November 6, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Jack Harrow

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    VerminTheVarmin - CMP Samuel Anderson
    SubjectD9341 - CMO Jean Corbeau
    Derpman3 - MP Joseph Strome

Accused Character Name
    Prof. Jean 'Docteur' Corbeau, CMP Samuel Anderson, and MP SSGT. Joseph Strome

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Approx 18:00hrs

What rule(s) were broken:
    Roleplay Standards/ML

Description of the incident:
    As Jack Harrow, MP, I was outside the med-bay keeping the peace right outside the Alamo Eastern Landing doors. Inside of the medbay lobby there was a large section of glass panels with two orange power loaders on either side of the display. In the center of the display were plaques, such as the ROs, among other items. This whole thing was made by Sgt. Hunter 'Pun' Thompson and is referenced multiple times in chat logs.

I overhear a commotion in the lobby area, where the display is, and move to investigate. I see Jean Corbeau striking a marine with a folding chair multiple times, rendering the marine unconscious. I spoke with the marine when they woke up and realize that they didn't want to press charges so I didn't make an issue of it.

Not even three minutes later I see SGT. Joe Joenius reclaiming one of the powerloaders. Sgt. Thompson makes multiple attempts to rip him out of the rig as I attempt to get them both to stop. I see Joenius make multiple attempts to do as I asked but Thompson continues to follow him and attempt to rip him out of the powerloader. He attempts to flee north out of the medbay lobby and towards the hallway.

I see Prof. Corbeau chase after them and hear the sound of a flamethrower going off a moment later. I realize what happened and go to confirm as I see logs that Corbeau threw away the flamethrower and was then attempting to stop a marine who was on the ground burning. He successfully stops the burning but I intervene at this point and tell the CMO he's under arrest for assault at minimum at that point.

He takes off and runs away. I call over the radio for backup and for someone to set his status to "arrest". Despite multiple explinations, Strome proceeds to just place them as a "suspect" insisting that I "investigate" the situation further despite being a witness to every moment of the situation unfold. Disregarding this information he does not move to assist nor does he do as he was asked and set the CMO to "arrest status".

I see the CMO in the area of the medbay again and attempt to make an arrest. He uses a gas grenade which disorients my character and prevents me from giving chase. I attempt to tase him but, due to Strome failing to do as he was asked despite clear reason to do so, since the CMO wasn't set to arrest the CMO got away as the taser bolts didn't effect them. I called for backup which never came, the cadets, other MP, and CMP all ignoring the radio traffic.

I finally get the CMO set to arrest and attempt to take him into custody, I follow him around the medbay where he attempts to go up the left southern ladder into research and I manage to baton him once. Nurse Ramon 'Bad Frag' Owens intervenes, body blocking me multiple times and disarming me to the degree I was pushed over. They tried to take my dropped baton but were stunned by the security on the device. Owens was taken into custody for Interfering with an arrest.

While in the brig I see the CMO now show up with NO status on them. I ask the CMP who states he's not going to allow the charge to go through because the CMO helped the CL. I attempted to point this out and write a formal complaint in the round but the round shortly ended there after.

As I was speaking with Silencer_pl about the matter in PMs, who encouraged me to make this report, Corbeau proceeds to come into the brig, and without provocation, gasses me again. Due to the chemicals used my character constantly passed out multiple times and was rendered helpless for several minutes. Only then was the CMO arrested but they were let them go due to round-end shenanigans.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    What resolution are you seeking?
    Strome, for his blatant negligence in the face of the situation and going out of his way to ignore facts and circumstances to assist a criminal should get an appropriate warning unless this is a reoccuring issues.

The CMP and CMO are supposed to, and likely are, veterans players who should know better about these things. The fact that it got that bad and nothing was done until it had to happen literally in front of multiple MPs is just beyond negligent and the fact that the CMP let them go to begin with is in clear violation of ML. Additionally, both failed to uphold the elevated standards placed on officers by repeatedly acting in a manner that is contrary to their rank, to include fighting marines, gasing marines/mp with specially made mixtures, inappropriately pardoning without proper justification, and shooting themselves. I believe the CMO and CMP are due proper punishments based on their history but greater than a warning.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 11-07-2021 at 02:33 AM.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I took a look at the situation (and a related ahelp not from you) and the situation definitely deserves an in depth look and analysis which is why I asked you to make this report. By what I could determine there were indeed multiple issues with shipside shenanigans that may have went way out of control and the MP dept failed to react to them. I would have investigated this OOCly and ICly but the round has ended by the time I was mad aware of this, hence I recommended the report.

I would also recommend that whoever takes logs for this, they look into the actions of Hunter 'Pun' Thompson, as they seemed to be one of the major catalysts of the conflicts in this round.

I have updated your post to contain the CKeys of the players in your report.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 11-07-2021 at 02:35 AM.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is surprising. I wasn't aware during the round of what was happening on the MP side. During the round I fully expected to be arrested since I broke ML. The round was uneventful so I wanted to play cat and mouse with the MPs while waiting for the nurse Ramon 'Bad Frag' Owens I was training for the 2nd round in a row to finish his pill bottles so I could check on them later.
    I was surprised myself when I wasn't arrested. During the surgery on the prisoner I thought I was about to be ambushed in the operating theater and was ready to create a gas cloud to escape. I did a 2nd gas cloud just after to try to reignite a MP chase but it didn't happen due to round end.

On the point about RP standards, CMO to my understanding is not a commissioned officer like the CMP or is in the chain of command and so is more free to do shenanigans to spice up the often dull rounds in medbay. I do not have control as CMO on what the CMP or the MPs do with their arrest orders, if CMP decided to let myself go free despite ML saying otherwise it isn't my problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding this here so I don't forget.

Logs assigned to Taketheshot56.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This hasn't been forgotten about. Pending management reshuffle I'll look more into getting these logs.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya! I took the liberty of finally grabbing logs for this so you won't burn in player report hell forever. So here goes!

Reporting Player: Jack Harrow (Medizeal)
    Reported Players: Jean 'Docteur' Corbeau (SubjectD9341), Samuel Anderson (VerminTheVarmin), Joseph Strome (Derpman3)
    Other involved Players: Hunter 'Pun' Thompson (Nuklearcellphoneg), Joe Joenius (Tactical_Man)

The entire drama surrounding the Powerloader theft prior to the incident of this report:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jack trying to resolve the Powerloader debate peacefully, while also calling the CMP over (who never came):

Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO Jean comes out with a Flamethrower and torches the CT, then runs off when he's confronted with arrest:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Initial MP comms exchange about CMO's arrest warrant:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jean using the first gas bomb (sadly these aren't logged, but it's evident he used one here):

Spoiler Spoiler:

MEANWHILE, from the other perspective, the CMP and Strome appear busy primarily with teaching 2 Cadets in Brig.

Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP and Strome both tell the 2 Cadets to go and assist Jack via Comms:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jack tries to arrest Jean but is held up by the Nurse:

Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO, at this point, arrives at Brig when called to treat the wounded CL:

Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO enters Brig. CMP tells MPs not to arrest CMO:

Spoiler Spoiler:

At this point, one of the MPs/the CMP removes the CMO's wanted status, presumably because the CMP had given them 'amnesty' for responding to their call and reviving the CL:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Much later (watch time stamps), the CMO reappears at the Brig after what seems to be another case of the CL needing surgery. The CT from the original incident is also here due to trying to assassinate Jean with a pistol earlier. I've cut those logs since they're irrelevant to the report at hand:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Let me know if there's anything you think is missing from these, and I'll look into it again for ya!
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a note there is another instance of the CMO attacking my character after round end without provocation via a gas-bomb. Only at that point after he does it in front of literally everyone, and I have to once again Prompt the arrest because I can't stay conscious for more than a few seconds, is he then arrested. He is then immediately let go due to round-end shenanigans.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In conjunction with two other player reports for breaking Marine Law as an MP role, on top of a lengthy history of the same, VerminTheVarmin has been banned for three days and has received a department ban from MP.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001