Date of Incident
    October 29, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Kara Parton

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Saltspider

Accused Character Name
    ROSS 'SOUPY' CAMPBELL

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    2021-10-29: 06:35:00

What rule(s) were broken:
    denial of: appeal,treatment,as

Description of the incident:
    Denied my appeals about 40 times allowed a man to break into my cell and beat me with no attempt to stop it after the assault i was denied treatment then proceeded to die as a result of my injuries after i was revived the person who assaulted me then continued to do so multiple times without reprimand.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    ITO handled the logs also Ito has told me to say that the ahelp procedure lasted 2 rounds after the round of the incident and that 2 mods handled the problem

How you would punish the accused:
    MP JOB BAN

TEMP JOB BAN IF THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY DID WRONG AND ARE WILLING TO BE BETTER maybe like forced MP cadet for a week or something

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will post a more detailed description of what I investigated later.

key accusation made in the ahelp by end of discussions in the ahelp. CL asked for an appeal 40x times, was assaulted 5x times, and was denied medical treatemnt. (the numbers are probably not literal)

There were multiple accusations of wrongdoing against the MW, primarily. The CL has asked for an appeal multiple times, the CL wrote some poetry that was taken to be the appeal by MW. They also said they wont take an appeal from someone who was drunk but they did consider the papers to have been an appeal. The cl did say that this wasn't their appeal and continued to ask for one all the way to their execution, they belive they didnt get any appeal, its debatable if the MW gave them an in-person appeal. They never got an HC appeal, it seems that it was suppressed by the MP department (rather than just strictly the MW) with the CO being involved in the matter tho I'm not sure who knew what exactly and if they were lied to or not or to what extent. There was also a CMP there who may have had connections issues, possibly to the point of not being able to handle matters (but I haven't fully investigated this part). The CO was made aware of them not having had an HC appeal prior to the ARES intervention on mp comms, but also after it, tho when i talked to them they only said about the instance after it, so im not sure what happened there. Before the execution, Windhealer made an 'attempt' on the CL life in prison to which the MW pretend not to see, and even encouraged saying something like its gods work. The prisoner was not given any medical treatment and was put up for execution from my understanding while in a coma. The CO only halted the execution after the ARES message informing everyone that this was illegal, and after they were healed ares gave the go-ahead for the execution. The cl kept saying that this execution was illegal and they want an appeal until they died, and Windhealer made another attempt on the CLs life sometime before, To which the MW beat them with a baseball bat after stunning Windhealer. Naturally given the Ares announcement everyone ignored their pleas while in the chair, as it was seen as HC having given its blessing. Ares presumed that all procedure was followed when they gave the go-ahead for the execution, and only thought that them being in a coma was the only l breach from what I understand. There were no ahelps relating to this matter up until this point iirc. I never managed to talk to MW at all, they dced by the time i took over the ahelp.

Initially, Mercadier took the ahelp and said they will be right back but the round ended before they did. Ahelps were continued over the next 2 rounds and investigating, until I felt too tired to continue. I do apologize to the CL for being a bit more defensive towards the MW but seeing as I couldn't get any of their side in this incidents, I did want to be sure they were guilty before I noted/banned them in their absence. Despite the relatively brief report here, the CL did spend over 1 round discussing the events with me in-game.

My understanding was that the CL was unambiguously guilty but I haven't fully verified this beyond them basically saying they broke every law.

The only person im sure I can clear of any wrongdoing is windhealer, as it seems justified to try and kill someone for trying to grow Xeno and he was RPing a murder/beating rather than just PB someone.

I don't feel I can clear the MW, esp on the allowing a prisoner to be beaten and not giving them treatment charges. And regarding the denying of the appeal both inperson and the one to HC, I would really like to hear from the MW. While I expect the MW to be guilty of significant wrongdoing, there may be some mitigating circumstances on some of the chares namely the IC appeal and possibly the HC one too, so in their case, it's more of I'm not sure to what extent they are at fault, rather than whether or not there was any wrongdoing.

I do see at a glance how a whole department of MPs can fail to grant someone an appeal when the person did ask for it repeatedly, especially in an execution case where everyone participated. To this end I'm not sure I can clear the CMP - Seraphine Decarte, nor the CO Wallace Harr, and possibly even Yeshua Smith, as they seem to have been the arresting officer. While I'm not sure the breaches for these people are significant enough to warrant a report, I do feel they probably should be investigated too as they tie in with MW, and may have had some influence over the MWs actions or responsibility in making sure the execution was correct rather than it being solely the MWs responsibility. I have not really investigated too much in this regard.

I also don't know for sure what the deal was with the MW beating Windhealer and why in general the MPs didn't seem to arrest Windhealer, as I didn't fully investigate this, tho from what is gathered is that they tried at one point, and iirc the CL did complain about this in the ahelp too.
    Last edited by ito726; 10-29-2021 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Fill in with more details.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to be clear they were playing Military Warden

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the mod who initially intervened in the situation - the CL was in the execution room and in the middle of being executed by firing squad when I announced via ARES that they were already dying of unrelated wounds and advised that, as per procedure, they should be revived, treated, and then executed again.

After the CL was treated and restored back to health, I announced as ARES that as the CL was alive and healthy, the execution could now go ahead. The reason for this was that I mistakenly assumed, having not witnessed anything unusual earlier or seeing any ahelps about the situation, that the execution was authorised, legal, and fully cleared by command.

I then proceeded to leave the game to make a bowl of spaghetti bolognese. As stated, I wasn't witness to any of the supposed rulebreaks occurring earlier, so I can't really comment on those.
    captain bill sutton, corporate sellout and roleplayer extraordinaire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think I deserved to be executed initially but not after what happened with the warden I think if I got the chance to appeal to high command the severe negligence of the warden could of permitted me a pardon or something like that but that's beside the point really.

Also, the only reason mind healer was taken out of my cell was that one of the other MPs noticed the situation after about 3 minutes of me having Windhealer on the floor but then cuffed him dragged him out and I believe he was immediately released although the immediate release thing could be false.

My arresting officer did seem to attempt to do something about an appeal for me right up until the warden was designated as my officer.

Additionally, I'm just surprised that an MP watched me take an egg and a monkey and infect the monkey without doing anything up until the monkey was already fully infected

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I am somewhat involved in this I will make my place clear

I auth'd your execution as I was told by both the Warden and CMP that you had an opened egg in your office and though this could be seen as unrelated my only previous experience with you that round was that you attempted to take my XO's ID whilst they were SSD with a loose Xeno on the ship.

I however wasn't aware that the MP's watched you take an egg and infect a monkey nor that the Warden didn't give you an appeal that I had delegated to him as it is supposed to be his job, I was told that the Warden was a 'Bystander' in your arrest and wasn't actually involved, hence why I asked over comms if he could do it.

I do believe this whole ordeal could've been smoother, however the MP department was extremely lacking in quality and as a CO I shouldn't have to do arrests myself and if I had known a report would've been made about an execution it would've been easier to BE.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was pretty cooked during this round and dont really remember what happened but i got no issue with the warden whacking me with a bat it was funny and didn't cause excessive damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here;s what happened, I was the warden. CMP and CO told me to take his appeal. I agreed. Went in there and went "Hey there, I am here to take your appe-" Noticed he was drunk, called medical, had his veins purged. Brought him back and then I said okay let's hear it. He wrote poetry. I was thinking "Alright, seems he doesn't want to take this seriously." I had just logged in when I heard about the monkey thing, so I went to his office, saw it, ordered the monkey to have an abortion because yay pro choice or some shit. Then, I went to the CO and laid out the facts and my suggestion. "Knowingly endangered the ship by infecting a monkey, I was also told he released one. CO it is in my opinion you execute him." The CO said to keep him in perma, which I did. Later, after waffling the CO said "Execute him." this was as I was dragging him back to perma. The prisoner tried to escape perma multiple times and make a nuisance of himself. I asked the CO to just BE him as well, because this was getting asinine. I saw winhealer breaking in and was like, "Oh he's probably doing a prison break rp." so I said I saw nothing and closed the shutters. Windhealer did in fact, not break him out of prison. Some time passed, he was strapped to a chair, his appeal denied by the CO, after I explained he wanted a fax sent to HC and then he was executed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like this whole thing was a game of "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." It also was not helped by the fact that xenos were in the process of hijacking the alamo, which rushed multiple decisions on many parts no doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to specify the poetry was before the purging of the veins specifically 5 seconds after being put in Perma and I tried to escape 0 times and I also released nothing.