Byond ID?
    Nwd72

CM Character?
    Vadim Dmitriev | Moira MacAuliffe

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10-20, at the least.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Gmod servers (of course), way back in the day.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Very rarely Eris, or Bee. Not in recent times, though.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Negative.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Not to my knowledge.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    I believe on TG back in the day, 2018-ish? Greytided a bit too much

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    I type plenty fast, and like talking to folks, so thats no problemo.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Randomly implies I already know, it does not follow proper escalation, so I shall not take that into account.
    Check player's notes/hours. Does he have any notes? Is he new? If he is new, and only shot once or twice, it is very likely he didn't know any better - PM him, tell him to becareful about shooting others in the future, get a mentor sent his way if possible, and give him a note for Improper Escalation, ensuring it is known he was a newer player, and this is just for documenting sakes, incase he you know, was acting like a new player, while multikeying.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Unless the Predator is managing to break a server rule, inform him I cannot handle whitelist violations.
    Tell him he may make a report, or if he believes it is more minor, DM a pred councilor, if he wishes, and provide him with the pred player's in question, ckey.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Assuming I see him while aghosted, and am not in person to teach him - tell the mentors, and thusly SEA (if one is online), 'Baldie in X location, could someone please teach him?'

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Request him to stop being hostile. Inform him of Rule 0.2, and direct him to file a staff report or DM a manager, if he believes my actions to be wrong.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Arguable Rule 9 - but since John Doe and Jane Doe is commonly used to refer to unknowns, I'd PM him, inform him his name is not acceptable as per Rule 9, and offer a name change - or change it to something random if he can not come up with one on his own.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    To my knowledge, this is a IC issue. MPs can hassle him for SoP, but otherwise unless he is going about shooting folks up, its acceptable.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Hostile survivors are no longer permitted. Check notes - if it is a repeated problem, he may need a escalation to a ban - if it is not a repeated problem, inform him hostile survivors are no longer permitted under the current ruleset, and note him, then provide aheals to the affected Marines, if it is suitable.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    PM the MP and ask for the arrest reason - if the reason provided is suitable, and logs back it up. Ex: He gunned down the RO on his way through, and didn't care to mention it, it may be suitable to investigate the player himself, but the MP is in the right, and no action will be taken against him.
    If the player is correct, and the MP informs me it was just for walking into req and taking something, which is a trespassing and theft charge at most - not able to be perma'd over, get the MP to release him, and make sure to check the MPs notes. If they don't have any notes relating to improper charges, just leave one for documenting sakes, incase he does the samething in the future.
    If they do have notes of constant improper arrests and permas, it might be time for a MP jobban.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Assuming 30 Marines means 30 combat ready Marines - not including MTs, MPs, etc - I would subtle message the CO/XO etc, that a redeployment would be in his best interest - or if required, a HC announcement fancily worded to basically say - reinforcements won't be coming soon, go wipe them out, thanks.

If it is 30 Marines counting like, half or more shipside personnel - I'd do the same but for the good ol' Queen. Subtle message it'd be wise to hijack - if not, QM message that I don't like cowardly daughters or whatever fancy wording I can come up with.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp the situation as I would do if I was a normal player, as I cannot handle situations that involve myself.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Inform them EORG does not apply to hostile parties fighting. Ex: Marines shoot xeno, accidentally FF, doesn't count as EORG. CLF are hostile to Marines, so it is fair game for them to be fighting.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Check notes - does the player have a history of roundstart fuckery? If not, and it is a minor fight, pass it as a IC issue.
    If not, and he is for example, stealing spec gear - tell him to knock it off, and toss him a note.
    If he does have a history - depending on how severe it is, a tempban may be required.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Assuming he wasn't punching/disarming on the frontline - but in the backlines/on the ship, tell him it is IE, if he has no history of it, a simple note and a warning, if he has a bad history of it, a temp ban might be required. And of course, if it is suitable, aheal the affected party.
    If it IS on the frontlines, where that is dangerous - rule it as a IC issue. Tell them if one of your mates suddenly started beating you up while you were being shot at, in an active warzone, you might do the same, for fear of your life.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    A simple MOOC that the mutiny isn't approved, and to stand down. If they don't stand down - asleeps might be required to calm them.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    If I do not find them to be greatly offensive, and they fit the IC situation - I will not act.
    If it *is* enough to act, check the notes of the ones spouting the drivel. PM them to knock it off - and apply a note, or possibly a tempban if their note history warrants it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Check notes. Do they have a history of doing this?
    If not, a tempban for a month or so would be wise.
    If they do have a history of doing this same, exact thing - it might be time to ban and file for a perma.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Check hours. Are they new?
    If so, PM them and inform them they should stay in the hive until they are evolved, as larva are very easily killed, and tell them to mhelp if they have any questions about xeno. Make sure to note them for documentation sake - incase they are infact a multikeyer, acting as a new player who plans to do such again.
    If not, and they have plenty of hours - PM them and ask them what they are doing - if they give a satisfactory answer, such as they saw a scout and the scout was infact, at the hive - so they bolted in a random direction for safety, they might be let off the hook, with a warning to simply, be more careful where they head in the future.
    If they are obviously trying to get themselves killed, heavy warning, and perhaps a jobban from xeno if the note history warrants it.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Netspeak isn't exactly, allowed - ontop of insulting the Queen, which is arguably LRP - PM them and inform them of such, and leave a note for documentation sake.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the ahelping player that Dropship is an acceptable term.
    To my knowledge, xeno speech is supposed to translate into well, English - so dropship would just be the translation of some wacky term they use.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Metagaming. PM the SO/XO/whoever holding the briefing, and tell them while Marines *are* aware Xenos, exist - they are not aware that the threat they are responding to specifically, are xenos.
    Make sure to note them for metagaming, for documentation's sake.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Very vague. If there are pods nearby, and xenos are not actively threatening to encroach on his position, Ex: they haven't broke through the cades, that is not acceptable. Punish accordingly.
    If, for example - it was the last pod, and xenos are about to make a breakthrough, that would be acceptable, extreme circumstances - as he was fearing for his life.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Once again, Rule 0.2. PM him, and tell him to kindly stop insulting me, and if he has any issues with my ruling, to take it to a manager, or file a staff report.
    If he continues on with the insulting, a short ban might be required.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform him that he would have to go get it removed by normal means.
    Just because he was SSD, does not mean xenos must ignore him.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If it isn't drastic, and just a minor issue, I'd just tell him as such in msay.
    If it is a major issue, such as constant unjust bans, I'd just take it up to a manager.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    As long as it is a civil argument, I will either get involved with my point of view, or ignore it.
    If it has devolved into insult flinging, and a petty fight, I'd go bring it up to a manager.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    To generally help improve the community, where I can - and of course, make it more welcome to new folks.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience, and transparency.
    Both are quite equally important for all staff positions, not just moderator.

Anything else you
    I exist. I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent Community member and level headed enough not to fuck up the job +1

(will probably end up in Smod hell like every decent jannie alas_)
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I trust them to be a good jannie 2+

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on interactions we have different perspectives about moderation - But that's a good thing! Having a broader range of ideas for how to approach situations is great. +1 from me

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we've had much interactions in game or outside of it for that matter, but as far as I've seen you are a solid, stand up member of the Community, and from what I've seen of you in game during my tenure as staff you are a good player.

The fact that you have and retained all Whitelists through their various purges also speaks volumes to me.

Based on this and your answers on the form, I have no issue giving you a +1
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Randomly implies I already know, it does not follow proper escalation, so I shall not take that into account.
    Check player's notes/hours. Does he have any notes? Is he new? If he is new, and only shot once or twice, it is very likely he didn't know any better - PM him, tell him to becareful about shooting others in the future, get a mentor sent his way if possible, and give him a note for Improper Escalation, ensuring it is known he was a newer player, and this is just for documenting sakes, incase he you know, was acting like a new player, while multikeying.

Excellent answer.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Unless the Predator is managing to break a server rule, inform him I cannot handle whitelist violations.
    Tell him he may make a report, or if he believes it is more minor, DM a pred councilor, if he wishes, and provide him with the pred player's in question, ckey.

Excellent answer.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Assuming I see him while aghosted, and am not in person to teach him - tell the mentors, and thusly SEA (if one is online), 'Baldie in X location, could someone please teach him?'

Excellent answer.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Request him to stop being hostile. Inform him of Rule 0.2, and direct him to file a staff report or DM a manager, if he believes my actions to be wrong.

Another excellent answer.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Arguable Rule 9 - but since John Doe and Jane Doe is commonly used to refer to unknowns, I'd PM him, inform him his name is not acceptable as per Rule 9, and offer a name change - or change it to something random if he can not come up with one on his own.

Excellent answer. Regardless of how far out of Rule 9 Guidelines a name is, you may need to clarify for some players, or be prepared to deflect excuses.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    To my knowledge, this is a IC issue. MPs can hassle him for SoP, but otherwise unless he is going about shooting folks up, its acceptable.

Excellent answer.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Hostile survivors are no longer permitted. Check notes - if it is a repeated problem, he may need a escalation to a ban - if it is not a repeated problem, inform him hostile survivors are no longer permitted under the current ruleset, and note him, then provide aheals to the affected Marines, if it is suitable.

Excellent answer.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    PM the MP and ask for the arrest reason - if the reason provided is suitable, and logs back it up. Ex: He gunned down the RO on his way through, and didn't care to mention it, it may be suitable to investigate the player himself, but the MP is in the right, and no action will be taken against him.
    If the player is correct, and the MP informs me it was just for walking into req and taking something, which is a trespassing and theft charge at most - not able to be perma'd over, get the MP to release him, and make sure to check the MPs notes. If they don't have any notes relating to improper charges, just leave one for documenting sakes, incase he does the samething in the future.
    If they do have notes of constant improper arrests and permas, it might be time for a MP jobban.

I think I might be starting to sound like a broken record! Excellent answer, shows a solid understanding of ML/MP procedures, and of how to approach what can be challenging ahelps.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Assuming 30 Marines means 30 combat ready Marines - not including MTs, MPs, etc - I would subtle message the CO/XO etc, that a redeployment would be in his best interest - or if required, a HC announcement fancily worded to basically say - reinforcements won't be coming soon, go wipe them out, thanks.
    If it is 30 Marines counting like, half or more shipside personnel - I'd do the same but for the good ol' Queen. Subtle message it'd be wise to hijack - if not, QM message that I don't like cowardly daughters or whatever fancy wording I can come up with.

Excellent answer.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp the situation as I would do if I was a normal player, as I cannot handle situations that involve myself.

Excellent answer.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Inform them EORG does not apply to hostile parties fighting. Ex: Marines shoot xeno, accidentally FF, doesn't count as EORG. CLF are hostile to Marines, so it is fair game for them to be fighting.

Excellent answer.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Check notes - does the player have a history of roundstart fuckery? If not, and it is a minor fight, pass it as a IC issue.
    If not, and he is for example, stealing spec gear - tell him to knock it off, and toss him a note.
    If he does have a history - depending on how severe it is, a tempban may be required.

Excellent answer.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Assuming he wasn't punching/disarming on the frontline - but in the backlines/on the ship, tell him it is IE, if he has no history of it, a simple note and a warning, if he has a bad history of it, a temp ban might be required. And of course, if it is suitable, aheal the affected party.
    If it IS on the frontlines, where that is dangerous - rule it as a IC issue. Tell them if one of your mates suddenly started beating you up while you were being shot at, in an active warzone, you might do the same, for fear of your life.

Excellent answer.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    A simple MOOC that the mutiny isn't approved, and to stand down. If they don't stand down - asleeps might be required to calm them.

Excellent answer.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    If I do not find them to be greatly offensive, and they fit the IC situation - I will not act.
    If it *is* enough to act, check the notes of the ones spouting the drivel. PM them to knock it off - and apply a note, or possibly a tempban if their note history warrants it.

While I can totally understand wanting to give leniency for IC jokes, especially when it seems many people are enjoying them, racism isn’t acceptable on CM, even in an IC context.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Check notes. Do they have a history of doing this?
    If not, a tempban for a month or so would be wise.
    If they do have a history of doing this same, exact thing - it might be time to ban and file for a perma.

Excellent answer, the ban times, depending on the severity of the incident might be a bit shorter for a player w/o notes, and you are given authority to aheal players who are killed in cases of griefing like this- but these are both things that are covered in training.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Check hours. Are they new?
    If so, PM them and inform them they should stay in the hive until they are evolved, as larva are very easily killed, and tell them to mhelp if they have any questions about xeno. Make sure to note them for documentation sake - incase they are infact a multikeyer, acting as a new player who plans to do such again.
    If not, and they have plenty of hours - PM them and ask them what they are doing - if they give a satisfactory answer, such as they saw a scout and the scout was infact, at the hive - so they bolted in a random direction for safety, they might be let off the hook, with a warning to simply, be more careful where they head in the future.
    If they are obviously trying to get themselves killed, heavy warning, and perhaps a jobban from xeno if the note history warrants it.

Another area with a minor note from me, we are able to reimburse the hive in cases of ‘battle noodle’.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Netspeak isn't exactly, allowed - ontop of insulting the Queen, which is arguably LRP - PM them and inform them of such, and leave a note for documentation sake.

Excellent answer.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the ahelping player that Dropship is an acceptable term.
    To my knowledge, xeno speech is supposed to translate into well, English - so dropship would just be the translation of some wacky term they use.

Excellent answer.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Metagaming. PM the SO/XO/whoever holding the briefing, and tell them while Marines *are* aware Xenos, exist - they are not aware that the threat they are responding to specifically, are xenos.
    Make sure to note them for metagaming, for documentation's sake.

Excellent answer with one small caveat- Survivors sometimes send an SOS before briefing/drop which tells CIC ICly that Xenos are present, a case like thus would not be metagaming.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Very vague. If there are pods nearby, and xenos are not actively threatening to encroach on his position, Ex: they haven't broke through the cades, that is not acceptable. Punish accordingly.
    If, for example - it was the last pod, and xenos are about to make a breakthrough, that would be acceptable, extreme circumstances - as he was fearing for his life.

Excellent answer.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Once again, Rule 0.2. PM him, and tell him to kindly stop insulting me, and if he has any issues with my ruling, to take it to a manager, or file a staff report.
    If he continues on with the insulting, a short ban might be required.

Excellent answer.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform him that he would have to go get it removed by normal means.
    Just because he was SSD, does not mean xenos must ignore him.

Excellent answer.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If it isn't drastic, and just a minor issue, I'd just tell him as such in msay.
    If it is a major issue, such as constant unjust bans, I'd just take it up to a manager.

Excellent answer.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    As long as it is a civil argument, I will either get involved with my point of view, or ignore it.
    If it has devolved into insult flinging, and a petty fight, I'd go bring it up to a manager.

Excellent answer. Discussion is good, if people get nasty (which thankfully doesn’t seem to be a thing with our current team!) then going to management is the way to go.

Solid app, excellent understanding, shows thoroughness and understanding of rules. A few very minor issues, but these are things that are covered during training.

+1 from me.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very level-headed person and a very pleasant person to talk with.
    +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolving this app Tomorrowish, last chance for any further feedback.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are pretty good overall.

No notes of any kind on forums discord or in-game, while being reasonably active on all 3.

Has a notable community presence. And the WL thing is pretty neat.

Overall seems like an easy +1.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All feedback given on the app is pretty valid and it's a strong one overall. Mostly just a reminder that we don't really want nor tolerate racism ICly anymore.

I think you'll be fine! I'm happy to have you on as a Trial Moderator and I'll reach out to you on discord soon with details and an invite to staffcord.

Welcome to the team!
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)