Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HvH Feedback

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HvH Feedback

Would love to hear some feedback for HvH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad at all. But it's too laggy and that's ruins any fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More. We need more. Variety like this is very, very refreshing from when it's mostly just HvX. Just today, 200 people playing. If you put more content into HvH, more dev focus, I bet you playercount will increase on HvH rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the love of fuck remove the sniper sentries and the stuns that revolvers do. Its not fun when a single marine can 1v4 because he has basically infinite stun on all of the enemies. And its REALLY not fun to get shot from 3 screens away by a sentry that can break your ribs in two hits, and down you in five

Also, APCs are overpowered in HVH. They can outrun and outgun you, and you can do next to no damage to it with a standard rifle or grenade.

Other than that, please do this more often. Love a good HvH. It brings up more RP oppertunities when the enemy can actually understand and talk to you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for making the event. I will list some points of criticism.
    1) Massive lag. Not your fault at all. Not sure how it can be fixed but seems to be a constant on HVH events.
    2) UPP attack on ship at beginning of round. Seemed overboard. An agent or two would have been better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the sake of increasing sample size, I have to echo that lag is a huge problem. Other than that, having ship to ship type combat is interesting, and it would be cool if some day there was an option for completely ship to ship/station HvH where the engineering crew fixing the ship and boarding to raid enemy systems is important for victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    216 UPP vs 30 marines WHO win?!?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a hot take, not knowing what's in the realm of possibilities.

Imho, HvH is fun, I like it.
    For context: I played as UPP for this round.

The main issue is that the balance is all out of wack.
    I'll skip the obvious stuff like revolver stun and focus on the gadgets: marines had access to all the cool tools of the Almayer (OT, Req, Sentries, etc...) while UPP only had numbers and respawn (we had a top tier mortar though).

If feel like having a proper UPP base that gives the same amount of gadgets (or slighty less, i'm no expert on balance) would be better, or have the marine spawn on a similar base on the ground.

(that would obviously assume similar amount of players on both sides)

Aside from that, I feel like combat could be a tad longer? You can easily melt someone very fast and while it is fun, I feel like it would be better for it to be slowed down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, mortars and CAS. they too OP and I mean it. Basically all support is OP. This HvH CAS po was bald as fuck and uhhh, yeah he was just bald.
    Secondly, TURRETS. ALL OF THEM. they can kill you in three four shoots. especially the sniper turret. its just cancer, and it wont kill you likely but will annoy the fuck out of you
    third is that things like OT nades and rockets. They are just massive genocide annihilating weapon for free roundstart.
    Potentially stims, as they might be funny and all of this fuckery with MST X level
    Also the UPP revolvers and heavy things that gives ridiculous stun. I know there's a MR that makes you that you cant strip people and nono for sniper sentry, merge it.
    Uh thats about it
    oh yes and OB, funny destruction toy that can wipe all UPP if aimed correctly. (it wasn't)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need more HvH rounds, it's fun, but server lag and couple of other problems hinders it.
    1) DMR and Plasma sentry are too OP. If you removing scopes might as well remove these during HvH.
    2) APCs ruins all the fun, because APC mechanic is meant for xenos, but not for humans that deal barely any damage to it.
    3) .44 heavy that can just kill you with 1 hit and you absolutely nothing can do about it.
    Despite these problems, HvH is very much fun imo.