User Tag List

Thread: Whats the purpose of having m79 Grenade launcher in squad prep if there is NO AMMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the purpose of having m79 Grenade launcher in squad prep if there is NO AMMO

what am i to do with this melee the xenos. Why put it as spawnable in squad prep if IT DONT SPAWN WITH AMMO. WHAT IS ITS PURPOSE

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reqs have ammo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjrazon90 View Post
    what am i to do with this melee the xenos. Why put it as spawnable in squad prep if IT DONT SPAWN WITH AMMO. WHAT IS ITS PURPOSE
    I think you can also use other type of ammunition to that new weapon. I saw on the big room where two teams preparing the vendors closer to the right doors. There are 3 vendors there for each team and the left ones had some type of slugs and some butterfly (?) ammunition. I think you are supposed to take from there.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gun is lackluster anyway, the purpose for it is to be a noob trap. Enjoy your stay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hold on, since when we have m79 in squad preps? I always wanted that kind of stuff to troll the MPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fira View Post
    Reqs have ammo
    inb4 local gl spec tales every useful nade. As a ugl main I must say that the new GL seems like a waste it offers nothing compared to the ugl.

also pls dont nerf the ugl to make the new gl more viable pls pls pls pls

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ugls have more ammo space, the same iff, and they can hold basically all the grenades this thing can, and they come with an m41 attached to them as well.

For contrast, this one can't even fit on your back, it's a loadout nightmare, and the unique nades it has are meh. Baton slugs are underwhelming, starshells are good utility but run out fast, and hornet shells are just like bad hefa or directional frag nades

tldr use the ugl
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    noob trap. Just make the UGL hold the new nades and it'll be decent utility but probably less useful than the masterkey because you have to lug around ammo that takes up a small item slot for one shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    The gun is lackluster anyway, the purpose for it is to be a noob trap. Enjoy your stay.
    I use it as a super flare gun with the starshell and its fuckin great

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brichess View Post
    I use it as a super flare gun with the starshell and its fuckin great
    You can load and shoot the flaregun with only one hand and TWO flaregun shot flares lit up just as much as 1 star shell does while flare packs being way more space efficient. Shooting the flaregun onehanded just leads it to go for max range with some deviation but you can just aim at walls to land it short, and then it's loadable without being on hand so you can reload it while it's holstered.

Also I've been messing around with baton slugs and it's fun to mess around with stunnable T2s with it but it's trash yes.

Oh by the way, UGL does fit star shells and hornets already, just not batons.
    Last edited by Ttly; 01-09-2022 at 12:35 PM.