User Tag List

Thread: Vaikas - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vaikas - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Vaikas
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Jonas 'Thirsty' Ward / SSR
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Queen
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Grimreaperx15 and FortyPercent
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    TG
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Paradise
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    no
    Reason for Ban
    Grief as Queen, using beacon.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Hi, i am here to appeal a Queen Job ban that was given for griefing by using Queen beacon, which resulted in 20 dead xenos and me being an ass about it and joking in hivemind.
    Backstory:
    The beacon happened after we wiped out a marine force with a queen beacon flank on Shiva Snowball map, when the hive pushed back marines all the way to the FoB, I had an idea to beacon a second time over the FoB barricades, which had a 1 line of barricades and around 15 marines in total defending it. The beacon resulted in 20 dead xenos. The beacon itself wasn’t a good idea, but I got talked over by few other players ta the moment and thought that trying it wouldn’t be bad – tis was a mistake.
    Why I should get unbanned and my thoughts:
    Firstly, I have never had any intention to grief or anything. Queen beacon has been used rarely and most of the time it is rather a failure and ineffective. I feel that getting punished for using an in-game tool, which gets used so rarely, is a bad practise (the usage of it should be restricted or removed if you don't want it in the first place). I have been trying to get hang of queen beacon for quite a while, but it didn't seem to always work as intended.
    Secondly, I checked my notes after the Job ban and I noticed a warning by an admin, which stated that I have been warned for this offense previously, but I wasn't present at the time as a warning, so it was only left as a note. The warning was given 5 hours before the Job ban, and I have been playing 3 rounds in a row as Queen before. This does not exclude me from the grief or anything, but I feel sad, considering this job ban could have been avoided if the warning was given to me directly instead of just noting it down.
    Thirdly, I have been rude/on edge at the moment of the ban. This can be seen in my attitude towards the beacon and ahelp. I have taken a bad attitude and should have been more passive. This was due to recent Queen job ban of yellows and permabans of some other community members and I felt that CM staff was being 'overdramatic' and to be honest I felt like I wanted to get banned too. However, after some time has passed, I feel like I don't want to lose CM as it is one of my favourite free time activities.
    Conclusion:
    I have never had any intention to grief or to reduce fun of others in any way. My attitude towards the accident was inappropriate and toxic. I feel like I have reflected on my actions.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appeal assigned to an admin for review

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved - Accepted, lifting soon.