User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are Military Police neccessary?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

17 43.59%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Military Police?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Military Police?

NOTE: The poll is about whether MPs are necessary, as in required for the server and gamemode as a whole to function. You can still like MPs and like playing them, but think they're not necessary.

I'm generally curious as to how the community feels about Military Police, and their role within the game.

An argument could easily be made that they're at the end of the day unnecessary and only disrupt the flow of rounds.

A counter argument could also be made that they're the only thing maintaining the integrity of the game's RP, and without them the server would fall into chaos.

Personally my opinions would stray towards the former over the latter. TGMC is a good example of my reasoning behind this. There are no MPs on that server AND it's Low RP. Therefore each round should revolve into people shooting each other, trolling, disrupting the round.. but it simply isn't. In most cases players on TGMC are BETTER behaved than on CMSS13 (from what I've seen), and I have hundreds of hours between both servers.

Anything the MPs could do the admins could do better, and easier.

Of course that's just my own opinion about them and I'm eager to hear what other people think!
    Last edited by Durbles; 11-05-2021 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Clarification

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs are a great way for marines to relieve stress so yes they are necessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MP thread #4,353. Cant wait for what new and exciting community-feedback we get in this one!!!!!!! :3

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurker complaints week is over, now we get out MP complaints week, then we get something else.

Who's the server's main astologist? I want to know what's the next week's gonna be in advance.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacough View Post
    MPs are a great way for marines to relieve stress so yes they are necessary.
    Relieve stress at the cost of other players being unable to play the round?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mp is played by people who power trip for committing the smallest ML offences in video game. We removed MPs for a whole week one time and briefing was fine, deployment was fine. Everything was fine. TGMC works just ok with 0 MPs and we did too for the test. They don't reinforce RP. Going out of the round for 15 minutes at the least when you consider arrest, transport, processing, and actually boarding the transport to deploy is stupid. It's one of those things where no one really cares and acts normal. But once MPs start some shit and marines defend themselves, because the marines get antagonised a riot breaks out. A riot started by MPs over bullshit no one cares about except them. Then people proclaim that MPs help stop riots, while they're the guys starting it in the first place. If you ever wanna see people who care way too much for video game ML just play a round where there's a mutiny or fun consensual brawl between people. The next round there is a 100% chance there will be quite a few MPs because they saw what happened last round (people having fun, but not their idea of fun, so it must not be allowed!) And will stomp on their parade.

Here's things that can get you brigged for at least 15 mins if you include processing, transport and time ect.

Boarding Alamo and going AFK if command doesn't like that you're not in briefing

Dropping a weapon on the floor

Ignoring the butter bar SO who has not played more then 30 hours of cm total.

Having fun with your mates by consensually brawling and fucking about for fun, and injuring each other in the process

Being a noob and actually accidentally misclicking and hurting someone. The amount of times I've had to save a poor PVT from some power tripping MP as an SL is insane

Hacking into squad req (which no longer exists thank allah). This is extremely noticeable, as all people did as SL was spam out everything in req to their squad. But if you hack it you no longer have to and it's open season. Plus people don't have to whine for SL to open it. Plus it's first drop, SL is deployed already and there is literally no way to access squad req. Hacking it open just allows people to get what they want, and the SL doesn't have to stand there for 4-8 minutes. Which means the SL can gear up. Getting shit from engi, a kit from req or some shit from medical, or dear lord even an early 12:15 briefing is not compatable eith a non hacked squad req.

Let us not forget on lowpop or if SL or spec is bald, and most of the time specs never dumped squad req cause they wanna do spec shit. Squad req wouldn't be accessed. So an engi or someone just hacks it open so people can actually GET SHIT they enjoy using, MPs throw a tantrum and arrest people involved. Ive been arrested dozens and dozens of times as SL because I hacked my squad req open so I can actually have free time to use to get things before first drop. And if I'm not there cause I'm deployed, late spawns can get shit too. But MPs can't have that, because it makes too much sense and will arrest people for basic normal things like wanting access to attachies. The sheer amount of stupid MPs arresting over squad reqs has really impacted my opinion on MPs that they are 90% of the time entirely useless. Pure power tripping people saying they do it 'because the book says so" but the book really doesn't fucking matter. They do it so they can impose their will on others and inflate their ego. It's ok though because the RP standards were upheld guys. The RP has really improved guys, because I brigged 2 deltards hitting each other with fire extinguishers buckled onto chairs. And a PVT who mis clicked cause it's his first fucking round. I'm a very good MP guys! I am the only barrier between us and extreme LRP!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as much as i hate to say it mps shouldnt be removed

if they get removed then we'll most likely be moving to OOC enforcement, and i definitely dont want an admin crawling up my ass and permanently noting me for minor shit that could've been handled icly via mps

id much rather prefer a whitelist or some shit to weed out the pieces of shit who play the role just to steal other people's fun of the round by putting them in a box for the majority of the round
    Last edited by Pyrodes; 11-05-2021 at 06:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about you folks but if they remove MPs and change ML punishments to OOC punishments, I'll get loads of notes after breaking a glass window or hacking a console. Also some MPs are cool and you can always brawl with unrobust MPs.

Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    Lurker complaints week is over, now we get out MP complaints week, then we get something else.

Who's the server's main astologist? I want to know what's the next week's gonna be in advance.
    Something like people asking why RTOs don't get VP78 as default anymore or rants about marine kits removal.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why are we having this argument again

shut up shut up shut up

zab makes a good argument btw we should get rid of or stop mp powertrippers who arrest and apply the maximum punishment for every minor crime
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuprisedBaby_ View Post
    MP thread #4,353. Cant wait for what new and exciting community-feedback we get in this one!!!!!!! :3
    the message you have entered is too short