User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help and opinions on stabilizer pills

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your "issue" is that pills don't work on dead bodies.. and medics like myself won't take that because it's got too much stuff in it to be ordered consistently, or made quickly. Even if I loved it.. if you aren't on there's no way I am making the first drop with that order.

Also.. with the surgical tool you shouldn't ever need to stabilize anyone. I spam burn/brutes, 5 seconds of surgical, feed them a Tribica pill, then defib
    3/4 of people will revive in yellow health, and you don't need the rest.

Since surgical line.. I don't even carry KD anymore. Just one more thing to wait in line for. Just dex+injectors, iron, and IA.

I mean... remove the dex and derm and you have some peoples version of "unga" juice.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since my time as nurse, doctor, and squad medic I have learned:

1) Honestly it works really great as a PRC with a syringe from research as a general purpose tool when dealing with multiple people or just lazy. low OD chance (although I still check for high numbers because I am paranoid) and I know with it they will at least recover a good amount before falling back down means I can just stab people and move on. Great for people who won't stand still yet have 50% or more dmg of whatever. If they are going to get stabbed by more xenos I would rather have SOME drugs in them working.

2) The chem stations are overwhelmed at round start with IS and IA, and sometimes KD and BT requests. Honestly IA and IS is way more important than having a generic lazy drug, so I just can't justify making it before first launch. After first launch

3) Getting an injector from research can be a pain in the ass. If I am doc I will be by FOB or APC anyway and rarely in the backlines does it get swamped enough that I wish I had it. If I am going in APC I don't have the time before I should board the APC too. If I am in FOB other medics don't want me to stab their patients so it really is only when 2+ are delivered just to me, or final FOB fight with marines running around before evac.

4) People are afraid of it and I am more afraid of ODing medics than I used to be so making it turns out to be a waste of time.

5) I would LOVE it as squad medic instead of my revival mix, but there's no way in hell I will get it from the staff in time. Hell, I have a hard enough time getting IS and IA when I am not doc.

If people really liked the fire and forget style on the frontlines more I would make it for them or replace their revival mix, but I rarely make it now. Maybe I will do more testing on random rounds.

TLDR: it works better than you would think but current chems systems and silly paranoid or ODing medics ruin it.