User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are Military Police neccessary?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

17 43.59%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Military Police?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a problem with this thread is that it's a loaded question against MPs.

"as in required for the server and gamemode as a whole to function."
    You really wanna look at only MPs instead of every single role with that magnify glass bruh?

People can make arguments that POs or SOs can be removed and not change anything. Git gud at your drama threads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper Wilson View Post
    yeah but if someone hates the MP role to the point where it bothers em, then they can go play on TGMC. I dont know much about the weeds on TGMC so i will take your word for it.
    but in short MP are staying despite what players might think or want. get over it. you dont have to interact with MPs, dont break ML and there goes like 9 of 10 times MPs might even stop you.
    thats just dishonest. TGMC and CM are very different servers. just "go play a different server" and "dont break the law" aren't good arguments. its bad faith. if i want to play TGMC i would be playing TGMC but i want to play CM. same deal with "just dont break the law" as there are alot of stupid laws that can just take you out of the game and be abused. like being arrested for wearing the wrong shoes or having a rifle out in breif. or in old days hacking the squadreq

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    security: good
    mp: bad
    literally, I don't think I remember the last time I saw an ss13 sec and I felt like beating the shit out of them. it's only in CM13 and I guess some rare instance in skyrat where all sec are furries so I can give less of shit killing them.
    how do we fix MP? I don't know, you can't fix players. you certainly can weed out the undesirable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post

Here's things that can get you brigged for at least 15 mins if you include processing, transport and time ect.

Boarding Alamo and going AFK if command doesn't like that you're not in briefing

Dropping a weapon on the floor

Ignoring the butter bar SO who has not played more then 30 hours of cm total.

Having fun with your mates by consensually brawling and fucking about for fun, and injuring each other in the process

Being a noob and actually accidentally misclicking and hurting someone. The amount of times I've had to save a poor PVT from some power tripping MP as an SL is insane
    !
    There is no question that MPs need either more restrictions, or a better way to punish MPs who fail to follow SOP or abuse their power, with that in mind:

1. You can't and shouldn't be arrested for consensual brawling. It's literally in the opening of the round where it says rule changes.

2.Boarding Alamo and going AFK is shit and you can technically be arrested for it, but you also shouldn't be, most of the time a NJP (to get to briefing) is more appropriate, and if you are properly AFK and SSD you won't be arrested you'll be brought to brig Cryo or normal cryo.

3. Dropping a weapon on the floor? Yeah I'm not sure where that one comes from, I see MPs occasionally ask marines to holster something, but dropping your gun isn't a crime if an MP tries to arrest you for that,radio the CMP or ahelp.

4. Being a noob and actually accidentally misclicking and hurting someone. The amount of times I've had to save a poor PVT from some power tripping MP as an SL is insane -I really agree with this one, often MPs are unable too or don't attempt to get intent, as a CMP when appealing I will always ask (for assault) did you hit them (or shoot) once or more than once and find that out first. If it's once then I'm 90% likely to let it off as a misfire or miss-hit.

The problem here is both with Marine Law having some flaws, and MPs needing to be kept under a tigher leash, if you want to play MP you should be held to a higher standard under IC ML.

Though if you get a good CMP or MW this is usually negated by appeals, and issuing MPs with NOD charges for not following procedure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valo View Post
    thats just dishonest. TGMC and CM are very different servers. just "go play a different server" and "dont break the law" aren't good arguments. its bad faith. if i want to play TGMC i would be playing TGMC but i want to play CM. same deal with "just dont break the law" as there are alot of stupid laws that can just take you out of the game and be abused. like being arrested for wearing the wrong shoes or having a rifle out in breif. or in old days hacking the squadreq

Agree with this totally:

I think ML needs some major changes, as well as adding more roleplay options or Marine MP interactions, for example having MPs have more ways to be punished through ML than Marines, thus forcing them to toe the line more, and allowing abusive MPs to be reported to HC or CMP/MW.

I also think that reports against MPs should be taken more seriously, and done more often.

Though I don't think the issue is with the role, but the application of the role, I know every time I've raised this the answer has been no, but maybe a ML whitelist roll which allows said roll to demote MPs (like an inspector or investigator) and is seperated from standard MP chain of command (but held to the same strictness that other WL roles are like Synth and CO) might help? Or maybe giving SEA's the ability to fufill a roll similar to this.

Inspectors should have no power to arrest anyone but should have power to order arrests. And more-specifically, should focus primarily on appeals, and marine/mp complaints, also opens up for a ML council which could help hanle and suggest Jbans for MPs, MPCs, and CMPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dropping your weapon is a crime. Read SOP. Dropping pill bottles or injectors on the ground also is. Dropping a single pill is. Its violating SOP and can get you for an easy 20-25 minutes if you include everything involved and trying to deploy afterwards.

Aboard the ship, weapons must remain holstered when not in use. Under normal circumstances, weapons may only be fired in the firing range. Weaponry may not be left unattended unless it is properly secured in spaces intended for it (weapon racks, gun cabinets, etc.). Medicines may not be left out in the open. All pills must be contained within properly labeled pill bottles, and syringes, autoinjectors, surgery tools, and other medical devices must be placed within their designated containers (surgery trays, medical bags, etc.)

Also command can just say "All get to briefing" or "dont board until brief over" and boom easy insub and NoD or SOP.

People are really underestimating how easy it is to be a shitter MP if you want to. You can just go to any prep, see people dropping weapons, or go to medical and see people dropping splints or some shit and easily arrest like 1/3 of all marines.
    Last edited by ZAB1019; 11-11-2021 at 02:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once got arrested for being out of uniform right after spawning in when the power was out and I literally could not open the doors to my squad prep. Fuck MPs.