User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are Military Police neccessary?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

17 43.59%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Military Police?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    Lurker complaints week is over, now we get out MP complaints week, then we get something else.

Who's the server's main astologist? I want to know what's the next week's gonna be in advance.
    Next week! "State of RP on CM"

Can't wait.

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thread different day

These arguments have been repeated since the start of time

Also MP's are being reworked hopefully sometime in the future so..........
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this discussion is already done with, back to bitching about lurkers until they get nerfed thank you CCCC:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without MPs
    -Wake up from cryo
    -tackle my friend as banter
    -shake him up afterwards
    -we are both happy

With MPs
    -wake up from cryo
    -tackle my friend as banter
    -mp immediately wakes up while im doing this
    -mp man arrests me from tackling my friend
    -friend say thats bullshit
    -friend protects me and tries to take me from bad MP man
    -people join because MPs suck
    -MP get swarmed
    -MP cry to admins.
    -Admin gets headache. Proceed to note people except the MP

Are there really downsides in removing MPs at this point? They give more work to moderators and derail rounds. You cant remove the fact that the 1 week MP test was tame and the crimes people were doing was stealing command headset/breaking into medbay storage which can be solved by developers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah MPs are useless too
    Hours ago we had 2 xenos invade almayer and full wipe a full MP roster that a provost ERT was sent to unfuck the situation.

Might as well make the almayer a full military ship without civvies if they're that useless.
    Literally one fucking job and they suck at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then go play on TGMC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper Wilson View Post
    then go play on TGMC.
    tgmc weeds suck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    tgmc weeds suck
    yeah but if someone hates the MP role to the point where it bothers em, then they can go play on TGMC. I dont know much about the weeds on TGMC so i will take your word for it.
    but in short MP are staying despite what players might think or want. get over it. you dont have to interact with MPs, dont break ML and there goes like 9 of 10 times MPs might even stop you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper Wilson View Post
    yeah but if someone hates the MP role to the point where it bothers em, then they can go play on TGMC. I dont know much about the weeds on TGMC so i will take your word for it.
    but in short MP are staying despite what players might think or want. get over it. you dont have to interact with MPs, dont break ML and there goes like 9 of 10 times MPs might even stop you.
    one sole role that is causing problems to balance, and doesnt really have any functional use other than to powertrip players when 9 of 10 times marines dont even commit a crime
    the reason we barely had RP with is because MPs have OOC protection. Why do you think people rush the dropship now?

Most of the rounds theres no MPs too and the rounds go smoothly.
    Playing TGMC is not a solution to a problem. We had the MP test and it shows that they're nothing but a menace that derails the rounds and causes problems for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    the reason we barely had RP with is because MPs have OOC protection. Why do you think people rush the dropship now?
    Ignoring the rest because personal experiences may vary and such. People have always rushed the dropship, because briefing is useless 99% of the time. During all my years of on and off MP play. The average amount of RP MP's get when doing anything, is a swift equip of the shotgun, and PB to the face over /everything/. A lot of the times I watch people cry about having done nothing, in the discords, ooc, or dead chat, is almost always filled with unapologetic lies.

Now, on the other hand. There's a fuck ton of power tripping mps, I understand and see why people hate MP players because of them. But the funny thing about marine law is. And MPs who're OOC RULE BOUND to follow marine law. It can be turned around on MPs pretty easily. Or talked your way out of charges if you're savvy.

However most marines choose the path of murder and jailbreaks (this usually works as well, because unless the MP team has more then 2 players, it's impossible to do shit in brig right.) which have a stiff penalty of longer fucking brig timers (perma)

A lot of the MP hate is perception, that they're out there to ruin your fun. Which is fair, and many do do it. I personally feel like MP should have a god damn whitelist most of the time. But well, now you're under another whitelist problem.