Lana Deach
    Their BYOND Key
    Jamesthebond
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    9:54am AWST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    I spawned into cryo and saw Jenkins spawn in, so I disarmed him a few times and then he started disarming me, shoving each other. An MP and CMP spawned in and saw us, told us to stop shoving one another. We didn't stop so MPs started to flash us, we moved into the Charlie/Delta canteen whilst shoving the MPs, more people got involved, MPs got cuffed and stripped by others, I cuffed one MP and only ever disarmed. We eventually let the MPs escape and uncuffed the last one who was very pleasant. As far as I can tell, no marine ever hurt any of the MPs, we did receive a few harm batons from the MPs though.
    Evidence
    SeniorModerator PM from Jamesthebond: May i have a moment of your time?

SeniorModerator PM from Jamesthebond: Can you please explain what happened with the marines and Mps?

SeniorModerator PM from Jamesthebond: and what role you were apart of

PM to Jamesthebond: Jenkins and I were having some tomfoolery, saying hello etc, shoving each other. MPs spawned in, saw this, told us to stop, we didn't, they flashed us, then we started shoving them and other marines got involved and three MPs ended up stripped in the canteen.

SeniorModerator PM from Jamesthebond: Alright im gonna have to warn you for taking part of Round start Shananagans please do not do this again

PM to Jamesthebond: What

PM to Jamesthebond: The MPs didn't have to flash us. Jenkins and I were mutually shoving one another.

SeniorModerator PM from Jamesthebond: Im giving you a warning for instagating a Riot at Round start and Shoving each other in brief is not allowed

PM to Jamesthebond: We weren't in briefing.

PM to Jamesthebond: We were at cryo.

SeniorModerator PM from Jamesthebond: Cryo i meant

SeniorModerator PM from Jamesthebond: in multi conversations

PM to Jamesthebond: WHAT

PM to Jamesthebond: Idk what happened after everyone left canteen but we didn't continue after dispersing.

SeniorModerator PM from Jamesthebond: Still doing Roundstart shannangans and Cryo shnanagans are against the rules

PM to Jamesthebond: What section of the rules?

SeniorModerator PM from Jamesthebond: Rule 2

PM to Jamesthebond: I'm sorry but its within RP for me to great my friends in whatever way I like. No where does it say that I can't shove my friend in cryo itself. Nor does it say that improper escalation was used. Friends shoved, MPs flashed, MPs got shoved, MPs started using more of their gear, more people got involved. Not ONCE did I call for help from anyone or say anything about a riot. At most I cuffed one MP, I stripped no one. Mostly just shoved. So I don't understand why I failed RP. It was all within RP to act like we did. Its normal behaviour.

PM to Jamesthebond: Major shenanigans that may disrupt the normal flow of the round at roundstart, (This includes but is not limited to; big or lethal fights, briefing brawls, riots, massive equipment restrictions and tackling players trying to reach their prep room.), are not tolerated.
    TrialAdministrator PM from Hunk1: Alright. I am stepping in.

Allow me to explain to you why you did REGARDLESS of your opinion.

Rule 2. Roleplay

CM-SS13 is intended to be a Medium Roleplay server

Major shenanigans that may disrupt the normal flow of the round at roundstart, (This includes but is not limited to; big or lethal fights, briefing brawls, riots, massive equipment restrictions and tackling players trying to reach their prep room.), are not tolerated.

Now to put a period on this conversation, you were part of a BIG Cryogenics Brawl which led to a RIOT and OOC intervention.

The note is final. If you wish to continue this conversation file a staff report.

PM to Jamesthebond: It says nothing about shoving in cryo, Jenkins and I were mutually shoving one another. It was consentual. No marines harmed any MPs, MPs harmbatonned us a few times but we never used any lethals on them. It also didn't continue after we let the last MP go. So I don't know why you're drilling me but as far as I am aware, I barely did anything wrong.

PM to Jamesthebond: We didn't disrupt the round for anyone but MPs, MPs started to flash us in the canteen so we reacted. You cannot fault us for defending ourselves from MPs.

PM to Jamesthebond: Any marines that got involved wanted to get involved.

Warned for LRP: Taking part and instagating a round start riot with the MPS
    By x (SeniorModerator) on 2021-10-29 20:34:52

I wish I recorded it now. It was tomfoolery that had willing marines that participated in this at canteen, the only victims were MPs and we did eventually let them go. I had no part in whatever happened at briefing. Apparently its against the rules to shove people at cryo (people get shoved at roundstart in cryo all the time). Even so. When this was happening, cryo was basically empty of all the round start marines. So Jenkins and I were the only ones I could see until the MPs woke up next to us. MPs could have just let us do our thing and move on.

Three MPs got stripped, sure, but I didn't strip them, nor did I ever encourage the "riot" from happening at the canteen, marines just got involved themselves. It was basically an IC issue. I didn't target anyone or anything. It was friendly banter that MPs wanted to stop and it escalated from there. Everyone was a willing participant until they no longer wanted to be there (MPs).
    How you would punish the accused
    I just want the note removed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Accused Party is Me, the Senior Moderator Ito726 and the Senior Moderator Jamesthebond. The decision was made in group duo the MASSIVE mess your joke caused and we were borderline of doing OOC interference. You're allowed to do the Shenanigans as long as it dosen't cause a major brawl. if a MP tells you to stop, YOU STOP. If you resist, you will face ML. We wouldn't had interfered or Noted if it didn't took the huge proportions of Mass Riot against MPs.

if you want to make your jokes with your friends, feel free, but be aware that ANYTHING that surge from that joke, you will be held accountable for it. We felt the Note more appropriate because we severely considered a 24 hour ban for major disruption of the round start.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People shove people all the time, friends being friends. I don't see why Jenkins and I shoving each other and being rambunctious warranted MPs needing to flash us. It escalated when MPs decided to flash us and we started shoving them too. They then started to try to taze us and other marines heard it and came to investigate and got involved. Not once did I call for these marines or ask them to get involved. They got involved on their own. They shoved the MPs along with us, but I didn't strip any of them. This all happened in the canteen south of cryo. I don't know who's round got disrupted other then the MPs, the CO didn't even know about it but by the time they came down to have a look, it was basically over and we all went our separate ways. I'd like to know how we disrupted the round flow exactly, because everyone else aside from those involved in the canteen incident were going about their business as normal it seems?

I heard that something went down at briefing involving MPs and marines, are you guys getting your wires crossed? James did mention something happening at briefing but I was never there. I was too busy getting prepped.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shoved an mp first when they told you to stop, even if the cryo fight is overlooked, you still started the fight with the mps by shoving the cmp when they told you to stop, you literally started the conflict with the mps. You were still involved after that too, just so no one gets the impression you started it but then didn't participate in it further.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i'm involved in this I want to give my two cents. MPs decided to arrest at 12:08 or something like that in delta charlie mess. MPs wiffed that arrest. Cryorines started spawning and getting involved. How is it Lana's fault that cryorines got involved, none of us asked for help on comms. How is it our fault that the MPs who tried to arrest us were comically bad at arresting us. MPs have the single strongest HvH weapons in the game but more often then not, lack the skils to use them. Resisting arrest and interfering in an arrest is not and should not be an OOC rulebreak. This note is just completely bogus.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "none of us asked for help on comms" while technically true, you asked for help when people were in cryo at round start, I don't think you could have asked for help on comms even if you wanted to. Additionally, IIRC you were supposed to get a note/ban alongside them but it seems you slipped through the cracks, and one was never applied.

The note is for round start shenanigans, and both of you instigated this incident, you thought the calling deltas against MPs as an SO no less and while possibly being aCO as well, and Lana by literally attacking the CMP.

As for in regards to " This note is just completely bogus." quoting from the rules "Major shenanigans that may disrupt the normal flow of the round at roundstart, (This includes but is not limited to; big or lethal fights, briefing brawls, riots, massive equipment restrictions and tackling players trying to reach their prep room.), are not tolerated.". Kidnapping the whole mp department as they spawned right out outside of cryo, and starting a riot against them, I would say would be comfortably covered under this rule.

Edit: just for clarity, these 2 were not the only people involved and sanctioned for their involvement.
    Last edited by ito726; 11-07-2021 at 05:33 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole thing was an IC issue which was made into an OOC issue. The whole thing escalated normally and deescalated on its own without any OOC interference. MPs come fully prepped out of cryo and if they decided to do their job straight off the bat, then what defence can you even give them? They got involved on their own. Any protection from that rule was null and void the moment they started trying to stop us from doing anything. It started out with two friends shoving each other, both parties in which were consenting to the shove party. We were greeting one another. The fact that it spiralled out of control for the MPs who tried to stop us which resulted in three of them being cuffed and stripped isn't an issue of the staff. All of it was handled ICly. In fact, you guys didn't even bring it up until the round was over, where we had won the round as marines, so the round flow wasn't even disrupted for anyone aside from those MPs. Honestly it feels like because the MPs weren't able to arrest us before we deployed, that staff had to punish us OOCly instead.

At best, it would have been charges for assault and a few other things under ML, assault being "To threaten or use physical force against someone with ill intent, but without intent to kill." Which would have been dealt with by MPs ICly, had they arrested us before we went groundside.

A riot can be defined as "a violent disturbance of the peace by a crowd" or "take part in a violent public disturbance". Violent as a definition too, "using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something". The key thing here is, no MPs were harmed by marines. They were shoved and cuffed, sure, but none of us hurt them. They eventually were let go and we all went about our usual business. Now we could get into the deeper psychological aspect of this and discuss whether or not that shoving a player in-game is considered harm or it is only harm when someone takes brute damage. To me, if someone takes break damage, harm was done. You can walk away from a shove without any brute damage.

In the end, this entire thing, like I said at the start, was an IC issue that ended naturally with the MPs being let go. I don't believe I should have been noted for it still.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think that the logs are needed as these PMs show everything that happened.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to mention that I have a player report against the CMP about the very same situation:
    //showthrea...zolaria-Rule-2
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reisyn/(Lana Deach)
    SuprisedBaby_/(Jeramiah 'Butcher' Jenkins)
    Adzolaria/(Oksana Zelokova
    Waswar/(Varshava Raskolnikov)
    Lolvax1/(Tro Laborious)
    Sleepynecrons/(Mikoka Wei)
    Medizan/(Jack Harrow)
    EOD-501/(Drake Manwell)
    NuckenMcFuggets/(Tim 'Terrorsathan' Baker)
    IDK1222222/(Pablo Fernandez)
    Sg2002/(Roman 'Fire' Kacew)
    Maeseffect/(Willem'Chese'Van De Redder)

Starts: 19:25:50

Spoiler Spoiler: