User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A concern relating to PFC Kits

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that mini-medic kit is both awesome and terrible at the same time, for pretty much all the reasons already listed in this thread. As to avoid needlessly repeating what has already been said, I'm just going to explain how I personally use the kit.

• I almost never use the kit's contents on its own, in order to avoid becoming a nuisance to actual medics by standing in the way, help intent shuffling and accidentally ODing people.
    • When I do take it, I always attempt to obtain a medical storage rig, dump the backpack for a shotgun scabbard and make myself a gimmick/challenge loadout. It's fun!
    • The one case where I absolutely will always grab a minimedic kit is when I also grab a mini-intel kit from requisitions. The two kits synergise extremely well and give me the edge and longevity required to keep on doing intel work when IOs inevitably die horribly in some far-off corner of the map. Not to mention, this way I can always rejoin the frontlines if need be!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann handle View Post
    Why not design the mini medic around Auto injectors, (gonna need a BIG pouch for injectors for this to even be viable), if the whole rambo thing is getting out of hand? You know, like what auto injectors are supposed to be for but was nerfed due to marines stocking up on them before they deploy. No matter how one tries to make this work it's always going to draw criticism over powergaming. The only other thing I can think of is to limit the number of kits like you get with specs, the entire battalion gets X amount of mini kits. It's that or people have to go to cargo or medical to receive their kits (and have doctors RP medical training or something).

I personally think that most marines are now actively helping each other more and helping medics. The big hindrance being the speed a mini can scan someone leads to people running away or people OD'ing like crazy. Still, it makes me feel great when I become the rollerbed spec and can actually heal people and use a medhud to spot the wounded again.
    that's actually a pretty good idea, i usually take some autoinjectors as medic but rarely ever need them as i only have to click on my pill bottle once in my life saver belt to pop a pill, maybe two clicks if im not sure what damage they have

but letting mini medics get a shit ton of varied autoinjectors would give them a unique nieche purpose:boosting

boost anyone that gets downed in a fight so they can keep fighting, its not going to save them if they're already dying, but injectors can keep someone on their feet

also just give mini medic kits to CMO and mini engineer kits to CE, let it be their problem