User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: This server has become a massive hugbox

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, the reality is simple. When a feature is implemented it can no longer get removed. See the current techwebs trickleback. If someone removes anything people would complain for literal years. Marines are still complaining about perma nesting. Xenos are still complaining about stuff like the old praetorian(my personal love). And people just would never accept that hey, yes permanesting is gone, but now xenos cap maybe a third as much, because warrior can't backline cap, spitter has no neuro, prae has no neuro and Queen's capping ability is nerfred somewhat due to drag slow and those stomp sounds. On the xeno side, I don't want to play the new base rav, I don't want to play warden, I want my old prae. So the golden rule of CM balancing debates is this:

As long as it's not the buff\nerf YOU want, any other buffs to your faction and nerfs to the opponent faction DO NOT EXIST.

As for the CMs general trend towards casualization, well, warrior was saved from MOBA. Techwebs were disabled for now. There is still hope. There are new threats now and we'll see if the current era does any further damage to CM or improves it.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDIS Pathe View Post
    I still wonder if anyone who makes these types of posts have even touched the game in 6 months
    I've played various roles during every major era of CM since I found the server in late 2018. I haven't played modern CM that much (because I didn't like it) but I've played enough to have a solid opinion. Hence the post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    they dont lol. if everyone bitching about the state of the game was able to shotgun juggle dual mous I think I would respect their opinion but these mfs dont even put their character name in their forum signature and the ones that do I'm just like "who?"
    I don't see why being the best player on the server should be required to have an opinion, especially when I specifically mention non-combat gameplay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I don't see why being the best player on the server should be required to have an opinion, especially when I specifically mention non-combat gameplay.
    because good balance is usually top down. If scrub strats become too strong because the xenos are too bald the balance shouldn't be changed its the players that should be better. This is so that players like BOO, ect cant just omega fuck everyone on the server due too buffs just because hes one of the only lurkers who can do what he does. Also the problem with medical is that yeah I get that its boring and sucks or whatever right now but you know what else is boring and sucks? staring at 2 sprites by each other for 10 minutes because you have no shot at fighting a prime xeno because you have 2 fracs.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear killing shotgun juggling would be worth it to just to watch sweaty pfc mains cry.

Believe it or not the whole point is the game been dumbed down TOO appease the common pfc that only wants to point and click. Believe it or not SS13 sucks ass as a TDM. It is more fun having to deal with mortar fire, those nasty RPGs, the hidden CAS and other bullshit then having to deal with some sweaty guy that thinks marines need to move as fast as runners so they cant juggle everything to death. Also hate the research stims, messes up the balance and makes it all hinge on research since powerful early game chems are major force multipliers for PFCs it used to be somewhat gated by IOs but it got messed up by the half baked tech trees.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shotty juggling is fine. It actually takes some skill to be effective with. And I'm not talking about the mechanical skill. But about positioning, knowing when to engage and so on. I also say it with full authority of someone who never runs that build personally, but fights, kills and dies to it quite often. I also love (bad) shotgun jugglers. "Oh no, why is there a caste called sentinel that completely counters this one particular very strong build, lets rework it so I'll be completely invulnerable to it." Or you get shotgun jugglers releasing edited videos to complain about warrior, where the video starts after the warrior grab already happened, so it's not clear if they did anything to save themselves from getting grabbed, on top of that they're point manning for some reason with no effective backup.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The year is 2021, we are still complaining about double shotgun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    Shotty juggling is fine. It actually takes some skill to be effective with. And I'm not talking about the mechanical skill. But about positioning, knowing when to engage and so on. I also say it with full authority of someone who never runs that build personally, but fights, kills and dies to it quite often. I also love (bad) shotgun jugglers. "Oh no, why is there a caste called sentinel that completely counters this one particular very strong build, lets rework it so I'll be completely invulnerable to it." Or you get shotgun jugglers releasing edited videos to complain about warrior, where the video starts after the warrior grab already happened, so it's not clear if they did anything to save themselves from getting grabbed, on top of that they're point manning for some reason with no effective backup.
    Yeah I was only mentioning it as a skill not necessarily it being good. The problem with shotgun juggling is that usually you can get enough stuns with just one shotgun and the fact that you cant chase like at all. and you're useless against most t3s. and most people cant do it fast enough for it to be worth it. I think double mous is much better albeit you usually dont have a backup weapon so once you fire your shells you can get fucked by a grab. Again though the marine weapons are fairly balanced as of right now. If you die to a shotgun juggler as a woyer all I can say is line up your grab better and have team mates ready to cover.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Single shotgun is kinda bad now. You won't be able to kill a good lurker with it, your best bet is killing some bad warrior or a bad runner. The problem is that it's performance is tied to the double shotgun performance, with no way to buff one without buffing the other.

As for MOU, I'm slowly warming up to Triiodine's old idea of reworking it completely. I've been working on a rav strain a little bit, double MOU is a bit of a bitch to balance against, because I don't want to make it tanky at all. I'm starting to think that something is wrong with a gun when the devs have to introduce artificial mechanics to keep it balanced, like that MOU group wield delay.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sg2002 View Post
    Single shotgun is kinda bad now. You won't be able to kill a good lurker with it, your best bet is killing some bad warrior or a bad runner. The problem is that it's performance is tied to the double shotgun performance, with no way to buff one without buffing the other.

As for MOU, I'm slowly warming up to Triiodine's old idea of reworking it completely. I've been working on a rav strain a little bit, double MOU is a bit of a bitch to balance against, because I don't want to make it tanky at all. I'm starting to think that something is wrong with a gun when the devs have to introduce artificial mechanics to keep it balanced, like that MOU group wield delay.
    The answer is simple. SS13 sucks ass at ranged combat. No matter what devs will do, they will be never able to balance shotguns, because you can see only fucking 7 tiles away from you. Average beno walks that distance in a second, or a second and a half.
    Either you make shotgun overpowered in a situation it is already favoured, or you make it stupidly weak. No other way around.
    All this talk that marines are "ranged" faction, while xenos are "melee". Bullshit, they are both melee range with how it works in SS13.
    Even dedicated HvH servers have problems with that and the solution is generally making everyone slower, giving everyone ability to scope and reducing the availability to semi-automatic/automatic weaponry.
    This will never work in CM.

All that can be done are some jury-rigged bandaids, because nothing else (even if possible code-wise and fairly easy) will be added, because its drastic. Like increasing sight range for everyone, then slowing down marines, then nerfing beno and marine HP and (beno) armor, then adding weaker version of warrior's grip to basically every beno, then increase acid blood splash a lot and then rebalancing all marine weaponry.