User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: This server has become a massive hugbox

Whitelisted Captain Total_Epicness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MOBA marked the beginning of TDMification of CM and was the starting point of the steep decline in RP (RP was already slowly declining a bit premoba, this sped it up)

Eventually, after MOBA, macros became common place, stats were made so that kills were prioritized. ( tracking kills was so TDM, even for the TDMification at the time, that it was removed). Complex systems got gutted to be simplified.

Now we're late stage, macros are pretty much REQUIRED as xeno. 70% of marines go SSD in alamo pre-drop when they are done equipping. Squads have turned to deathballs and powercreep continues to creep.

The playerbase has already gotten used to it unfortunately. There is tons of people who don't really know what CM used to be and only know TDMCM.

RP flares up rarely for the average non-shipsider nowadays. Another thing is that admins are very passive when it comes to gross RP violations ( I see netspeak almost every round now. ), so that is not helping at all. I know someone is going to say """"""""""""""""""""""you can't enforce RP""""""""""""""", but you can at the very least help facilitate it by doing the bare minimum.
    Benson 'Bengus' Gusman, Frankie 'LTB' Sulyard (old TC name)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Total_Epicness View Post
    MOBA marked the beginning of TDMification of CM and was the starting point of the steep decline in RP (RP was already slowly declining a bit premoba, this sped it up)

Eventually, after MOBA, macros became common place, stats were made so that kills were prioritized. ( tracking kills was so TDM, even for the TDMification at the time, that it was removed). Complex systems got gutted to be simplified.

Now we're late stage, macros are pretty much REQUIRED as xeno. 70% of marines go SSD in alamo pre-drop when they are done equipping. Squads have turned to deathballs and powercreep continues to creep.

The playerbase has already gotten used to it unfortunately. There is tons of people who don't really know what CM used to be and only know TDMCM.

RP flares up rarely for the average non-shipsider nowadays. Another thing is that admins are very passive when it comes to gross RP violations ( I see netspeak almost every round now. ), so that is not helping at all. I know someone is going to say """"""""""""""""""""""you can't enforce RP""""""""""""""", but you can at the very least help facilitate it by doing the bare minimum.
    I hate macros and think they inherently are bad game design

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any harm in short, one-two commands macros.

If you really complain that you have to macro 4 buttons to use abilities and you can't juggle them as a beno, then its on you, a true skill issue.

How the fuck do you guys play marine if you hate such macros like benos have? For example a unstrained defender that requires only xeno ability three and four.
    Pumping shotgun? Macro. Fire mode? Macro. Underbarrel attachement? Macro. Rail attachement? Macro. Stock attachement? Macro. Close the cylinder of a revolver? Macro.

Marines sitting in DS has nothing to do with any change that occured in CM. Quite the opposite, the more boring and mundane each round is, the more likely it is that marines won't interact with anything pre-drop.

CM surerly used to be a TDMCM for xenos and dying simulator for marines in the past. Returning back would be like trying to avoid small crack in pavement to step into a shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    I hate macros and think they inherently are bad game design
    Damn I really love dying to 4 clicks because I have to flick my mouse around to a tiny icon on the screen each time I want to fire my shotgun. are forum dwellers really this out of touch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    Damn I really love dying to 4 clicks because I have to flick my mouse around to a tiny icon on the screen each time I want to fire my shotgun. are forum dwellers really this out of touch?
    non admin/whitelist Forum dwellers are mostly never players change my mind

Major James Blackbriar of the USCM & W-Y Joint Colonial Operations vessel; USS Black Gold of 502nd Engineering Corps 2nd Division 3rd Fleet 3rd Division 15th Bat. "The Mudskippers"

Passport
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is correct.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hugbox in favor of marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These discussions always lead nowhere because you're arguing with neverplayers who are comparing an imaginary state of the game to an imaginary state of the game "back when it was better".

The constant bellyaching is ridiculous. For the sake of everyone's sanity take the old codebase and make another CM-esque server.
    TGMC has a niche, CM has a niche, and I'd imagine the roleplay oriented 2017 CM would have a niche too. After all, there's a ton of ex-CM roleplayers around, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunk View Post
    These discussions always lead nowhere because you're arguing with neverplayers who are comparing an imaginary state of the game to an imaginary state of the game "back when it was better".

The constant bellyaching is ridiculous. For the sake of everyone's sanity take the old codebase and make another CM-esque server.
    TGMC has a niche, CM has a niche, and I'd imagine the roleplay oriented 2017 CM would have a niche too. After all, there's a ton of ex-CM roleplayers around, right?
    Okay, old codebase leak when?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skimmy2 View Post
    Okay, old codebase leak when?
    If you look at an earlier page in this thread you will have your answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    If anyone wants the 2017 Raw version of the CM code you can message me on discord and with Apop, Rahl, ForwardSlashN and myself will give you permission to use it.