User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A concern relating to PFC Kits

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine caring about injectors or syringes when you have the SUPERIOR Hypospray

30u of storage, 5u each INSTANT stab, and you can feed pills into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As squad medic, I would use minimedics if I could realize they are nearby (their differences from usual muhrines are not so obvious) and if they are able to help (not just ungaing).

Valuable tasks they could do:

1) Strip armor if they see defib sign on a muhrine(I don't know why most of them ignoring this, although they see it through HUD glasses).
    This would save around 5 seconds on each muhrine

2) Patching those I defibbed (I may want to go to defib others) with adv aid kits, bi\kelo\tram and SPLINTS, DAMN, GOD people ignoring splints these days.
    This would make muhrines happier, because they always hate medics and everyone for bad treatment, especially for pain due to ignoring splinting (also bald medics often ignoring painkillers).

3) I would like them to retrieve bodies. Marines often don't retrieve, its mostly for those who have HUD(or those who able to see black triage card).

4) I would like to ask developers to add a roller bed to minimedic kit. I saw a few times how medbay has no roller beds at all because we have many minimedics in the round.

Summary:

I would go to those who lie around and check if they are SSD\need splinting\painkillers and check if they need evac (as usual its more than 3 fractures\IB\pregnancy or just obvious organ damage with high oxy\toxin damage). Then I would try to team up with some nonbald medic to work together(I can't save lives, but I can reduce the amount of tasks for him like "I can help with splinting and patching").
    Last edited by meowpeow; 02-20-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When playing as a Doctor I've noticed regular marines come in to ask for advanced medical stuff, obviously its so they can become a pocket medic and heal themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Define, "Advanced medical stuff". When I play doctor it's normally belts that are requested by mini medics. heck before it used to be that you had flask duty. Not so much now because the work load is shifted between marines helping others out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In an ideal world, mini-medics would give wounded pills since the give verb has no delay and the marine can eat the pills themselves. Medics can also tell them what pills to give since their analyzer is instant and their ATK/BTK usage are also instant. This isn't an ideal world and somewhere along the line, someone's going to get OD'd or bleed out because the medic didn't seal their injuries.

In practice, the most effective to do is what meowpeow says where they can help a medic patch up the dead and then get them up and running. Seeing that medics tend to prioritise on reviving rather than getting their patient up and running on the spot, this'll help people get back into action faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i personally prefer doing the kitting myself as medic/synth

minimedics have a lower medical skill and do not heal for as much damage as a fully-fledged medic, doctor or synth would, and so a minimedic using an ATK would basically stop me from maximizing heal potential.

taking care of themselves, splinting, and removing armor are basically the only things i would reasonably want out of a minimedic
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mini medic is crazy good for PFC, because you dont need to go yell to medics after every damn cut or spit and can counter that retarded slow and stun from GOD DANM PAIN CRIT. Acid spit machine guns spill sad acid tears with this.
    Just don't feed marines yourself and give or throw pills to them instead.

Medics can easily focus on serius wounds and defibbing dead. Medics life is not that crazy now, as it was, after Marines become too dumb for pills.
    I personnaly dont use scanner or splint, thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think Mini Medics help a lot in battle the only and the big problem i have is i get so many patients OD in battle cause there are 3 mini medics trying to help, i know they are trying to do good, but usually they end up killing lots of patients, even more than those they do help and making the medic focus on worst cases, its good to have them to treat alive patients, but a crit patient i just rather be alone in the front than in the back with a minimedic that will OD him. i'm sad to say this cause they do are helpful as i can focus on crit, but they also harm a lot and i do think they do more harm (taking in account the ammount of patients that could be in battle and i had to evac cause OD)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that if you want to nerf the mini medic kit you just need to remove the tramadol bottle so they can't go full rambo. The second option is to give the mini medic bottles with less pills so they can't spam pills .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone wanting to nerf or rework a kit that I personally feel sit just fine.
    It's a joy to see a hurt marine, scanning them and see they already have the three essential meds in their system.

What we actually need to consider is the current medic gear.
    I mean, it's fine at it is, it's just a tad linear.
    The backpack is useless (I mean, engis at least get free fuel), the other belt option is useless (less meds, but hey, AT LEAST YOU CAN CARRY A STRETCHER ON IT NOW) and the pouches (apart from the LGP and Medkit pouch) are all pretty damn worthless.

Buff those, fix, rework, whatever, I honestly think the mini-kits sit just fine now.
    There will always be people abusing their gear to the detriment of others.
    Don't be one of them, be the good example, help your squaddies.