Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Popeye was powergaming every time he ate spinach. Dirty sailor
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly, I wish we could do away with pill bottles. Even now with all the QoL updates applied to them, they are still a burden. I'll always prefer injectors over them simply due to the fact you can quickly pop someone on the fly instead of having to bumble about with a pill bottle and cram it down their throat.

Course, injectors as they are now are not all that viable in the long run, and are mainly made for urgent situations where you don't have time to grab your pill bottle. I would love it if, in the future, they replaced basic injectors with special hypospray versions instead, which not only have a higher unit capacity, but can also be refilled AND adjustable (which can allow more control over how much drugs you pump into a person, reducing the chance of an OD)

Funny thing is, there IS an empty hypospray or two in medical that most people tend to ignore, and the ones in medical vendors come prestocked with tricord, which is a great drug to pair with either Kelo or Bicard to help speed up healing or to tend to minor wounds in a flash (again due to adjustable dose system). Very few medics ever utilize it, though...

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    You are wrong, ive had fights where I literally beat on the guy for 2 minutes before he finally goes down because he is healing faster than RNG is letting me do damage. It wont heal passed normal damage but when RNG is fucking you over it will heal faster than you can do damage. Especially now without mutators it is super easy to keep yourself in a fight alot longer with meds running through your system.
    Two things:

1. Meds actually work painfully slow when you're trying to treat someone you just revived. I've had a number of occasions where there was someone I needed to do surgery on as a doctor, but they had so much brute I had to pull them out of a stasis bag, fill them with bicaridine, and just wait for 2-3+ minutes for the damage to go down enough I could set bones, even after applying trauma kits.

2. "Xenos lost X, so Y should be nerfed even though it doesn't have as much of an impact as X" is a bad excuse when we're talking about things that help keep dying Marines alive.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nerocavalier View Post
    No, you'd have to add mechanics in order to make it viable and not completely trash. One pill has the same units as a syringe and can be applied much faster. Additionally, bottles hold way less than a pill bottle 60 to 240. Not only that but syringe comes with the ability to lose it permanently on harm intent which any good shotgun medic will be on. Pills don't have this drawback.
    Hyposprays are a thing but even they are blatantly crap compared to the pill format, so your point still stands.
    After all, 30 units capacity, 5 per injection. 5 / however many chems you have in your mix (2 for instances) = 2.5 inap, 2.5 bicard for instance. It's just far easier to just become a pez toy and feed marines pills like a Big Phama giant. Compare the auto injector to the standard syringe, 15 units capacity, 5 per each delayed injection, possiblity you have drawn blood from a marine by mistake and now you need to somehow get rid of it unless you want to risk poisoning people with incorrect blood types, Same maths as the auto injectors dosage. All in all Nerocavailer's statement on meds is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    Two things:
    2. "Xenos lost X, so Y should be nerfed even though it doesn't have as much of an impact as X" is a bad excuse when we're talking about things that help keep dying Marines alive.
    ^This plus MattAlas has already said that the change to remove mutators was to set a baseline for balance seeing as powercreeping was getting silly. Chances are that a balance is coming soon anyway so your idea for nerfing meds is pointless and detrimental on the whole. You even commented on this as well MasterShakeEZ
    Last edited by Mann handle; 02-20-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why? they could just do what they did with pills where you have a syringe in your hand and click on the bottle in your bag and it fills it without removing the bottle from the bag. Would be easy as fuck.
    Simply because syringes are cancer. You are not a medic main and I don't respect your opinion on the field of the matter.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    Simply because syringes are cancer. You are not a medic main and I don't respect your opinion on the field of the matter.
    Cool thanks for the explanation. Good discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool thanks for the explanation. Good discussion.
    Considering your points of view and arguments for syringes is baseless, I don't need any real credible argument. :^)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    Considering your points of view and arguments for syringes is baseless, I don't need any real credible argument. :^)
    Just because you don't main something doesn't mean you cant have ideas or opinons about something. I don't even understand your thought process at all. I don't main anything I play everything so guess I can never talk on the forums again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cooking from other comments:

Having an injector that takes x number of pills (4?) and applies them like autoinjectors. Make pills ever so slightly slower to feed to nerf them (1s max).

Ideally, medic would have burst-pilling ability or just be able to keep pilling like good old days, just a tiny bit slower?

Example: Injector pre-loaded with Inaprovaline, Tricord, Bicardine, Kelotane -> Inject 4 times on corpse you're going to defib -> Defib

Example: Exclusively put tramadol in the injector, easily painkilling any complaining ungas.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    Cooking from other comments:

Having an injector that takes x number of pills (4?) and applies them like autoinjectors. Make pills ever so slightly slower to feed to nerf them (1s max).

Ideally, medic would have burst-pilling ability or just be able to keep pilling like good old days, just a tiny bit slower?

Example: Injector pre-loaded with Inaprovaline, Tricord, Bicardine, Kelotane -> Inject 4 times on corpse you're going to defib -> Defib

Example: Exclusively put tramadol in the injector, easily painkilling any complaining ungas.
    I think that's called a hypospray mate