User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you think scout and lurker be reworked to remove hell invisibility combat

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

29 61.70%
  • no

18 38.30%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: invisibility combat is bad game design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

invisibility combat is bad game design

is it fun at all to fight lurkers or scouts on either side? Do you think both need to be reworked to make the game less cancerous with invisibility combat? I personally think invisibility combat is a sin for any tdm game, and yes that includes the halo powerup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah it blows

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What TDM game

But yeah well half of the game combat mechanics should be reworked for one reason or another, but not only there's not enough time or people to, touching things like this just nets backlash so it's unlikely someone will just want to be a pinata over it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a mechanic that makes you invisible but people can just change their monitor to see you isn't fun. Having a speed boost and invul frames maybe would be cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fira is unfortunately right.
    Doesn't matter WHAT the fuck you do nowadays, SOMEBODY is gonna pissed at ANY fuckin' change that happens.

ZAB also has a great point about the all-famous ... and CURRENTLY all-used ... M O N I T O R _ O P T I M I Z A T I O N.
    I mean, come on, the most common of this was the night-vision exploit for marines in ... what, 2020? Earlier? Where you just, even just slightly, turned up the gamma on your monitor.
    BAM, night-vision, don't even need a suit-light or flares. Dead-ass BROKE colonial marines for a long time, no wonder the win-rates were so marine-sided. You didn't even need light to see your enemies for BOTH sides.

As for fighting against cloaked individuals, YES, it's EXTREMELY annoying, time-consuming, and mind-numbing to do.
    But god-damn is it satisfying when you finally get that fucker that's been raping your black-line the entire game ... on both marine AND xeno sides.

As for whether it should be removed or not ...

... ah, who tf am I kidding, the devs don't even know WHAT to make the game anymore.
    It goes from RP, to TDM, to whatever the FUCK the community thinks of / wants / codes and if it's half-assed good enough, devs can slap it in.

So ... to be honest, I don't see cloaking going away for a LONG ass time. Given that this has been around since *checks changelogs* literally 2020/2019, back when RP was at least somewhat of a thing ... I'm not inclined to think it's gonna go away.
    Last edited by mizolo; 10-29-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Et tu Brutus, Ethan? What is it with people complaining about everything this time of the year?

Lurker is a bad design since MOBA and needs a rework. Maybe bringing pre-MOBA lurker back again. Didn't you enjoy wrecking those?

Scout is a bit OP potentially, but most scout players don't have the brainpower to use it to it's full extent. Probably needs a couple of small nerfs, like melee should remove invis, since that's what holding marine melee weapons back. And there should be cloak cooldown after you go out of invis. Just a couple of seconds should do.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    true old lurker had a counter this one doesnt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried not being trash Ethan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tie breaker here, I disagree, invisibility combat is fun, no counterplay is not. Bring back Riot shields. And RP, especially RP, if I wanted to play TDM invisible cockroach I'd go play Kha'zix over at League of Legends. CM wasn't built for TDM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurker is fine as is. They arent impossible to see but they are difficult.

Scout has real issues. They can't attack without decloak and if a xenos is behind a wall? The scout is visible.