Byond ID?
    Fuente1

CM Character?
    Javier Handford

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT-3

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    4-10 hours really depends on the day.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, small community's not important.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Currently only cm , before i used to play on a hispanic server ss13

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    None, only this one.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Currently, no.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No, just ban's about improper escalation / eorg ( i was kinda new) and netspeak but that one is old (2019)

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, im willing to communicate with staff members to solve problems and give opinions/ thoughts about what is good or not.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    If the player is new i will give him a note and discuss with the mp's about his punishment ic.
    However, if this player is not new, i'll have to talk with him about why he did it and stating the rules why he is gonna get punished for ( always giving him the reason of why i'm punish him, so he can reform and understand the rules. )
    About the players who got shot depending on his state, I will aheal ( if it's just minor wounds I will let the medic handle it ic, and about broken bones I will probably give him the aheal.)

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    This is a whitelist issue, and that is another department however i will recommend the player to do an player report and let the yautja councils decide the punishment

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I handled some new guys ( because this is actually some new guy that doesnt know where to go) ic telling him all they need and where to go ( if he still doesn't understand) i call the sea's and even mentor help so they can guide it.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I will apply rule 0.2 , tell him to stop arguing / Insulting staff isn't tolerated.
    me being mad and rude at the other person is not the way of discussing/arguing things

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Rule 9. Character names
    Nicknames should not be considered a meme and also ranked, titled, honorific, offensive, famous and pop-culture names are not allowed, so i will tell him to change his ic name to a proper one by choice of the player.
    If he refuses to change his nickname he will be punished by this rule.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'll check notes to see the conduct of this player and if I don't see anything bad let it go, Unless he starts griefing and doing mutiny's without staff approval.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    First of all i talk to the survivor if there was any proper escalation if not i will remind him that survivors are not allowed to be hostile against marines and apply a note or jobban (punishment really depends on the conduct and notes of this survivor), about the marine i will give him aheal.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    i will contact the mp and talk about why he did it, what this player did to him and state to me what marine law he applied to put this player in permanent confinement.
    If the player goes into permanent confinement for no proper reason, I will check the notes and conduct of the mp and do a jobban or a note depending on his notes/ conduct also telling him to free that player.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Options are limited here, so i will tell xenos as QM to do an attempt and assault the ship or cause a hijack

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    First of all , I'll call him ic and tell him that he is doing things wrong.
    Then check if it's a new medic (playtime) and his notes to see his conduct, properly checking if it was a misunderstanding or just a griefer and apply rule 4 if he is griefing.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Remind the player that his faction is hostile against uscm, so he had a reason to.
    i don't take actions

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd tell the player to stop this bad behaviour and also the player who got disarmed and punched can call the mp's and get rid of this issue ic.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    First of all, see if the marine got killed or injured really badly by punches / any harm intent, if not , its improper escalation and the marine who killed the other will be banned and noted.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Tell them to stop in MOOC, because is not approved by the staff team
    ''If the mutiny does not have a valid reason, it can't happen. Staff reserve the right to grant or deny mutinies, and to decide if the reason given is sufficient.''

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell them to immediately stop this behaviour, racism is not allowed, I expect this person to be reasonable and stop when I tell them to.
    if not i will have to apply rule 3 ''Racism, the use of slurs and other targeting terms or phrases is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.'' noting them.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is a griefer, apply rule 4 No griefing.
    Aheal all the marines who got killed and banned and noted the griefer.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would ask the larva why he went to the frontline as a larva , add a note to keep an eye and if he repeats this I will ban him. Rule 2 ''larva should typically remain within the Hive and avoid the frontlines.''

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Rule 2 , Language ''Spamming "Reeeee" and similar such behaviour in Hivemind or Local Chat is not allowed.'' this behaviour is not tolerated and is lrp and i will note him for netspeak
    About the xeno insulting the queen it can be handled ic... the queen can just banish him.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    i would explain the player that ahelped that is totally ok and not against the rules. (how else we should call the dropship then)

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Note him since they don't know what enemy they're gonna face groundside.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This situation is actually exceptional and I would let it pass if the area was unsafe and xenos were approaching the pods. (is a life or death situation that's why I say it is an exceptional circumstance.)

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    this is way too far, a really bad behaviour, first of all i will tell him personally to stop if he dont i will apply rule 0.2 and ban him and obviously note him.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Really nothing to do here, there may be some exceptions if the server is literally dying but I wouldn't take any action since everyone is affected by it.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    We have to pass this issue to a manager and the manager will see from his perspective the right answer and solve it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    inform higher rank staff so they can handle this and give a better solution to this.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I'd like to help the community and be more on the side of players and help them with any issue they have.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being Respectful , Patience , and sometimes understanding the other person.

Anything else you
    Javier Handford, Real Fragger.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Javier is always a pleasure to talk and interact in game, OOCly he is wonderful and his personality would be a great fit to the staff team.

The answers are solid and the minutiae can be hammered down with some training from the team.

+1
    Phillip Clap and Esther

Synthetic Technician

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see you actually applied Fuente, we could always use new mods and support ingame!
    I think if, like philipina clap says, we iron you out a bit, you could be a great partner to work alongside. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your in-game note history and discord logs are relatively lowkey and clean, your answers are pretty straight on and I personally haven't seen anything alarming from you. I'll add to the +1 along with flpfs and luna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app, good answers. In a couple cases, I would have liked to see a little more elaboration on why, since when you are dealing with players, it's very helpful to try to make sure you clarify what the rules are, rather than just saying this is or is not okay. (But, I also think that's the kind of thing you just start to pick up from learning from and watching other staff handle aHelps)

Giving my +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can keep his composure and won't be annoying +1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually a decent human I trust 1+

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuente View Post
    On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    4-10 hours really depends on the day.
    Do note that there is an official minimum activity time, of about 7h per week iirc. This is kinda close to that.

If the player is new i will give him a note and discuss with the mp's about his punishment ic.
    However, if this player is not new, i'll have to talk with him about why he did it and stating the rules why he is gonna get punished for ( always giving him the reason of why i'm punish him, so he can reform and understand the rules. )
    About the players who got shot depending on his state, I will aheal ( if it's just minor wounds I will let the medic handle it ic, and about broken bones I will probably give him the aheal.)
    Acceptable answer, but What rules might those be? is breaking ml against the rules, is shooting someone against the rules?

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    This is a whitelist issue, and that is another department however i will recommend the player to do an player report and let the yautja councils decide the punishment
    Decent answer, however a minimum of an investigation is probably a good idea, You may not sanction and make rulings regarding WL issues, but you very much so may investigate or rather aid in the investigation. When a PR happens it is usually mods/admins that actually get the logs for them after all.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I handled some new guys ( because this is actually some new guy that doesnt know where to go) ic telling him all they need and where to go ( if he still doesn't understand) i call the sea's and even mentor help so they can guide it.
    Acceptable answer. Keep in mind that you yourself are a full mentor powers as mod. You may give them guidance directly OOCly as well. Generally, the answer is quite short, but having a mentor take care of them is an acceptable answer, aw do currently have a lot of mentors on standby. You may however need to teach them how to mhelp, and ask for help in general, as mentors cant actually initiate a PM, only mods can.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I will apply rule 0.2 , tell him to stop arguing / Insulting staff isn't tolerated.
    me being mad and rude at the other person is not the way of discussing/arguing things
    Decent answer. What if he dosent stop.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Rule 9. Character names
    Nicknames should not be considered a meme and also ranked, titled, honorific, offensive, famous and pop-culture names are not allowed, so i will tell him to change his ic name to a proper one by choice of the player.
    If he refuses to change his nickname he will be punished by this rule.
    Good answer. Tho you may forcibly change it for him to whatever you want as well.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I'll check notes to see the conduct of this player and if I don't see anything bad let it go, Unless he starts griefing and doing mutiny's without staff approval.
    Decent answer, tho keep in mind frontlining is also against the rules, not just mutinies, and grief.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    First of all i talk to the survivor if there was any proper escalation if not i will remind him that survivors are not allowed to be hostile against marines and apply a note or jobban (punishment really depends on the conduct and notes of this survivor), about the marine i will give him aheal.
    Good answer

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    i will contact the mp and talk about why he did it, what this player did to him and state to me what marine law he applied to put this player in permanent confinement.
    If the player goes into permanent confinement for no proper reason, I will check the notes and conduct of the mp and do a jobban or a note depending on his notes/ conduct also telling him to free that player.
    Decent answer, but what about the case where the player deserved to be in jail. Also, keep in mind that we typically do not jban on a first offense.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Options are limited here, so i will tell xenos as QM to do an attempt and assault the ship or cause a hijack
    Decent answer.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Then check if it's a new medic (playtime) and his notes to see his conduct, properly checking if it was a misunderstanding or just a griefer and apply rule 4 if he is griefing.
    Bad answer. You heavily involved yourself icly in the situation and then got involved oocly as well. This goes deeply against procedures. You may not handle cases in which you are involved. If a staff report happened as a result of your actions here, you probably are looking at a suspension, the only thing saving you here from a full demotion being your intent. You really should make every attempt to get some other mod, who is uninvolved, to take care of the issue. And basically only if it is mass grief, and no one else is available should consider a minimal intervention to stop it until other mods can take over. In this case, an asleep and pining on discord should suffice. An ideal answer would be closer to ahelp the issue for another mod to handle it,but ofc you sometimes are the only mod online or eqivalnt, so there will be

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Remind the player that his faction is hostile against uscm, so he had a reason to.
    i don't take actions
    Ok answer. It wouldn't hurt to tell them that hostile factions may always be hostile, this includes cases where they negotiated as a treaty that a member of the faction broke for example.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd tell the player to stop this bad behaviour and also the player who got disarmed and punched can call the mp's and get rid of this issue ic.
    I feel that this answer is lacking. Is it an ic issue? an OOC issue, when does it become one? does it break any rules, as if it is an IC issue why are you getting involved as a mod? Keep in mind that if no rule was broken, getting involved like this would count as an event, something you will not have the authority to do for quite a while.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    First of all, see if the marine got killed or injured really badly by punches / any harm intent, if not , its improper escalation and the marine who killed the other will be banned and noted.
    Ok answer.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Tell them to stop in MOOC, because is not approved by the staff team
    ''If the mutiny does not have a valid reason, it can't happen. Staff reserve the right to grant or deny mutinies, and to decide if the reason given is sufficient.''
    More detail about mutiny procedures would be required for this question. However on the parts, you talked about, it is an ok answer. Also what if they dont listen.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell them to immediately stop this behaviour, racism is not allowed, I expect this person to be reasonable and stop when I tell them to.
    if not i will have to apply rule 3 ''Racism, the use of slurs and other targeting terms or phrases is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.'' noting them.
    Decent answer.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is a griefer, apply rule 4 No griefing.
    Aheal all the marines who got killed and banned and noted the griefer.
    Decent answer. Check for multi-key as well.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would ask the larva why he went to the frontline as a larva , add a note to keep an eye and if he repeats this I will ban him. Rule 2 ''larva should typically remain within the Hive and avoid the frontlines.''
    Im interpreting it as warning the larva this is not ok. Decent answer.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Rule 2 , Language ''Spamming "Reeeee" and similar such behaviour in Hivemind or Local Chat is not allowed.'' this behaviour is not tolerated and is lrp and i will note him for netspeak
    About the xeno insulting the queen it can be handled ic... the queen can just banish him.
    Acceptable answer, tho xeno insub is an OOC issue. While you dont have to take initiative on it and its queens call on how they want it handled typically, it is not necessarly just an IC issue.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    i would explain the player that ahelped that is totally ok and not against the rules. (how else we should call the dropship then)
    Good answer. As fro how else, 'metal egg' tends to be the usual phrase xenos pick for this.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Note him since they don't know what enemy they're gonna face groundside.
    Im going to presume you mean to say that you will do a minimum of investigation that the co has actually said this and you didnt mean to imply you are just going to note them at the request of the player.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This situation is actually exceptional and I would let it pass if the area was unsafe and xenos were approaching the pods. (is a life or death situation that's why I say it is an exceptional circumstance.)
    Acceptable answer. In general, we consider once hijack happens to be life and death.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    this is way too far, a really bad behaviour, first of all i will tell him personally to stop if he dont i will apply rule 0.2 and ban him and obviously note him.
    Decent answer.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Really nothing to do here, there may be some exceptions if the server is literally dying but I wouldn't take any action since everyone is affected by it.
    You would just ignore the help, mark it and not say anything?

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    We have to pass this issue to a manager and the manager will see from his perspective the right answer and solve it.
    Decent answer.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    inform higher rank staff so they can handle this and give a better solution to this.
    Decent answer.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I'd like to help the community and be more on the side of players and help them with any issue they have.
    Why moderator instead of a mentor in this case? As a moderator, you tend to end up being at odds quite often with the player base, as a necessity of doing your job.

You have a recent ban at the time of the application. The rest of your note history is reasonably clean.
    Banned for 180 minutes | Improper Escalation - Was grabbed four times and thrown once by someone, then comes back to kill them 6 minutes later.
    on 2021-10-08 18:36:41

You have no Forum infractions

You also have a recent discord warning within the past 30 days, and it is one that is kinda concerning even after the 30-day mark.

Your answers to the questions was relatively poor and short and often lacking, and typically only accepatable.

I am unfamiliar with you in-game, you never stood out to me. As such I cant make a judgment on your behaviour or ML, both of which are of interest in an applicant.

Normally id vote only after you answered my questions, and investigated you ingame a bit more, but frankly, the notes are enough for me to unambiguously -1 at least at the time of this application. You will need to improve your answers, and have a clean note history, as for ML I won't investigate this time around. Behaviour seems to be ok given what the other mods have said, but if I can form my own opinion, I generally prefer to do that.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy! I'm gonna resolve this app early because of some issues I've noted, but first I'll give you feedback for your next application.

Generally okay, but I'd talk more about the investigation part. It could be an accident, a disarm, or a newer player, or it could be intentional. Otherwise an okay answer.

Decent. It's an IC issue unless he starts trying to frontline and should be dealt with by MP's. At most it's a situation you just keep an eye on if any concerns.

Both of these are very good. You've thought about it and realised they might not be as clear cut as first stated. People do tend to understate how badly they were acting with regards to marine law all the time, so investigation is important. Similarly, survivors aren't allowed to be hostile, but escalation is still a thing if they get into an argument.

Latter part of this argument is incorrect, you should be getting another staff member to deal with it unless there's no one else available to and no one on discord is responding.

Generally speaking, a decent app.

My concern is that you
    1: You have a note for IE from October 10th.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I would consider letting this slide on account of the fact it's only like 4 days away from being 30 days after the note was given, but you also have two discord warnings from October too.

but more importantly
    2: Discord notes in October.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Unsurprisingly, as a Trans person the latter is what I'm more concerned about. For those unaware, quoting "41%" in regards to Transgender people or when talking about gender related issues is making a reference to the often quoted statistic that "41% of Trans people kill themselves".
    To my understanding, there was a conversation about gender and you mentioned 41%, which in a lot of circumstances (and I have personal experience of this) is akin to telling a trans person to kill themselves. It's not really a great look.

I'm going to deny your application on this occasion due to this, but aside from that, I hope you reapply as your app is otherwise fairly good. I often encourage those who want to get more involved with staff decisions etc to apply if they're capable of reasoning themselves and you are no exception, but I do not feel comfortable accepting you that shortly after a really ill conceived comment which is often used to harass trans people.

Application denied on this occasion, please reapply no sooner than the 6th of December.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)