Date of Incident
    November 5, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Prime Lurker (BOO-594)

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    50RemAndCounting

Accused Character Name
    Mia

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    13:30-14:30 GMT

What rule(s) were broken:
    Synthetic Programming Rule Six

Description of the incident:
    Managed to sneak onto the ship pre-hijack and was a bit of a nuisance. After an engagment I started running off to heal after getting bucked and Mia begins to give chase.. for quite a distance just to stab me..
    tldr Mia left two injured marines to chase my wounded ass around the ship

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused? (Bear in mind Management retain the final decision depending on escalation and the seriousness of the allegation):
    Doubt my opinion counts

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A "bit of a nuisance". Really. I counted around a dozen permakilled marines at the minimum by the time I went shipside myself. Which I only did because so much shipside staff died, otherwise I as a synthetic would be more needed to stay groundside, but a lack of comms and the death of marine command and requisitions is an extraordinary situation. I felt it prudent to give you chase to prevent you from harming the marines further, given the circumstances. Otherwise I would have likely died myself as well.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's a bit of a tricky grey area as it wasn't delta alert so I assume you're still bound to standard combat restrictions but obviously shipside was in dire need of help. I did ahelp the matter and was advised to make the report to clarify the ruling. Hopefully this report will clear everything up
    ps you should've chased the burrower instead of me as he was actually in the process of harming your buddies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why, though? My other options were to run into burrower's killzone, then get sandwiched between him and you who'd return a minute later and kill me. I was going to decon the tcomms wall to go around the resin traps but I couldn't do that if you'd just pounce me and hit me with the satan slow slash. So, again, I feel I've done the best I could in that situation, afterwards, I ran back to CIC to ask for more help and those dead marines were revived. Because for all I knew, if I didn't chase you there you'd have went in the tcomms hall and killed the last marine inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why? By your own admission you leaving the marines got them both killed by the burrower. You could've treated the marine outside with a quick patch. You could've pulled the marine inside of t-comms out as the nearest trap just popped and the burrower used their stomp. Hell you could've easily gone in and smacked the burrower in, I was way too injured to come back and fight against a synth and a marine.

Instead, you left two injured marines to fend off a burrower by themselves as you went off on a jolly to secure a kill on a heavily injured lurker clearly trying to disengage (thanks damage sprites). Running me off past the first corner to give the marines some breathing room? sure. The second corner? ok fair. Benny hilling me around the fuelpumps? a tad too much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a magic wand that makes marines not die just by me being present. There's also another synthetic rule to adhere to, saying "do not perform needlessly suicidal actions, your self preservation comes first". For all I knew if I hadn't given chase you would have went after me immediately into tcomms and killed me, then almost certainly nobody would've helped those marines due to comms being down and everybody running around like headless chickens. So knowing all that, amd knowing there's more armed people just twiddling their thumbs in cic directionlessly, I really fail to see how was me doing what I did not only the smartest thing I could've done is to apply more pressure onto you tomake you not come back to finish the job so soon.

Context, man. If there weren't over a dozen permakilled humans all over the ship and the comms weren't down then yeah, me chasing you wouldn't make sense at all, but that round's situation essentially felt like a delta alert without the hijack, and I made a decision to act upon it. And again, before and after the video events, I helped marines in tcomms, dragged em from the burrower traps, kitted em and kept them alive and finally fixed tcomms. I could've stayed groundside as well, nobody ever asked me to do anything as is usually the case, and I'm certain my intervention prevented much more marine deaths, which I feel upheld the synth's primary assignment (as described on the wiki) and the first synthetic rule. I will say no more on this.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synth senator here.

50Rem's point of context is extremely important here. His chase wouldn't have been warranted if you only killed a few marines or slashed tcomms, that is 100% true. However, there were over a dozen permakilled humans, tcomms were down, and there was another alien on the ship. Delta alert is essentially when the ship goes FUBAR, I.E: a dropship slamming into the hull of the ship, or the entire ship being killed by some aliens that snuck on.

He encountered a situation that no synth has been in before, and he played it logically. Do you expect the android to sit by as the hostile aliens kill whatever marines remain? What would've happened if he had done that? Would the aliens just have said "ah yeah the synth is fine, just a robot". You would've killed the synth after the marines anyways, so the synth made the logical decision to wipe out the threat to the mission.

This report is closed. No action taken.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't really see the logic in taking two marines (one being a PO) to go hunt xenomorphs in the deepest darkest part of the ship that have killed over a DOZEN personal. The only thing Mia accomplished was getting both said marines killed. But hey, bringing more reinforcements groundside up or rallying the very large group of marines in CiC clearly wasn't the logical decision.

Synthetic Combat Restrictions During Code Delta/Hijack
    Once Delta Alert is activated, the synthetic unit's combat restrictions are revoked in order to protect its own life, and the lives of the surviving members.

Can you reword this please to ''synthetics are free to hunt anyside xenomorphs shipside because why not'' and while you're at it, give synthetics the option to go delta mode groundside because the OP is a bit FUBAR, cheers.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst denied this report was accidentally left open allowing you to reply.

Please control your attitude as being snarky isn't going to make any improvements. The senator made a decision, and after reviewing the evidence given I sustain his decision. Combat of any forms on the ship by a synthetic, excluding outright hijack will always be closely reviewed. In this case as explained, 50rem made the best choice of those available to conserve their own life and those within their purview.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001