User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help and opinions on stabilizer pills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help and opinions on stabilizer pills

I noticed revivals can be pretty uh...chaotic. A few things can go wrong and make them dead too. If you have mulitple bodies stabilizing all seems to take a while. So I came up with an idea, but it wasn't as well received as I thought.

I called it Stabilizer. I put 3.75U of these chems 8 into one pill:
    Dex plus
    Tricord
    kelo
    derm
    inapro
    peridaxon
    bicar
    oxycodone

60 of each in 480 container, split into 16 pills

The chems last about 1.5 minutes in the body, with peri about 3 minutes. It is basically all effects but IS, IA, quickclot and dylo

The idea is this pill would cover all cases and buy you 1.5 minutes on that guy, or fully recover him. Oxygen damage is blocked and recovered, brute and burn recov for close aliens, gunfire, etc, the guy will stand up soon from oxy (run away!), organ damage blocked, minor toxin recovery, blood loss effects blocked, and only minor chance of OD. If you do OD it would only be for 1.5 minutes. You can give any medicine afterwards due to low units. You can even give it to crit or other situations just as a fire and forget. Or if mulitiple medics were feeding a guy you most likely won't OD if you just did this pill.

As for manufacture, I figured out the fastest way to make it and got 6 pill bottles of 8 pills before ship departs, so although I took one med station I could outfit 6 medics at least with it for panic situations or last resort no supplies left.

The pill...wasn't well received. Tried it for 3 nurse rounds and forced medics to take it. One or 2 thanked me, others thought it was not nessasary. Some saying inapro IS the stabilizer. What do you guys think? Is it not nessasary? Is it still too high of an OD chance? Is it just too new and I should call it unga plus or something? The negativity was enough to make me believe I am just wasting my time with this concept.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    medics like pills having only 1 reagent per pill because it gives them more flexibility when avoiding ODs

However these pills do sound pretty useful because they are basically small tb + kd + ina in small enough doses to not usually OD.

I would say remove the oxy as that is not needed + may cause ODs more often, it also doesn't actually make the guy recover from the defib stun sooner. They can feed them a tram pill if by some chance the marine has zero painkillers in their system.

Iniap is the main stabiliser as it blocks oxygen damage but many medics run into situations where they don't feed other pills fast enough and the guy dies from accumulated wounds or accumulating brute etc. So I think this would actually help quite a lot!

The thing is : cm players hate change. And by hate I mean they HATE it. They like sticking to the patterns they know, the ones they have always used, and RARELY changing unless it's on their own terms. You will especially see this with medics because medic loadouts are very minmaxed and optimised - many medics will swear by their loadouts while simultaneously espousing every other loadout as suboptimal and awful. You'll likely have more luck convincing newer medics that have not settled into routines and patterns than old medic players who rarely change. Also most people think that nurses are shit at the game and will never listen to them.

tldr, keep doing what you're doing, and keep talking to players about it. Convince them that it's useful. It took a few years to make everyone stop taking quickclot, but we can do something like that again
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking in front lines having the person get up as fast as possible for oxy, and also not everyone runs oxy so still seems unlikly OD, but maybe med spots are safe enough usually that they can just tram

hmm, so far I also got someone mentioning more tri would be useful. I could replace the 60U oxy with 60U more tri. 7.5U tri means another tri injection on top of it, usually 15U, will not OD a person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least it isn't when research makes 30 tri and 30 bicard units per pill and 30 derm 30 kelo per pill.
    Could you add your recipe into the reagent pouches so we can replace the revive injector pouch with your recipe? something to think about i spose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your problem was already solved by revival mix pouches which medics can get.
    Whenever i see a hardcrit person i just inject them instantly so i dont need to defib them. The revival mix contains peri-inaprovaline-epinephrine.

Inapro prevents someone from taking oxygen damage
    Peri prevents organ damage so no toxins.
    Epine is defib damage fix multiplier.

Theres no point in making these very complicated pills because medic mains are fast enough to treat someone instantly. Super pills are very hard to make and 90% of the playerbase knows how to treat themselves with the basic healing chems that they dont need this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    At least it isn't when research makes 30 tri and 30 bicard units per pill and 30 derm 30 kelo per pill.
    Could you add your recipe into the reagent pouches so we can replace the revive injector pouch with your recipe? something to think about i spose
    Also for zabs

120 bicaridine
    120 tricord - mix 60u inapro + dylo
    60 kelotane
    60 dermaline
    60 inaprovaline
    60 oxycodone

In a chem tank then click with pressure canister with a 45u EZ injector that acts like an emergency injector but better.
    No need to make it complicated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still getting a mixed vibe of useful or not useful. There's got to be times when pro medics have multiple dead bodies and panic, or are lazy/busy with some other task. Also kinda feels like an ez mode for new medics who panic over the dead. I do get that for other cases medics just have to revive, give a bicar or kelo pill, or are so wired to just hand them what they need under certain circumstances.

As it is 480 batch I could put in reagent container and have medics replace with revival if they want. It kinda is a revival canister with the ability to heal all 100 to 150 points. Nurses and doctors don't start out with revival pouches either but have the empty ones available so maybe I can fill those up for nurses/docs that want to go planetside. I guess I could double it for a tank too.

Speed isn't too much of a problem when you get used to it and memorize it. making it isn't that bad when optimized and without oxy (6 bottles) in 480 batches:

Bottles:
    120 Kelotane (2 bottles)
    60 dexalin
    60 inaprovaline
    60 dylovene

cut to make:
    80 kelotane
    20 dexalin

add chems:
    20 oxygen
    20 phosphorus
    20 carbon
    20 iron

Rest of bottles:
    60 inaprovaline
    60 bicaridine
    60 peridaxon (3 bottles)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I play medic or synth I prefer to have easy counts of what I’m pulling for to avoid ODs, it’s why I never pill around medics unless they’re leaving my patient alone. I personally wouldn’t use the pills because of the odd unit counts, but I also don’t bother with custom chems except IA and iron. You could try giving them out and seeing if the medics like them, a lot of people will take pill bottles they didn’t ask for like dex+ or oxy pills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im with stan (for CM players hating change, cause i personally do most of the time with my loadouts, and a lot of others if even given a new addition midround will likely forget about them) and with c4 because frankly ODs are sucky, and most of the time caused by double medicing, and using your routine and knowledge you can get everything in a person that actually NEEDS to be in a person. Single reagent type pills are usually accepted, as c4 said, because they already know exactly how the chems should be used without causing an OD or some other issue.

As for the speed healing factor, Medic revive mixes/epi and misc. and like 2 or 3 extra pills do the same job as a mega pill, and it can all be done during the defib timer for the most part. Most medics/synth/doctors feel comfy doing it this way. And although synth defib time is WAY faster, they can simply kit and pill before hand and revive in like 3 seconds, or take an extra minute and perform surgery in a addition.

Another thing, Oxycodone in pills is uhhh a questionable idea. if you dose someone up with a decent amount of oxy they are likely to emergency autoinjector themselves somewhere down the line and OD to death (happens way too much already). Especially if you dont tell them and or forget about it because of the giga pill you gave em in haste for reviving. Medics ODing with their own oxy is unlikely as you said. I dunno if my opinions even valid here.

Moral of the story, i was one of the people you gave a bottle of the stabilizers too, yet never used them because i was stuck on my normal routine and was scared off by the insane list of reagents when trying to tailor a triage. Injectors are a different story, def try sakuyoi's suggestion for it. Marines almost always grab a labled injector and use em, medics too occasionally. Medics ESPECIALLY if they are in a reagent pouch they can refill on. There is still the factor of them ODing on it, because of course marines are marines.
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make a good point, ive gotten rid of oxy. above recipe is double tri, no oxy.

I went with pill form because of how well they stack, but I can see the delay being a problem. if only one person fed this pill most likely the other med still wouldn't OD him, but if you both fed them this pill or fed them multiple of this pill....

As a nurse/doc with the starting PRC and research giving me 30x3 injector honestly it works pretty well. Maybe I can switch medic's revival with this "revival plus". Problem is if I want it I have to work with Research. Same with using a tank idea. Two rounds research was nonexistant and I had to break into their office to get the 30x3 injector myself. Getting injectors, and giving them to medics ESPECIALLY on first alamo cycle sounds near impossible.