want this event

Argyle 'Nessie' Loch

Billy Bob Lemoyne

BS-000-B5 - Xeno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    I don't see this working, people hate MPs, no one would take the RMPs, and i can't see anything other HVH in a small scale leading to mass murder of MPs on almayer.

Yeah, no thanks from me.
    Well, the entire event hinges on the hatred of MPs and CLs. Lethal weapons are very limited, even for MPs. The MPs carry the advantage of having nonlethal weapons that can stun while marines have numbers. We have players that main MPs and ERT roles are usually taken, even if its XRT