Chatillon - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Ventyas

Marine Name
    Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Almaric

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Synthetic Character Story
    For format purposes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

You'll also find the whole app here

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    My synth will be having a 'teaching' mentality, always willing to help people to learn new things, even if those aren't directly related to their jobs. As his memory of his past as a historian isn't deleted from his memory, he would also compare some situations to 'similar' examples in history (I am passionate about history, so I should have no problems to do it on a regular basis).

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    Chems: I�m able to make every common medical chems by heart (KeloDerm/Derm, TriBica/Tricord, Oxy, Dex+, ImiAlky) and I do remember the other pretty well.

Medical: All surgeries by heart (Yeah even the eye one)

Research: As this is still mostly RP, I can handle that, Synth opening new possibilities like learning the Xeno language.

Req: I Used to be a RO main, back in October, However, I�m not totally used to the new Req system. I can manage two lines at a time.

Overwatch: As a Whitelisted Captain, I do know all the tools from Overwatch consoles to main announcement console.

Engineering: My main weakness in support roles. I still need sometimes a reference to the wiki for specific task like OB loading. However, I�m well aware of how hacking and APCs work

PO: Know how to run and prepare a ship. CAS isn�t mastered but I won�t use it as a synth anyway.

MP: I know Marine law and Arrest procedures, still need some reference to the wiki for the punishments. As a synth, I�m not able to process prisoners.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I�m a decent player of the community and loves to Roleplay whenever I can. I�ve always tried to create roleplay moment, even more when I�m playing shipside and think that I�ll be able to create fun/interest in some rounds by opening new opportunities.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No, last and only ban was a 3 hour ban in November.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I am the first one here I'll go ahead and ask some stuff.

Why do you want to be a synth?

Is there any specific reason you chose the name 'Almaric'?

What generation do you plan on playing?

The Captain gives you an order to sneak into the hive alone in order to retrieve an egg for research purposes, what do you do?
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4000daniel1 View Post
    Since I am the first one here I'll go ahead and ask some stuff.

Why do you want to be a synth?

Is there any specific reason you chose the name 'Almaric'?

What generation do you plan on playing?

The Captain gives you an order to sneak into the hive alone in order to retrieve an egg for research purposes, what do you do?
    1) There are a few reason that makes me want to be a synthetic. The first one is that I'm mostly a dead/low pop player. In those round, we miss often a RO, some docs, a correct engineering department, Overwatch and FOB engineers. I sometiems do play each of those roles but in low pop, after the early rush or before the first wounded wave, you are almsot totally useless. As a Synth, I would be able to get from a department to another depending where I am needed and will so help the marines to enjoy more their rounds as I will myself do something else than RPing alone as a CMO in my morgue with a dead prisonner body from Prison Station (which coudl be pretty fun, but after doing it like 4 times, that beginns to be boring).

Moreover, I find interesting the way Synthetics works in terms of RP (language learning, limitations, no real emotions just mimmick of those, etc...) and that really add new ways to enjoy the round for me and the people I'll RP with (like a living xeno in Research)

2) As I said, I am passionate about history, and one period I really love is the 11th and 12th century. Armaury (French version of Almaric) was pretty common at that time and is also the name of a King of Jerusalem. I did choosed it to enforce the historical reference quirk but also as a name I do like and that begins to be more and more common in Western Europe at the moment (under its French version Amaury and the german one, Amalric).

3) Gen 2 as it fit more to my personnal way to roleplay and the background story that I created.

4) The Hive is probably the most dangerous place in a round except near a B18 with HEFA nades. Here, I wouldn't follow the order as my Self preservation comes first. I'll tell to the Captain this: "Captain, this order requires in 95% of the cases my suicide without success of the mission. As Sun Tzu said: "The first Danger for a soldier is his recklesness" and my personnal programm doesn't allow me to take such risk"
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reliable player
    Great story
    Delta main

+1

absolutely no issues with this app.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, the story is nice. It has a good chunk of dialogue with your synth showing them how they'll act and also displays some of your understanding for the synthetic guidelines (such as not being able to use firearms). Quirk is interesting and unique, and I have seen you around quite a bit in-game. Some people may nitpick the name for being too exotic, but the truth is we let in names like that fairly often, and you're reasoning behind it makes me believe it fits for your synth.

My only real concern is that I notice some grammar mistakes in both the story and the answers you gave. But I feel the actual story and answers themselves make up for that, I'm a fellow non-native english speaker myself and I believe as long as you're able to make yourself understood without too many grammar/spelling mistakes it shouldn't be the main reason for dening the app.

1+
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You stole my quirk you goddamn frog.

Let�s see how much of a history buff you are.

1. On LV624 the marines are about to charge through a field of sticky resin, weeds, and at the end what awaits them is two boilers and a bunch of spitters. What turning point in history do you think you would mention to the marines to say this is a bad idea?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post

1. On LV624 the marines are about to charge through a field of sticky resin, weeds, and at the end what awaits them is two boilers and a bunch of spitters. What turning point in history do you think you would mention to the marines to say this is a bad idea?
    HAH, You stole LLJK Quirk. Good job.

You have my +1 for that

TBH you're a good player and i like to RP with you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Reliable player
    Great story
    Delta main

+1

absolutely no issues with this app.
    Thanks for the support

Quote Originally Posted by 4000daniel1 View Post
    Alright, the story is nice. It has a good chunk of dialogue with your synth showing them how they'll act and also displays some of your understanding for the synthetic guidelines (such as not being able to use firearms). Quirk is interesting and unique, and I have seen you around quite a bit in-game. Some people may nitpick the name for being too exotic, but the truth is we let in names like that fairly often, and you're reasoning behind it makes me believe it fits for your synth.

My only real concern is that I notice some grammar mistakes in both the story and the answers you gave. But I feel the actual story and answers themselves make up for that, I'm a fellow non-native english speaker myself and I believe as long as you're able to make yourself understood without too many grammar/spelling mistakes it shouldn't be the main reason for dening the app.

1+
    Yes english is from far not my mother tongue and not even my first language at school...

Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post

LV --> Jungle
    Sticky resin and weeds --> Trench/traps/ambush
    Boilers and spitters --> Chemical weapons
    Bad idea for marines --> American lose?

Well here is a list of conflict you could use:
    First, of course the Vietnam war as almost all the requirements are filled up:
    Vietnam is mostly jungle like, and that was a war with loads of traps/small trench and ambush, The use of Napalm makes it for the chemical weapon aspect and America kinda lost the war.

However: you could also use:

- WWI for the trench/Artillery and retarded charge aspect
    - Different battles of the Sengoku Jidai would likely make the job too, depending a bit more on the context.

Those are the ones that comes to my mind right now
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay.

You're playing as the synth and the XO is kinda of lost inside the CIC, what would you do?

In what situations are you allowed to arrest someone?

The FOB is getting breached, there's an engineer in crit, he repaired you earlier, save him or run away? Why?

What do you think about the current state of the Synthetic Role? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Pedroca2lucas; 02-16-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going for the great French blunder known as the Battle of Agincourt, but your examples would work to.

I think you can do it
    +1